Good things about the Trump presidency

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Good things about the Trump presidency

Post by temporal1 »

June 2022

Ernie / Roe v Wade
viewtopic.php?t=5042

June 2023

Ernie / U.S. Supreme Court in 2023
viewtopic.php?t=5873

Z_DC / Mennonite in Supreme Court Case?
viewtopic.php?t=5643

mike / SCOTUS rules .. graphic artist
viewtopic.php?t=5879

mike / SCOTUS rules .. student loans
viewtopic.php?t=5878
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Did you hear the high school football coach that got fired for praying on the field about eight years ago got his job back now? The Supreme Court ruled in his favor. Apparently they said the first amendment applies to everyone. Amen!!! Isn't it sad the young men were allowed to see all kinds of bad examples if they wanted to, like drag Queen shows and other garbage that's out there, but don't harm the young men by praying in front of them. How ridiculous can you get. The world would be so much better off if we had a million coaches like him.
2 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

WEF 2024

Someone was bound to say it. Who expected JAMIE DIMON? At WEF??
Mr Dimon lists “good things” DJT accomplished. Imagine that! :lol:

NewsNation / JPMorgan CEO warns Democrats about MAGA criticism | The Hill / 5min
✏️ Description:
“JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon slammed Democratic messaging about MAGA Republicans,
telling Democrats to “grow up” and “listen” to supporters of former President Trump. :lol:

"When people say MAGA, they’re actually looking at people voting for Trump and … they’re basically scapegoating them,”
Dimon said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“The Hill” panel discusses whether Dimon's comments hold water.”

Jamie Dimon, bio
https://www.jpmorganchase.com/about/our ... amie-dimon
2 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

For me, possibly this ONE MOMENT with Zelensky, may be “The Best” Good Thing. [USE DIPLOMACY, AVOID WAR]
(i wish) ^^Jamie Dimon had mentioned it in his words above in DAVOS 2024.
He wore a Ukraine lapel pin. Some believe this is in support of their war. It likely is.

i wonder what Mr Dimon thinks of this DJT-Zelensky 2019 moment in time:
temporal1 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:17 pm
RZehr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm I think they feared Trump because he was forceful, and unpredictable. They never knew when a surprise stealth attack would happen, like the killing of Soleimani. One day it was in the news, he was killed without any forewarning. With Biden, how many days was his administration warning he will attack, after the three service people were killed? Three days, four days? Plenty of time for them to prepare.
I agree that the killing if Soleimani was a surprise and a shocking move. So there is that.

On the other hand, listening to Republicans and Trump on Ukraine? Vs. Biden? Complete opposite.

Seems like Trump would have rolled right on over and let Russia take Ukraine. He might not have if he was in office.
He may be ramping up his rhetoric just because it is a tool to criticize the incumbent he wishes to replace.
Nonetheless, Ukraine is a big deal, and in the face of it, Biden seems to be more willing to wield the sword than Trump sounds like.
This is the clip i viewed IRT, i think in 2019:

RADIO FREE EUROPE / Trump To Zelenskiy: I Really Hope You Get Together With Putin, 'Solve Your Problem' / 1min
✏️ Description:
U.S. President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy have met on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York. In the September 25 meeting, Trump said European countries should "help Ukraine much more than they are doing."

Originally published at - https://www.rferl.org/a/trump-to-zele...

This was very brief, what was meant was/is pure speculation, i’m aware, some speculate awful intentions by DJT. (of course)

i speculate this was good+wise counsel, DJT to Z, i.e., use diplomacy, avoid war!

i further speculate, Zelensky’s “horrified” facial expression was because he’d already conspired with “The Left-West” about magnificent war. By the time Russia acted, The Left-West was ready to go, Zelensky snapped his fingers, off they went. 🔥
Choreographed. There was no surprise involved.

It was nothing like Pearl Harbor or 9-11-2001.
It was a couple of years before the U.S. responded to 9-11. (In addition to being all-wrong.)

It was a brief moment. i think DJT was right and his advice was gold. Zelensky was already in deep.
Unfortunately, the massive MIC was “locked+loaded,” it’s almost impossible to stop a party that’s “all dressed up and ready to go.”

[From where i sit.]
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Altho i was only vaguely aware of Pr Kate’s illness, surgery, i saw many speculative headlines.
i appreciated DJT speaking against the speculation.

Before her diagnosis of cancer was known:

“Trump Speaks Out On Kate Middleton Amid ‘Rough Period’ For Royals”
https://time.com/6958663/donald-trump-k ... interview/
0 x

UNKNOWN