Donald Trump Time Capsule

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Donald Trump Time Capsule

Post by Robert »

Contrary to some, my predictions are not what I WANT to happen, but suspect will happen, as my previous one was.

Trump will get reelected by a wider margin and will claim the popular vote although it means nothing. He will claim it does as the Democrats claimed it did in 2016. Both will be wrong, but both used/ will use it.

I say there is a 70% chance the house flips and Trump will then work on deficit spending, muscling Congress to go along. If the house does not flip, there will be more investigations for the next 3 years. The house will be somewhat restricted because even if it does not flip completely, there will be a big enough swing that the extremes will loose some of their power. Pelosi will loose her position either way.

President Trump will continue to be abrasive, but policy wise, will be conservative and keep working to reduce government and spending.

The Evangelical base will stay with him as he continues to seat conservative judges in federal and Supreme Court since RBG will not make another 6 years on the bench.

President Trump will not get us into another war without a massive attack on US territory. He will continue to reduce US military presence around the globe.

Moderate populous will continue to accept him and his policies as they see they are actually benefiting from his policies. They will become better at ignoring his personality.

He will continue to be a jerk.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

This is really good Robert…Pragmatically hopeful overall. I like that. This all seems quite plausible, with the exception of President Trump working to lower the deficit. I don’t see him playing for the long term like that. He seems unlikely to make decisions that don’t pay off during his tenure (when he can take immediate credit). :)
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Dan Z wrote:This is really good Robert…Pragmatically hopeful overall. I like that. This all seems quite plausible, with the exception of President Trump working to lower the deficit. I don’t see him playing for the long term like that. He seems unlikely to make decisions that don’t pay off during his tenure (when he can take immediate credit). :)
The Budget he proposed to Congress this month already has some of those reductions of spending in it. It was something he has been very vocal for many years about. I suspect he will work to balance the budget within 5 - 10 years. If he gets reelected and then Pence or someone(DJT Jr) who follows his plan gets elected afterwards, that is a real doable time frame.

There is a groundswell of people very quiet but very open to the policies he is enacting. I suspect that many will hold their nose and pull the lever. Depending on who the Democratic candidate is, if he does well at explaining nothing is really free, the independent base may really swing towards him. Some may split their ticket to put some kind of check on him, but many are growing tired of the politics of obstruction through investigation.

Fox News ratings are going up while CNN and MSNBC ratings are going down. Less are buying the main stream media distortions.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote:
temporal1 wrote:2020: Now into the 4th year. :blah:
OK, let's do a reset. Last time, I had no predictions, I wasn't sure I knew how to read him. This time I think I probably do. So how about we follow RZehr's lead, make our predictions for 2020, and later we can each say what we think we got right and what we got wrong.

Once again, let's please not criticize other people's predictions here, and let's not use this for general commentary on Trump or his Democratic rivals, just make predictions here. But it's totally OK to say "here are some things I am watching to see how to interpret what is going on".
Well, so much for your thread guidelines. :)

For myself, i was looking forward to a “4 years later” discussion and review of 2016 predictions .. which is sort of happening. i like the idea of 2020 predictions, maybe for another thread?

i’m enjoying what is unfolding. Which seems a combination of “all of the above.”

As Robert has said, as threads carry along for several pages, bunny trails happen.
everyone has a different vision of every topic. which is usually a good thing, in my opinion; it’s what makes the open public format interesting. the unknown quantity. the unexpected voice. :D

My 1 (allowed) post in this thread for today. :blah:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN