Donald Trump Time Capsule

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Donald Trump Time Capsule

Post by Robert »

KingdomBuilder wrote: I'm just saying it's hard to know what politicians actually think and to know what they're just "agreeing" with in order to secure support.
As one who has held church office, not political office, some of us represent our constituents and support what they request because our job is to do just that.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Bootstrap wrote:I'm not at all sure what to expect from a Donald Trump administration. I see that some people think they have a clearer idea than I do.

This thread is for your predictions - what do you think Donald Trump will do, and how will it affect the United States? What are your hopes, your fears, or things you want to keep an eye on to see what he does? No debate, please, and please do not quote what anyone else says. Just make your own predictions. No more than one post per person per day.

If Robert has good backups, we will revisit this in four years.
My other post was short so I'll use my tomorrow's post :) to respond to the question above regarding my 'fears' -

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 NLT

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.

John 14:27 NLT
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Peregrino wrote:I expect there will be a popular backlash against conservative evangelicals in the political sphere. They will have signed their death warrant by "hitching their wagon" to the Trump elephant.

As it becomes more apparent what a vile, vulgar, and incredibly narcissistic person Donald Trump is on a personal level, the conservative Christians who hailed him as their messiah and held him up before the entire world as a person who represents their beliefs will sink with him.

In the future, conservative Christian politicians will have to downplay their Christianity to have much of a chance at credibility in the public eye. All of which, IMO, could be positives for "kingdom Christianity".
Agreed.

Whatever "high ground" politically involved conservative Christians who support Trump once had (I remember their moral outrage at the vile behavior of the philandering Democrat Bill Clinton) has been cashed in. No matter how they argue for their cause in the future, because of their alignment with Trump, they have given up their right to credibly critique their political opponents on things like "family values" and "personal integrity." I agree with Perigrino - perhaps as their man eventually flames out in disgrace, some Christians on the right will come to see that the idea of a morally superior political party is a sham (a lesson partisans on the Christian left have had ample opportunity to learn by now as well).
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Wouldn't it be wonderful if what happened to the apostle Paul happened to Donald Trump. Nothing is impossible with God if we believe. I earlier posted that Donald would always be the unpredictable Donald but that wasn't using much faith in God. Let's pray someone is able to sit with Donald and explain to him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a testimony that would be to see Donald transformed into a new creation in Christ Jesus. Old Donald passes away and a new Donald appears. If it happened to Paul, the chief of sinners, it can happen to Donald. Christ died for Donald as well. He needs our prayers.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Could this thread stay on topic, please?
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote:Could this thread stay on topic, please?
Not sure who this is speaking to but my last post was giving my hopes regarding Donald that was asked for in the OP. I'm hoping Donald becomes a born again Christian and the effect this will have on the world.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

it’s not yet 4 years later .. but, evenso, reviewing input is perty interesting. :blah:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
mike

Post by mike »

temporal1 wrote:it’s not yet 4 years later .. but, evenso, reviewing input is perty interesting. :blah:
Yes. :)
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Maybe it's time to revisit this, even though it hasn't been 4 years yet. What did you say in this thread at the time? How true did it turn out to be?

Request: Please don't evaluate what OTHER people said, evaluate what YOU said. This is still a no-debate thread.
Bootstrap wrote:I'm not at all sure what to expect from a Donald Trump administration. I see that some people think they have a clearer idea than I do.

This thread is for your predictions - what do you think Donald Trump will do, and how will it affect the United States? What are your hopes, your fears, or things you want to keep an eye on to see what he does? No debate, please, and please do not quote what anyone else says. Just make your own predictions. No more than one post per person per day.

If Robert has good backups, we will revisit this in four years.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike

Post by mike »

mike wrote:I don't expect a whole lot to change at all, except that the hysteria and fear will be coming from the left instead of the right for the next 4 or 8 years. I am amazed at how invested the "Christian left" are in politics and how shattered they were by this election. They seem to be the exact counterpart of the "Christian right" under Obama.

I think there is and will continue be a "Trump bump" in the economy but that we will soon be back to the typical cycles. Trump will probably be a big spender and will not likely help the national debt problem. I doubt we'll see a wall or big tariffs on imports or mass deportations. I think that as always the president will prioritize certain causes and industries while others will suffer. The Republicans will be over their honeymoon with Trump soon, and the Democrats will get over their defeat and get used to being the opposition party. It will be interesting to see them assume the obstructionist role. I think the Trump presidency may be good for the kingdom of God in some ways and bad in others.
I think I was mostly right, except about tariffs, maybe...
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3