MAGA Hats

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: MAGA Hats

Post by Robert »

This is a much better clip and explanation.

[video][/video]
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:This is a much better clip and explanation.
[video][]
much better. :D
he makes several good points, and stands on credible first-person experience.

i would add, the most bothersome part of this (to me) is this phenomena is not simply spontaneous mass hysteria, it is orchestrated+led by DNC leaders. obsession is a mental disorder, it is unfitting as a party platform. but, we are witnessing it and experiencing it as the DNC platform.

another bothersome contributing factor is government rewards, money, granted to those who “win” biggest victim honors. people will reliably “say anything,” lie, create hoaxes, FOR MONEY.
actual victims are pushed aside, as bully-types grab the loot.

Jussie is one example. so amateurish, he got caught, and may pay a price.
others are not caught, and reap rewards.

i agree with everything Dr. Saad describes. i’d like to hear him respond to those 2 ^^ related problems.

btw, both rooted in government interference. gov often “makes everything worse.”
(i don’t believe this is even in debate.) not even in Congress! when they’re honest, they admit it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Here is a 2 hour interview between him and Glenn Beck. I watched it all. Lots of very interesting and great stuff. Make sure to settle in if you want to listen to it all.

[video][/video]

At 1:40 he talks about Collective Manchausen. Does a great job explaining things. This was the clip I was looking for earlier. So if you want to wat h the entire thing, feel free or if you just want the hear that one part, click this:

[video][/video]
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I think people on the right and the left are both victims of social media. Even on MN. People love to tear down people they don't even know when social media gets them churning. That's the real issue these boys faced. This is a serious issue. It's bad when mainstream media on the left or the right uses social media as the basis for their reporting. It creates a vicious cycle.

If they were blacks mocking a white man who was wearing a MAGA hat, I think this thread would read quite differently. I don't think mocking someone means they deserve the treatment they got, but any time a crowd of 70 boys is surrounding and mocking someone on the Washington Mall, I do think that will get some publicity. If they were wearing Amish clothing rather than MAGA hats, it would still have gotten a lot of attention. If they were wearing Hillary T-shirts, it would still have gotten a lot of attention. Social media is always poised to attack the enemy. It loves to make enemies or fools out of people who draw attention.

And of course, *we* are they real victims, *they* are just whining. We are the good people, they are the bad people. How dare anyone question this?

I don't think Christians should participate in that.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Bootstrap wrote:If they were blacks mocking a white man who was wearing a MAGA hat, I think this thread would read quite differently. I don't think mocking someone means they deserve the treatment they got, but any time a crowd of 70 boys is surrounding and mocking someone on the Washington Mall, I do think that will get some publicity. If they were wearing Amish clothing rather than MAGA hats, it would still have gotten a lot of attention. If they were wearing Hillary T-shirts, it would still have gotten a lot of attention.
I disagree. The MAGA hats is what triggered the distortion and misuse of the edited videos.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Robert wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:If they were blacks mocking a white man who was wearing a MAGA hat, I think this thread would read quite differently. I don't think mocking someone means they deserve the treatment they got, but any time a crowd of 70 boys is surrounding and mocking someone on the Washington Mall, I do think that will get some publicity. If they were wearing Amish clothing rather than MAGA hats, it would still have gotten a lot of attention. If they were wearing Hillary T-shirts, it would still have gotten a lot of attention.
I disagree. The MAGA hats is what triggered the distortion and misuse of the edited videos.
I too think it was the hats that sparked the spread.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote:
Robert wrote:
I too think it was the hats that sparked the spread.
Hard to prove either way.

I think there are plenty of victims of social media who were not wearing MAGA hats. I think crowds of young men who look like they are mocking someone can raise a lot of emotion with or without MAGA hats. You don't think the same men wearing Amish clothing would have been treated the same way?
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr:
“I too think it was the hats that sparked the spread.“
i don’t think this was an “in the moment” thing, however, it became THE THING once accusations against Nick Sandmann began to fall apart. there was a moment-by-moment turn of MEDIA attention and coverage, once it appeared Nick was no longer going to be “THAT EVIL WHITE BOY.”

so, yes, i agree, MEDIA chose to pick up on the hats, AFTER seeing their first target was not going to “pan out” for media circus.

because, media circus IS what it’s all about.

o.and, by the way.
i’m sorry to say, there are PLENTY of people out-there who are still self-righteously hating on Nick Sandmann.
it can be a cruel world.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Bootstrap wrote:You don't think the same men wearing Amish clothing would have been treated the same way?
Nope. The same as if they were wearing Antifa clothing, it would have been ignored too.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:You don't think the same men wearing Amish clothing would have been treated the same way?
Nope. The same as if they were wearing Antifa clothing, it would have been ignored too.
I'm trying to picture this. Say, 70 young black men wearing Antifa clothing, mocking a white guy on the Washington Mall, and it doesn't go viral? That's hard for me to imagine.

Or 70 young Amish men mocking an Indian guy on the Washington Mall. I doubt that would ever happen, but if it did, I bet it would go viral. Can't prove it, this is obviously speculation.

Social media is cruel. It likes sensationalism. It doesn't mind victims. It takes advantage of the fault lines in American society.
0 x