Kingdom Christians and Left-wing politics

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Neto

Re: Kingdom Christians and Left-wing politics

Postby Neto » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:55 am

temporal1 wrote:… i'd read of Catholics helping with immigrants in the U.S. - these from Mexico. ….

This is the sort of activism / civil disobedience that I was also involved with while I was an activist-pacifist, assisting in hiding illegals from immigration officials. Back then, however, many had fled their own countries for political reasons – to escape oppressive regimes, or from (home-grown) terrorist groups (like Shining Light in Peru).

Regarding other’s comments that touched somewhat on cooperation with left-wing organizations, during our time living with the Amazonian tribe in Brazil, I sometimes found myself working toward the same goals as the Marxist “mission” CIMI in Brazil. We both advocated against illegal timber & fishing operations, for instance, or sales of liquor to the Indians. We also both supported demarcation of Indian territories.
1 x

Neto

Re: Kingdom Christians and Left-wing politics

Postby Neto » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:28 pm

I attempted to edit my comment above as follows, but the time was up for editing:

This is the sort of activism / civil disobedience that I was also involved with also supported while I was an activist-pacifist, assisting in hiding illegals from immigration officials.

(I didn't actually help carry out any thing like this - I did not have the resources necessary to do so, like a home to offer.)
1 x

Return to “Current Events and Politics”