Viral News Chart Discussion

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Viral News Chart Discussion

Post by Ernie »

Sometime ago I think it was Dan Z that posted this chart.

What do you think? Is the chart itself skewed?

https://www.truthrevolt.org/news/viral- ... ased-media

Any other charts that you think are better?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Viral News Chart Discussion

Post by Hats Off »

Must be some better ones around - my filter thinks this one is indecent.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

My current favorite is https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ - not a chart, but it lists news sources on a spectrum. I like it because (1) it has a methodology that involves getting ratings from people across the political spectrum, and there is good agreement among them, and (2) the results seem about right to me.

So pick a news source and see where it lands below. I tend to like the left-center, least biased, and right-center sources best, when you go to the extreme left and right it starts to dissolve into propaganda.
On their scale, for instance, the Washington Post and New York Times are both Left-Center Bias. On the chart in the OP, they are closer to the center. I think Left-Center is more accurate.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I think the chart fairly accurate. We can quibble about specifics. The truthrevolt article believes that NYT, CBS, etc are to the left, while I consider major corporations are mostly to the right.
0 x