March in DC January 6

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

March in DC January 6

Post by Valerie »

The March that's planned on Wednesday, March 6, is to show support for President Trump AND the belief that this is a fraudulent election & hopes to be overturned.
I do know former Amish & know of Anabaptist that plan or at least hope to be there and if not plan to stay and pray.
One of them posted an area map of places to avoid because of Antifa & BLM- the mayor of DC reportedly is shutting everything down in the area, gas stations, hotels, stores, convenience stores- people are sharing that you should bring plenty of food, water, blankets- the hope is that this would discourage people from coming.

My question is, why does Antifa and BLM feel the need to be there? What do they hope to accomplish? By attending the former 2 marches since the election, there were people hurt. So why don't they just leave the march alone and stay home? Is this to scare people from going, like the mayor hopes to do?
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: March in DC January 6

Post by ohio jones »

Seems to me that a March in January is clear evidence of global warming.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote:The March that's planned on Wednesday, March 6, [Jan 6?] is to show support for President Trump AND the belief that this is a fraudulent election & hopes to be overturned.
I do know former Amish & know of Anabaptist that plan or at least hope to be there and if not plan to stay and pray.
One of them posted an area map of places to avoid because of Antifa & BLM- the mayor of DC reportedly is shutting everything down in the area, gas stations, hotels, stores, convenience stores- people are sharing that you should bring plenty of food, water, blankets- the hope is that this would discourage people from coming.

My question is, why does Antifa and BLM feel the need to be there? What do they hope to accomplish? By attending the former 2 marches since the election, there were people hurt. So why don't they just leave the march alone and stay home? Is this to scare people from going, like the mayor hopes to do?
Peace is not the goal.
Media coverage, even if violence ensues, is a major goal. It pays off.
Thus, “we are here.”

Without these groups, media would IGNORE, as they do pro life marches and other matters as they subjectively choose. They NEVER ignore their chosen groups.

See the pattern? :wave:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote:The March that's planned on Wednesday, March 6, is to show support for President Trump AND the belief that this is a fraudulent election & hopes to be overturned.

If you are marching in support of Trump's attempts to overturn the election (your words) then you are marching in favor of an illegal coup attempt. The election was certified in all 50 states and the electoral college has voted. There is no remaining legal mechanism for overturning the election. Trump has exhausted all of those mechanisms in the courts and has been universally shot down in every state and federal court where he has filed suit, by largely conservative judges. All the way up to the Supreme Court multiple times. Only illegal mechanisms remain for overturning the election, like Trump and his cronies musing about martial law. Or Trump trying to illegally extort the Georgia Secretary of State into fraudulently "finding enough votes" to flip the result to him, which he was caught on tape doing this past weekend. You should not be surprised if counter-protestors show up in opposition to this behavior.

Washington DC is a very Democratic city. The people who live there have had a front-row seat to the Trump Administration for the past 4 years and apparently didn't like what they saw judging how the district voted this past November. Most of the people who choose to show up on Weds to oppose your march are likely to be ordinary DC citizens who are turning out to celebrate Biden's win, and to oppose outsiders coming in to agitate for an illegal coup attempt to overthrow the election. Which you admit yourself is the objective of the march in the first place.
Last edited by Ken on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

When Trump called for "wild protests", was he calling for "wildly peaceful protests"?

If there is violence - and there probably will be - there will be plenty of blame to go around. Proud Boys are planning to dress as Antifa or incognito, apparently, perhaps in order to avoid being identified if there is violence. Antifa and Proud Boys will probably be equally responsible for violence.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote:The March that's planned on Wednesday, March 6, is to show support for President Trump AND the belief that this is a fraudulent election & hopes to be overturned.

Some folks are better at planning ahead than I am. Wednesday March 6 will not occur until 2024. I have no idea what I'll be doing that day but probably not marching in a Trump parade in DC.
1 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

According to the 'Current Events' forum description, this belongs in the 'Politics' forum. :P ;)
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote:According to the 'Current Events' forum description, this belongs in the 'Politics' forum. :P ;)
Thanks for mentioning that, Sudsy. I've moved the thread. Now that there's a "No Politics" Usergroup, it's important to keep political threads properly classified.

0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote:Seems to me that a March in January is clear evidence of global warming.
Its in Washington DC, not Northeast OH, the March for Life has always been in DC in January as well
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote:When Trump called for "wild protests", was he calling for "wildly peaceful protests"?

If there is violence - and there probably will be - there will be plenty of blame to go around. Proud Boys are planning to dress as Antifa or incognito, apparently, perhaps in order to avoid being identified if there is violence. Antifa and Proud Boys will probably be equally responsible for violence.
There's been caravans still all over the country. The Rose Parade was canceled so they formed a Trump parade. These happen by the people on their own
0 x