Good things about the Trump presidency

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Good things about the Trump presidency

Post by RZehr »

I expect they still benefited. I expect Pfizer’s typical FDA approval time frames are considerably longer. Consider what the media said in May. No one expected anything this soon. Impossible that to Pfizer the glory belongs totally.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

RZehr wrote:I expect they still benefited. I expect Pfizer’s typical FDA approval time frames are considerably longer. Consider what the media said in May. No one expected anything this soon. Impossible that to Pfizer the glory belongs totally.
And consider the fact that President Trump said it would happen. Biden said it wouldn't happen they had that debate on national tv. It's kind of like all the Democrats that they have on video saying in 2016 that President Trump would not become our president. Obama even laughed about the possibility of President Trump winning the 2016 election the videos clearly show that all the Dems got it wrong, just like Biden did saying there wouldn't be a vaccine this soon. Im not a big vaccine supporter, not sure about this, but i am sure, President Trump was right when he said it was coming & it was scoffed at
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

"The Trump administration on Monday moved to loosen Obama-era restrictions on religious organizations that receive federal money to provide social services."

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wir ... s-74725979

I wonder how long this will be in affect after Biden takes office.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Grace wrote:"The Trump administration on Monday moved to loosen Obama-era restrictions on religious organizations that receive federal money to provide social services."

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wir ... s-74725979

I wonder how long this will be in affect after Biden takes office.
The headline sounds good. The article explains:
Chief among the changes is the elimination of a rule requiring faith-based groups to tell clients about their religious affiliation and to refer clients to a different program upon request.
If a group is of a religion you strongly disagree with, wouldn't you want to know this and alternatives?
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Democrats want our tax money sent to foreign countries hidden in a COVID-19 relief bill. They want to claim we need this relief bill because Americans are suffering but then we send how many billions of overseas for non-covid items. No matter what you think of this President, he has some valid points in his speech. Except for the last sentence, he should have left that out.

[video][/video]
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Grace wrote:Democrats want our tax money sent to foreign countries hidden in a COVID-19 relief bill. They want to claim we need this relief bill because Americans are suffering but then we send how many billions of overseas for non-covid items. No matter what you think of this President, he has some valid points in his speech. Except for the last sentence, he should have left that out.
He does have some valid points. I expect some of the things he criticized are appropriate stimulus measures, with him being correct that some are special-interest pork--but the request to make the individual payments $2000, rather than $600, seems appropriate. I came to this thread to post my approval of that.

I agree with you about the last sentence.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote:I expect they still benefited. I expect Pfizer’s typical FDA approval time frames are considerably longer. Consider what the media said in May. No one expected anything this soon. Impossible that to Pfizer the glory belongs totally.
And equally impossible that the glory belongs totally to Trump. I highly doubt that Trump invented Operation Warp Speed, he approved a plan that other people developed. I suspect a lot of the credit goes to improved logistics and information infrastructure and international cooperation. I suspect that another president in the same position would have done the same thing.

Operation Warp Speed was a very good thing. It happened under Trump's watch, he gets credit. But so do a lot of other entities, including Pfizer.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
puttincomputers
Affiliation: Red-Letter Anabap

Post by puttincomputers »

I love the fact that pied-piper Trump is destroying the wicked Republican party from within. Which, oddly enough, is what the Hillary campaign decided to facilitate, before Trump ever announced he was running. See Wikileaked Podesta email 1120.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

puttincomputers wrote:I love the fact that pied-piper Trump is destroying the wicked Republican party from within. Which, oddly enough, is what the Hillary campaign decided to facilitate, before Trump ever announced he was running. See Wikileaked Podesta email 1120.
Hillary had a completely different reason, intent, agenda- MOTIVE
If Democrats agree with Repubicans, they are not Democrats, and visa versa

Trump on the other hand was not a politician but he had left the Democrat party, & joined Republican.
It is very difficult to run and 'win' the election or President as an independent.

Both parties have problems. The Covid Stimulus package exposes that completely.

I agree with President Trump.

Oh- and I can save them some money since part of that package included Hot Tub Study-
I'm here to tell you do help in a myriad of ways-there's been massive studies already- how silly to include that.

I agree with President Trump and how he sees things is one reason I voted for him again.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Subject line:
”Good things about the Trump Presidency”

Page 1: OP
RZehr wrote:I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
I also hear people allude that there are things they like.
What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? Especially things that you think may be unique to this administration vs other Republicans.
I am currently overseas and was asked by a taxi driver this question.
This thread reflects:
Certain threads/topics are so “beyond the reach” of some political hounds they would be best off to ignore the thread entirely. There are threads i ignore for this reason.

Old saying:
“If you have nothing nice to say” .. .. be quiet. :blah:

(In a thread requesting “good things,” this old saying resonates.) ^^

RZehr’s experiment is just too much for some.
Every thread must reflect hate.

The world has its official designated boogeyman.
Many have fallen for it, lock, stock, and barrel: BOO! :shock:

Last edited by temporal1 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN