News Media

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

News Media

Post by ragpicker »

I got this marketing email yesterday. This quote stood out to me: May I suggest that this year you adopt the philosophy of Richard Miller, who said to me after "30 Day Reboot": "I now see my brain as a sacred space and am very strict about what I allow to enter it."
The other day I issued a rant about the News Media.

Today I talked to a guy who, several weeks ago, went on a news diet. He says to me, "I've had this surge of creativity and passion lately and I know it's because I stopped watching the news. I hadn't realized how much CPU time that stuff chews up in my brain."

THAT'S RIGHT. If you feed problems to your subconscious mind, it will try to solve them - even if it has no ability whatsoever to do so.

And that problem is 12,000 miles away and involves foreign diplomats, then your extra brain space will get chewed up by something you can do ZILCH about.

You need to train your brain to solve YOUR problems.

You have more than enough brain cells to do it - as long as they're not consumed with garbage.

May I suggest that this year you adopt the philosophy of Richard Miller, who said to me after "30 Day Reboot":

"I now see my brain as a sacred space and am very strict about what I allow to enter it."

You need to become VERY selective about...

Who you listen to
What you deem to be true
Which information sources are credible
What questions you ask
Which problems you even decide to KNOW about (let alone solve!)
More tomorrow.

Perry Marshall
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: News Media

Post by RZehr »

Amen :up:
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Amen and amen. :up: :clap:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ragpicker wrote:I got this marketing email yesterday. This quote stood out to me: May I suggest that this year you adopt the philosophy of Richard Miller, who said to me after "30 Day Reboot": "I now see my brain as a sacred space and am very strict about what I allow to enter it."
Whoever this Richard Miller guy is ;-> this is definitely wisdom.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

Bootstrap wrote:Whoever this Richard Miller guy is ;-> this is definitely wisdom.
Smile!

BTW, that quote was part of a grand prize winning entry into a contest. I was just notified I won a couple days ago. Good times!
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ragpicker wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:Whoever this Richard Miller guy is ;-> this is definitely wisdom.
Smile!

BTW, that quote was part of a grand prize winning entry into a contest. I was just notified I won a couple days ago. Good times!
So how have you been applying this in your life?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... p-apology/
Following last Saturday’s (Jan 19) Telegraph magazine cover story “The mystery of Melania”, we have been asked to make clear that the article contained a number of false statements which we accept should not have been published. Mrs Trump’s father was not a fearsome presence and did not control the family. Mrs Trump did not leave her Design and Architecture course at University relating to the completion of an exam, as alleged in the article, but rather because she wanted to pursue a successful career as a professional model. Mrs Trump was not struggling in her modelling career before she met Mr Trump, and she did not advance in her career due to the assistance of Mr Trump.

We accept that Mrs Trump was a successful professional model in her own right before she met her husband and obtained her own modelling work without his assistance. Mrs Trump met Mr Trump in 1998, not in 1996 as stated in the article. The article also wrongly claimed that Mrs Trump’s mother, father and sister relocated to New York in 2005 to live in buildings owned by Mr Trump. They did not. The claim that Mrs Trump cried on election night is also false.

We apologise unreservedly to The First Lady and her family for any embarrassment caused by our publication of these allegations. As a mark of our regret we have agreed to pay Mrs Trump substantial damages as well as her legal costs.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Someone just faced a defamation/libel lawsuit.
0 x