Election Investigations

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Election Investigations

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:22 am
Josh wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:44 am
Do you think that's the system we should have instead of the justice system, political leaders who get off scot free no matter what they do and threaten anyone who would expose their misdeeds?
No, I don't. I think biased and corrupt government officials like Leticia Jones should be held accountable, which in my view would include imprisonment for numerous ways they have abused government office and broken the law.
What laws do you think Leticia Jones has broken? Be specific.
I won’t convince you so I won’t bother answering. Your mind is already made up.

The Democrats have a plan (well documented) to basically prosecute and try to put in prison any politicians who present a serious threat to them. They believe “The ends justify the means.” This is very dangerous for democracy and represents the end of our republic.

They should just let the voters decide if they want Trump in office instead. Instead they keep having lawsuits to try to keep him off the ballot. The “financial crimes” Trump is charged with are extremely flimsy (most of us are probably guilty of them too, if you’ve ever not immediately run to the tax auditor to proclaim what you just refinanced your mortgage for).
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 am
Ken wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:22 am
Josh wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:44 am

No, I don't. I think biased and corrupt government officials like Leticia Jones should be held accountable, which in my view would include imprisonment for numerous ways they have abused government office and broken the law.
What laws do you think Leticia Jones has broken? Be specific.
I won’t convince you so I won’t bother answering. Your mind is already made up.

The Democrats have a plan (well documented) to basically prosecute and try to put in prison any politicians who present a serious threat to them. They believe “The ends justify the means.” This is very dangerous for democracy and represents the end of our republic.

They should just let the voters decide if they want Trump in office instead. Instead they keep having lawsuits to try to keep him off the ballot. The “financial crimes” Trump is charged with are extremely flimsy (most of us are probably guilty of them too, if you’ve ever not immediately run to the tax auditor to proclaim what you just refinanced your mortgage for).
So, to summarize:

1. You think Leticia James should be imprisoned despite being utterly unable to point to even so much as a parking ticket as evidence of her supposed crimes.

2. You think Trump should be given a free pass and never be held accountable for anything despite copious evidence of crimes and wrong-doing across 90+ felony indictments

3. You think it is a Democratic plot to manufacture false evidence against Trump despite the fact that two of the four prosecutions he is facing (and the two most serious ones) are being run by a prosecutor who is NOT a Democrat.

And no, most of us here are NOT guilty of committing systematic and deliberate fraud in order to defraud financial institutions out of hundreds of millions of dollars. At least I'm not but I suppose I shouldn't speak for you.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ken

Post by Ken »

It turns out there actually was voter fraud in Georgia. But it had nothing to do with mail-in ballots or voter ID

0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm It turns out there actually was voter fraud in Georgia. But it had nothing to do with mail-in ballots or voter ID

It is hard for me to believe how often the fraud is alway and only Republican. Mankind isn’t this consistent. I mean it is always the Republicans getting caught for this sort of thing. Why? Are they just clumsy and dumb? Does the media simply not report Democrats doing it? Are the prosecutors all Democrat? Why is this?

I mean, statistically there should at least occasionally be a Democrat caught for this once in a while. Does voting Democratic imbue a sense of honesty?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 pmIt is hard for me to believe how often the fraud is alway and only Republican. Mankind isn’t this consistent. I mean it is always the Republicans getting caught for this sort of thing. Why? Are they just clumsy and dumb? Does the media simply not report Democrats doing it? Are the prosecutors all Democrat? Why is this?

I mean, statistically there should at least occasionally be a Democrat caught for this once in a while. Does voting Democratic imbue a sense of honesty?
Sometimes Democrats get caught too: https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/28 ... tal-mason/ and https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... stake-jail The difference is that they tend to get hard time rather than a slap on the wrist. Why do you think that is? What is different about these cases compared to the previous one?

0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 pmIt is hard for me to believe how often the fraud is alway and only Republican. Mankind isn’t this consistent. I mean it is always the Republicans getting caught for this sort of thing. Why? Are they just clumsy and dumb? Does the media simply not report Democrats doing it? Are the prosecutors all Democrat? Why is this?

Sometimes Democrats get caught too. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... stake-jail The difference is that they tend to get hard time rather than a slap on the wrist. Why do you think that is? What is different about these cases compared to the previous one?

Ah. So it’s the media. The title simply says Texas woman (how do they know that’s a woman) instead of blaring her party affiliation “Democrat gets caught voting illegally again!”.

Texas in the title suggests Republicans to me, and I don’t see anything about her party affiliation anywhere. Instead I see mention of that conservative bastion Tennessee.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm Ah. So it’s the media. The title simply says Texas woman (how do they know that’s a woman) instead of blaring her party affiliation “Democrat gets caught voting illegally again!”.

Texas in the title suggests Republicans to me, and I don’t see anything about her party affiliation anywhere. Instead I see mention of that conservative bastion Tennessee.
Pamela Moses, the Tennessee woman was a former TN Democratic Party Committee member and in the process of filing to run for mayor as a Democrat when the case happened. She was also a BLM activist. I think that information is in the story.

Texas doesn't have party registration for voting so it is impossible to know what the TX woman's party affiliation was or which party she preferred. When you vote in TX you just pick whichever primary ballot you want, Republican or Democratic at the time of voting. It isn't like Oregon where you actually have to register for a specific party or as an independent.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm Ah. So it’s the media. The title simply says Texas woman (how do they know that’s a woman) instead of blaring her party affiliation “Democrat gets caught voting illegally again!”.

Pamela Moses, the Tennessee woman was a former TN Democratic Party Committee member and in the process of filing to run for mayor as a Democrat when the case happened. She was also a BLM activist. I think that information is in the story.

Texas doesn't have party registration for voting so it is impossible to know what the TX woman's party affiliation was or which party she preferred. When you vote in TX you just pick whichever primary ballot you want, Republican or Democratic at the time of voting. It isn't like Oregon where you actually have to register for a specific party or as an independent.
Well none of that information was in the screen shots, or the link. It was nicely buried from those of us who don’t know her. Good job, media.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 pmWell none of that information was in the screen shots, or the link. It was nicely buried from those of us who don’t know her. Good job, media.
Here's the Washington Post. They do a better job: https://wapo.st/3IVhPMq

0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 pmWell none of that information was in the screen shots, or the link. It was nicely buried from those of us who don’t know her. Good job, media.
Here's the Washington Post. They do a better job: https://wapo.st/3IVhPMq

I mean sure, it’s better in the sense that they mention it in the body. But notice how the title not only omits blaring “Democrat Cheated!!!”, but instead makes it sound like it was all an unfortunate misunderstanding that wasn’t her fault. (Which for all I know may be. I have no idea. I’m just pointing out the obvious bias.)

And compare the chosen Pritchard photo, showing him wagging his finger and looking mean, to the WaPo picture of her looking sweet and innocent and sun dappled. These selections are intentional decisions.
0 x