Koran Verse Denying Jesus Is Son of God Sung in Scottish Episcopalian Cathedral

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Koran Verse Denying Jesus Is Son of God Sung in Scottish Episcopalian Cathedral

Post by MaxPC »

I wonder how that slipped through?
"A passage from the Koran that denies one of the central tenets of the Christian faith was sung aloud at a cathedral service in Scotland.
"The passage from Surah 19, which specifically denies that Jesus was the Son of God and says He should not be worshipped, was sung during a Eucharist service at St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral in Glasgow to mark the feast of the Epiphany." LINK
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Koran Verse Denying Jesus Is Son of God Sung in Scottish Episcopalian Cathedral

Post by Dan Z »

Oops. :oops:

It reminds me of when people where t-shirts in a language they don't speak - you have know idea what you are declaring.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Koran Verse Denying Jesus Is Son of God Sung in Scottish Episcopalian Cathedral

Post by Josh »

Dan Z wrote:Oops. :oops:

It reminds me of when people where t-shirts in a language they don't speak - you have know idea what you are declaring.
I highly doubt this was an accident.
0 x
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

Josh wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Oops. :oops:

I highly doubt this was an accident.
I hope it was...so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. :)
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

The Bruderhof elder once invited an Imam to read this very passage at one of our Advent brotherhood meetings. It made a lot of us very uncomfortable.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ugh, what a travesty, the Episcopal church has turned away from truth and has been split in America already, over the homosexuality issue-

This is indicative of the many denominations turning away from Truth- Scotland, Ireland are in the falling away process

Certainly this should have never been done in the church! If Jesus got upset over moneychangers, can you imagine how He felt about this?
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote:Ugh, what a travesty, the Episcopal church has turned away from truth and has been split in America already, over the homosexuality issue-

This is indicative of the many denominations turning away from Truth- Scotland, Ireland are in the falling away process

Certainly this should have never been done in the church! If Jesus got upset over moneychangers, can you imagine how He felt about this?
The Episcopal Church removed "belief in the Bible" from their statements and constitutions about ten years or so ago to accommodate acceptance of homosexual unions. They broke their covenant with God. We've had a number of converts from their ranks who were shocked by the leadership's apostasy and joined the Catholic Anglican Ordinariate.

This incident reminds me of

[bible]Matthew 24,15[/bible]
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

Wayne in Maine wrote:The Bruderhof elder once invited an Imam to read this very passage at one of our Advent brotherhood meetings. It made a lot of us very uncomfortable.
...I should think so! :shock:
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote:Ugh, what a travesty, the Episcopal church has turned away from truth and has been split in America already, over the homosexuality issue-

We turned away from the truth many centuries ago when we were just one denomination.

Anabaptists had to go and die en masse to correct that.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Wayne in Maine wrote:The Bruderhof elder once invited an Imam to read this very passage at one of our Advent brotherhood meetings. It made a lot of us very uncomfortable.
That just seems strange. Why would anyone invite any Imam to read any of the Koran in any meeting? :roll:
0 x