Trump voters (and supporters) - what do you want a president to do?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Trump voters (and supporters) - what do you want a president to do?

Post by Bootstrap »

A few questions for those who currently think Donald Trump is doing well as president.

Some rules: I'd like to make this a non-debate thread, and a thread where we don't speak negatively about each other or various groups of Americans.

Given that, what are the things you want Donald Trump to do for "people like you" (whatever you mean by that phrase)? Please don't answer by telling me who you want him to beat up, what changes do you want to see him make in the way the government works? I agree that he speaks in simple language, but what is it that you like about what he is saying or doing? Not the negative things he says about various people and groups, what else do you like?

For instance, do you want him to be doing things that will help people with less formal education get jobs or get ahead in other ways? If so, what kinds of things?

Is religious freedom one of the most important things? It is to me, and I think he has done some good things on this front.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Trump voters (and supporters) - what do you want a president to do?

Post by RZehr »

As we are to honor the king, I am a Trump supporter.
I would support Donald Trumps decision to wholeheartedly and unreservedly follow the commands of Christ. Just as everyone is invited.
As an outworking of this, I would like to see him resign from the Presidency out of conviction that it is incompatible with the Christian walk.
But I don’t consider this as something he would be doing for “people like me”.
0 x
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

what are the things you want Donald Trump to do for "people like you"

Yes, that's a strange way of wording the question. I would think that most would think in terms of what Trump should be doing for the country.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

haithabu wrote:
what are the things you want Donald Trump to do for "people like you"
Yes, that's a strange way of wording the question. I would think that most would think in terms of what Trump should be doing for the country.
"Ask not what your president can do for you, ask what your president can do for your country."
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited