Prayer Request for Murder Trial

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Prayer Request for Murder Trial

Post by Szdfan »

On Monday evening, I received a phone call from one of my congregants. On Tuesday, this story was all over the local news:

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Arrest ... 68916.html
PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - A woman is behind bars in connection to her ex-husband's death. 43-year-old Melissa Kirkpatrick was arrested Tuesday by the Walsenburg Police Department on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Timothy Kirkpatrick died on September 16, 2016 in La Junta at 2303 Carson Avenue. The same home he shared with his ex-wife. Authorities were called to the home and found Mr. Kirkpatrick unresponsive.

The investigation was conducted by multiple departments including the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the 16th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

Melissa Kirkpatrick is being held on $1 million bond.
Melissa's father attends my church.

I've been in frequent conversation with the family, who are devastated by this development. Tonight is my regular monthly Elders meeting and we are discussing how to support and walk with the family. Murder was not one of the topics we discussed in seminary.

Please pray for the family during this incredibly difficult time.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Prayer Request for Murder Trial

Post by mike »

:( :cry:
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I'll be praying. May God be with you all.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We'll include Melissa and her family in our evening prayers. The heartache they're experiencing must be heavy.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God