Election Investigations

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Election Investigations

Post by Robert »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:13 am If they actually had been helping the rioters gain access to the building, why did the crowds have to break in? Why all the video of police trying to protect the building? Why all the people who have been convicted of crimes in connection with that?
Because the building is big and a lot of time elapsed. What happened on on side did not reflect what was happening on the other side. Some Police did wave people through and did take some on tours. Some blocked one entry and fought with protestors.

A good question is why did Capitol Police react differently when they had radios to talk, while the protestors did not know what was happening other places.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Boot, respectfully, can you please stop using GPT as a source? If I wanted to chat with an AI bot, I'd go to bing.com.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Here is a web cam of downtown Portland: https://www.thesquarepdx.org/see-the-square-live/

I've been watching it for an hour and haven't seen a single crime.

Does that mean Portland is a crime-free city?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

I’ll take bogus analogies for $900, Alex
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Josh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 pm Boot, respectfully, can you please stop using GPT as a source? If I wanted to chat with an AI bot, I'd go to bing.com.
Maybe we could just have ChatGPT reply to the ChatGPT.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:27 am I’ll take bogus analogies for $900, Alex
No, it is the same exact thing as Speaker Johnson taking 44,000 hours of videotape of the Capitol and showing 90 hours of it and asserting that it meant anything at all.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ken wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:41 am
Josh wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:27 am I’ll take bogus analogies for $900, Alex
No, it is the same exact thing as Speaker Johnson taking 44,000 hours of videotape of the Capitol and showing 90 hours of it and asserting that it meant anything at all.
Is it the same as the J6 Committee that showed a highly edited 2 minute clip to suggest that the entire event was like that?

I will take the 90 hours over the 2 minutes and wait with expectation for the rest to be released. If the rest is not released, then I will agree with you.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:05 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:13 am If they actually had been helping the rioters gain access to the building, why did the crowds have to break in? Why all the video of police trying to protect the building? Why all the people who have been convicted of crimes in connection with that?
Because the building is big and a lot of time elapsed. What happened on on side did not reflect what was happening on the other side. Some Police did wave people through and did take some on tours. Some blocked one entry and fought with protestors.

A good question is why did Capitol Police react differently when they had radios to talk, while the protestors did not know what was happening other places.
So when exactly was this particular video taken? What time of day, and how does it fit into the overall timeline? And where? Was this police trying to defuse the situation with people who had already broken in, as the Capitol Police have said, or was this the police letting "tourists" into the building to take pictures, as some people seem to be claiming? Who were the officers in the clip? What did they say about what they were doing?

Without that, we can all make up stories. Other people can too. And tweet them out next to this video. And they have a lot to gain by doing that, whether or not their story is true.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 pm Boot, respectfully, can you please stop using GPT as a source? If I wanted to chat with an AI bot, I'd go to bing.com.
Feel free. And if it provides better information, please post it. That would help get past a fact-free discussion. I've asked a bunch of questions I'd like to see answers to.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:40 am
Feel free. And if it provides better information, please post it. That would help get past a fact-free discussion. I've asked a bunch of questions I'd like to see answers to.
Are you asking them in good faith? I don’t recall you asking any of these questions of the material released by the original 1/6 commission.
0 x