Allegiance To The Republic

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Allegiance To The Republic

Post by ohio jones »

A public school teacher recently told me that his students take turns leading the pledge, while he stands at the side of the room and silently prays for them. He explains this at the beginning of the year, and some of the students have thanked him for it years later. Seems like a good way of handling it in an ongoing situation.

In the interdenominational Christian school I attended, we said three pledges of allegiance -- to the American flag, the Christian flag, and the Bible. I suppose in cases of conflict it should be clear 2-to-1 where my allegiance really is. 8-)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Followers of the Way had a great PDF document about competing loyalties, but I can't seem to find it. I'll post it if I find it later. The takeaway was basically: would Jesus want to be second-best in your loyalties?
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Here's the PDF I talked about regarding allegiance: http://s3.amazonaws.com/churchplantmedi ... reason.pdf
0 x