Good things about the Trump presidency

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Good things about the Trump presidency

Post by Ken »

Trump and I have had our differences. But he seems to have completely screwed up the GA Senate Elections with his "election fraud" temper tantrum. And he seems to have destroyed Mitch McConnell and the GOP control over the Senate out of spite.

I gotta respect that.

Very impressive to have flipped the Senate
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote:Trump and I have had our differences. But he seems to have completely screwed up the GA Senate Elections with his "election fraud" temper tantrum. And he seems to have destroyed Mitch McConnell and the GOP control over the Senate out of spite.

I gotta respect that.

Very impressive to have flipped the Senate
The media had more to do with that as you can tell by those who choose to view the media version. He has a right to be upset with what happened in Georgia. The devil is in the details. One can have a righteous anger about it.

It was a very close race-the winner is extremely far left and well- God is allowing this nation to go the direction it will.
It's common knowledge there was fraud in Georgia (as elsewhere) but whatever- it's over. God is Sovereign, He has His plan in place- America should not be exempt from the suffering other nations have had to go through, as we legalize sin, we have in the past and so we shall again. Can't blame a president for trying to make a difference. I wonder why he does- at 74 he cares enough to try to help the senate, and he was advised by his lawyer during the call- a former Democrat who became Republican-
This is not our eternal home but we do live here now, we do have future generations affected by it all.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:Page 11:
Robert wrote:
barnhart wrote:I didn't listen to the speech, partly because I feared he might comment on "good people on both sides" or some other painful thing to hear. But I'm glad he didn't. So that counts as a "good thing".
:arrow: It is interesting that people form strong opinions and then do not listen to those people to see if their opinions are justified. This seems pretty close minded.

I do think there is plenty to be bothered about with some of his statements, but it is best not to hear third party if you can hear things directly from the source.

Your third party may have an agenda and you may be falling for it.
Strongly agree.
i got my first lessons on this as a child before i ever listened or read any news.
i heard my parents “complaining to the TV” about it. :shock:
(In olden times, TV-Radio could air what they wanted without being bothered with complaints!) :lol:

They would growl, example, “Let the president speak! We don’t want your opinions! We will decide what we think of what he says!” :P
i thought it was funny how they would speak to the TV like that. :mrgreen:
i did not understand then, but fully agree now. “Too many cooks spoil the broth.” :)

A Good Thing: :D
i like how President Trump has sometimes approved disaster relief funds BEFORE disaster hit.

i believe he has done this before. i’m interested in how it’s going to play out.

it seems a “180” from Hurricane Katrina, still a painful terrible memory.
i hope it’s successful. i’m almost speechless over the idea.

Big hurricanes on the East Coast and in the Gulf, can affect weather/rainfall even in Illinois! :shock:

We endured house floods in 2 different years, i pray never again.
i do not have the physical strength required for clean up and recovery, at any price.
one year, FEMA helped. i do not recall the second time. i’m grateful my memory has faded on those experiences.

:arrow: “President Trump approves North Carolina federal disaster declaration request
ahead of Hurricane Dorian”

https://wtkr.com/2019/09/03/president-t ... ne-dorian/
Reminded today about some of President Trump’s preemptive nonpartisan decisions.
Response to natural disasters was one.

Public schools.
Altho DJT has wanted public schools in session, i’ve been grateful for them to be closed.
i’ve read, lots of parents are rethinking education, and interest in home schools has increased.

Good things can result from awful situations.
Praying for good things.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“Trump was supposed to be a political Godzilla in exile. Instead, he’s adrift.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ncy-475733

i have no insights. but i’m hopeful. :D

i do NOT want President Trump or the RNC, or anyone, to continue the 2016-2021+continuing DNC/career politicians’ path of obsessive destruction and railroading of a sitting president, now a retired president.

it was AWFUL. it should not have been rewarded with success -
it should NOT be rewarded with “more of the same.”

i will be delighted to find some other, and better, way. “that way” was disgusting and, i pray, unsustainable.

media profited. bigly.
thus, they do not want the game to end. they’re giving it their best shot.

as GaryK responded to (i don’t want it to be a fight?) - STOP FIGHTING.

i have no desire for a repeat or continuation of that period. i pray MANY reject it.
1 x

UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

The Trump Health Care Policies That Deserve to Stick Around
Biden may want to continue the previous administration’s efforts to lower drug prices and make medical costs transparent.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Not that i wish him, or anyone ill fortunes,
but, i don’t believe it was the intent for U.S. PUBLIC SERVANTS to be self-serving in public office. :)

i recall many accusations that President Trump was in it for his personal gain.
His predecessor entered not wealthy but well-heeled, exited a multimillionaire (not bad for 8 years). crickets.

“Trump falls nearly 300 spots on Forbes billionaires list”
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... of-wealthy

i just noticed 2 websites that might be of interest:

From 2016?
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

New in 2021
https://www.45office.com/about

i’m behind the times. :-|
i’m not sure i would have known there were 300+ spots on the list of billionaires to fall. :shock:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Are you saying that a good thing about the Trump presidency is that he lost money? Or are you just going off-topic? And in any event, I'm not sure what the Obama have to do with this thread. Are you suggesting that any of their modest wealth (compared to Trump) was ill-gotten? The Obama's current net worth is only about 2.9% of Trump's. And we know exactly how they earned it. Mostly through book sales and speaking engagements post-presidency. The Obamas completely disclosed their finances and taxes throughout their presidency, Trump hasn't and still hasn't.

In any event, Trump actually made money during the pandemic. Just not as much as other billionaires who made even more money during the pandemic. Was that a good thing? If you click through to the link that you provided we find:
Forbes noted, however, that Trump is richer now than he was a year ago, when the outlet released their valuations at the beginning of the pandemic. His ranking slipped, Forbes wrote, because he could not keep pace with the other billionaires on the list who saw their fortunes rise.
Much of Trump's wealth is actually tied to his name. Which he leases out to many properties and buildings around the world that he actually doesn't own. If he managed to ruin his good name around the world during his presidency, and people around the world no longer place as much value as owning a condo in a Trump-branded tower, or membership in a Trump-branded golf course, then I would say that is no one's fault but his own.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

.. like the sun rising in the east .. ^^^ :yawn:
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

1 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i may knever spell “knever” the old way again. :lol:
silent “k”s. hmm. under-used. why be stingy with them?

DJT should have passed an EO. He was probably planning to get to it in his second term.
where is Knight when you need him?? :mrgreen:
0 x

UNKNOWN