Church Youth Group in Haiti

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Church Youth Group in Haiti

Post by Once Again »

At least 28 people from a Bradenton church are stranded in Haiti after they were blocked while trying to get to the airport on Saturday, when they were due back home.

Woodland Community Church sent 28 people, most of them teenagers in the church's youth group, on a mission trip to Haiti on June 30 to work at a soccer camp for Haitian children. But when they tried to get to the airport for their flight home on Saturday, protests, most of them violent, blocked the streets.

On Friday afternoon, the Haitian government announced a sharp hike in fuel prices, triggering violent protests that have made roads dangerously impassable and forced flight cancellations.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/07 ... tinue.html
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Church Youth Group in Haiti

Post by Bootstrap »

Any updates on this? Are you connected to this group - do you know any of these people?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

It looks like at least four youth groups from different states found themselves caught in the unrest. The Bradenton, FL group has made it home. The Trussville, AL group should be arriving home just about now. Half the group from Raleigh, NC is expected to come home on Wednesday; the second half should be home on Thursday. The Goshen youth group from Indiana will try to fly back on Thursday. I don't know anyone from these churches, just saw the headlines.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I live 20 minutes from Raleigh, so this has been big on our local news.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?