Bunny Trails: Politics

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Meanwhile, in Texas

Post by temporal1 »

Vivek Ramaswamy would be ideal to revamp gov education.
It’s been broken for far too long.

Possibly the greatest need in the U.S., more than international affairs, national borders, human rights, et al.
Children, teens, young adults deserve balanced education. The chronic imbalance has been ignored for too long.

U.S. children, their families, taxpayers, have been sold an empty bill of goods. Passing mediocrity.

There is little hope graduates can be adequately prepared for real life, hopefully, for excellence and honor, without balance in their formal education. Harvard well-reflects the problems, of notice even before Ms Gay.

i have no idea what would be required, but the starting place should be to hire admin, teachers, staff in balanced ways, hopefully without added rule of law, to assure gov ed is not the sole playground for lib ideologues. Pre-K through college.

Betsy DeVos was never up to the challenge.

Vivek has the wherewithal to be able to say, “The party’s over.” :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:21 pm Vivek Ramaswamy would be ideal to revamp gov education.
It’s been broken for far too long.

Possibly the greatest need in the U.S., more than international affairs, national borders, human rights, et al.
Children, teens, young adults deserve balanced education. The chronic imbalance has been ignored for too long.

U.S. children, their families, taxpayers, have been sold an empty bill of goods. Passing mediocrity.

There is little hope graduates can be adequately prepared for real life, hopefully, for excellence and honor, without balance in their formal education. Harvard well-reflects the problems, of notice even before Ms Gay.

i have no idea what would be required, but the starting place should be to hire admin, teachers, staff in balanced ways, hopefully without added rule of law, to assure gov ed is not the sole playground for lib ideologues. Pre-K through college.

Betsy DeVos was never up to the challenge.

Vivek has the wherewithal to be able to say, “The party’s over.” :)
I'm not sure what this has to do with Texas. But none of those things you just listed are part of the federal Department of Education. Those are all issues that are under the jurisdiction of the various states.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:43 pm
Robert wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 pm McConnell is not a very big Trump fan. I see him as a very corrupt leader. I hope he retires soon.
Incidentally, I’m currently teaching my sophomore students informal logical fallacies. This is an example of ad hominem. :geek:
^^The bunny trail started here.

To repeat, i don’t have direction, but after listening to Vivek a bit, i expect he does .. that is, he would see+assess needs clearly and find direct paths to have impact. To FIX problems, to avoid chronic+worsening disease, the love child of lib gov.

One sore spot would be teachers’ unions - for teachers, not students. And it shows.
Private ed and homeschools don’t settle for union teachers. That’s a clue.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:43 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:43 pm
Robert wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 pm McConnell is not a very big Trump fan. I see him as a very corrupt leader. I hope he retires soon.
Incidentally, I’m currently teaching my sophomore students informal logical fallacies. This is an example of ad hominem. :geek:
^^The bunny trail started here.

To repeat, i don’t have direction, but after listening to Vivek a bit, i expect he does .. that is, he would see+assess needs clearly and find direct paths to have impact. To FIX problems, to avoid chronic+worsening disease, the love child of lib gov.

One sore spot would be teachers’ unions - for teachers, not students. And it shows.
Private ed and homeschools don’t settle for union teachers. That’s a clue.
Teachers have a constitutional right to join any organization that they want. The Supreme Court has long held that the First Amendment's protection of free speech, assembly, and petition logically extends to include a “freedom of association." Just like you have a constitutional right to join any organization you want from the Republican Party or NRA to your local Mennonite Church, so do teachers.

What you are really talking about is whether states or school districts should engage in collective bargaining with teacher unions. There are 33 states that allow some form of collective bargaining in education, and 17 states that do not. Since this is a Texas thread, I would point out that Texas is one that does not. So we already have a ready-made experiment available to determine the effects of collective bargaining on educational outcomes. Go ahead and compare educational outcomes in states that allow collective bargaining with those that do not. I suspect you will not find the results that you want.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

The starting point i’m interested in would be reports (of years) that consistently reflect the vast majority of educators and admin that are registered to vote, vote for the DNC. That should be a glaring red flag for anyone.

It’s so routinely imbalanced, over decades, it could be compared with a monopoly.

No evidence the problem will resolve itself.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails: Politics

Post by Grace »

Last week Biden announced that he will block new liquid natural gas (LNG) installations. Not only will this cost vital jobs, and increased energy prices, it means Europe may need to buy their LNG from Putin. U.S. gas exports rose sharply after Russia’s February 2022 invasion of Ukraine. So in the name of reducing carbon emissions, his decision will enrich Russia and indirectly fund the war between Russia and Ukraine. Biden is funding the war between Russia and Ukraine from both ends. He wants to send 60 billion of our tax money to strengthen Ukraine’s military; he also wants to indirectly fund Russia at the expense of our economy and fuel prices. Add to that it will lengthen the war with all its death and destruction.

We knew he was a horrible warmongering politician, but his emboldening Putin on so many fronts, and empowering Iran (who funds Hamas) comes at such a high price of death and destruction. His agenda seems to be one of horror, death and a hatred for the country and its citizens. His administration is an administration of death, from promoting the killing of the unborn, the deaths at the southern border, and the deaths in the wars he has emboldened and empowered.

Add to that, by reducing the exports of LNG in the name of reducing carbon emissions, some of the countries will just resort to building more coal plants, increasing those emissions.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails: Politics

Post by Grace »

Four of the illegal migrants who brutally beat and pummeled NYPD police in Times Square were released without bail by none other than Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg. The illegal criminal migrants then acquired phony names and got tickets and left the city for a sanctuary state, California, and free to commit more crimes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... y-have-fl/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-migr ... mes-square

Meanwhile, peaceful hymn singing, praying, pro life people, who demonstrated at an abortion clinic, could face up to 10 years in prison and fines over $200,000.

https://www.ncregister.com/cna/six-pro- ... -in-prison

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pro-life- ... bidens-doj
0 x