Presidential elections, for whom are you?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Presidential elections, for whom are you?

Post by ohio jones »

gcdonner wrote:After the revelations of today, do you still maintain the same perspective?
Without knowing specifically what you're referring to, there seem to have been enough recent Revelations to cause Lamentations on both sides, but I doubt the final Numbers will change all that much. I don't think either of the two major candidates are qualified for the Job.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Gene
Affiliation: CMC

Post by Gene »

It may be useful in discussing the seeming decline of our political class to examine the Genesis of the two party system. It appears that every candidate Acts as though they will be different but once in power, to use one one of the more well known Proverbs, once in Rome, they do as the Romans. Maybe it is time for the church to Exodus the political process, even though we seem to have good cause to be concerned about the future Judges we might get. Even the Bible warns against Kings.Years from now one wonders what the Chronicles of this period will reveal that we don't see now. Mark my words; it will likely get worse before it gets better, before we find a Joshua to lead us into the promised land. The group we have doesn't seem capable of finding their own way out of the John.
0 x
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

ohio jones wrote:I predict the Republican party will carry exactly 5 states:
--Tennessee
--Rhode Island
--Utah
--Missouri
--Pennsylvania
:?:

Please elaborate.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

PeterG wrote:
Please elaborate.
I think he is voting for McGovern. :lol:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:
PeterG wrote:Please elaborate.
I think he is voting for McGovern. :lol:
in that election, i was a child told to vote, but, in those days, not told who to vote for, i voted for Shirley Chisolm. an enjoyable memory for a few, non-political reasons.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra ... ries,_1972

i still agree with Gene, voting age should be raised to 60.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

ohio jones wrote:
gcdonner wrote:After the revelations of today, do you still maintain the same perspective?
Without knowing specifically what you're referring to, there seem to have been enough recent Revelations to cause Lamentations on both sides, but I doubt the final Numbers will change all that much. I don't think either of the two major candidates are qualified for the Job.
The leaking of more emails from Hilary's now formerly top aid, and the revelation that the DNC leader fed questions to Clinton prior to one of the debates, and as a result has been separated from her commentators position on CNN.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

… it will likely get worse before it gets better, before we find a Joshua to lead us into the promised land.
I appreciate the confidence but I don't think I can lead us into the political promised land (unless "promised land" means nonparticipation in this world's political systems)
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

mike wrote:This is a particularly good election season to be a "kingdom Christian." Personally I can't wait till the whole thing is over.
Ditto.

Not voting, for no reason unmentioned on this thread.
Prediction: Hillary
Ramification: less than most are imagining. Continuation of corruption, greed, and out of control Congress. Not much new.

In case you can't tell, I'm blistering with excitement over this election ;)
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

PeterG wrote:
ohio jones wrote:I predict the Republican party will carry exactly 5 states:
--Tennessee
--Rhode Island
--Utah
--Missouri
--Pennsylvania
:?:

Please elaborate.
I realize Rhode Island is a bit of a stretch, but it's the only state with the right initial.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Gene wrote:It may be useful in discussing the seeming decline of our political class to examine the Genesis of the two party system. It appears that every candidate Acts as though they will be different but once in power, to use one one of the more well known Proverbs, once in Rome, they do as the Romans. Maybe it is time for the church to Exodus the political process, even though we seem to have good cause to be concerned about the future Judges we might get. Even the Bible warns against Kings.Years from now one wonders what the Chronicles of this period will reveal that we don't see now. Mark my words; it will likely get worse before it gets better, before we find a Joshua to lead us into the promised land. The group we have doesn't seem capable of finding their own way out of the John.
:clap:

Actually I don't know if I share the view that everything is going down the tubes. To listen to a lot of Christians, the world is going to hell in a handbasket (and of course the only solution is to vote for __). I think that certain things are actually improving in our society while other things certainly are degenerating.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3