Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Who do you think is going to win?

1. Trump
52%
2. Biden
48%

Total votes: 25

Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Post by Robert »

Who will win the 2024 Presidency? Not the US citizen. We will continue to loose.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 pm Who will win the 2024 Presidency? Not the US citizen. We will continue to loose.
I personally don't think who the president has very much effect on the lives of average Americans. Day in, day out, there are a long list of other things that affect our lives more than who is sitting in the Oval Office.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

For the record, the poll now shows a 12-12 tie.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Robert wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 pm Who will win the 2024 Presidency? Not the US citizen. We will continue to loose.
I'm also not enthused about the political system but neither am I despondent, nor do I feel I am being cheated or stolen from nor mistreated. A majority of the world's population would trade with me and take the deal on offer regardless of the next president or the next. I am quite blessed and grateful.

Maybe I have the freedom to feel this way because I hold earthly citizenship rather lightly.
3 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

barnhart wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am
I'm also not enthused about the political system but neither am I despondent, nor do I feel I am being cheated or stolen from nor mistreated. A majority of the world's population would trade with me and take the deal on offer regardless of the next president or the next. I am quite blessed and grateful.

Maybe I have the freedom to feel this way because I hold earthly citizenship rather lightly.
Well said, exactly how I feel.

With regard to the two options, I choose to look at the positives of each one, instead of the negative.

For example, if I like the stability and predictability that Biden brings, then I choose to trust God on the matters I don’t like, such as furthering woke perversion, bureaucratic regulation choices, and his dementia.
With Trump, I may appreciate the policies that he promotes, judges, and being a peace monger, while trusting God on such matters as dictatorship, and rampant executive incompetence, and petty corruption.

I find it easier to honor and respect the President when I focus on the parts I appreciate, while leaving the other aspects up to God.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am .. the stability and predictability that Biden brings ..
sorry. what? :?
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace

Post by Grace »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am .. the stability and predictability that Biden brings ..
sorry. what? :?
Predictability...that is true. With Biden policies, we can predict higher prices from inflation. We can predict more wars, because cruel dictators see his weakness. We can predict more illegal immigrants crossing the border, some murderous criminals, because of Biden's open borders. And we can predict more lies almost on a daily basis. We can predict a two tier justice system. But none of that brings stability.

In the end though, we can trust in God in every thing.
2 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Grace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am With Biden policies, we can predict higher prices from inflation.
Yes, I am really feeling that. I am drawing Social Security and working full time. My income is capped until I reach 66. This means I can not make more and inflation is really cutting deep into our income. In two months, I will be forced to pay for Medicare, which will take another $170 a month, after paying for Medicare for over 40 years in my pay deductions.

Yes, we are better off than most the world, but some of the world is catching up and passing me. It greatly limits how much I can help others since it is taking more than 100% to maintain right now. Summer is coming with massive electric bills too.

Most the US, 70% say it is on the wrong track, is feeling the Bidenomics also. Then they pass $100 billion more for wars and just print the money to cover it which is drive even more inflation.

It is easy to be at peace when you are not struggling to pay bills and taxes.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

One alarmng economic indicator:

“Graphics show how Americans' total credit card debt reached record high”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics ... 505645007/
.. The U.S. economy is doing well overall, New York Fed researchers said, but areas exist in which Americans are overextended. :roll:

Higher prices for food, gas and housing contribute to credit card debt. :shock:

The increases in card debt show higher financial stress "especially among younger and lower-income households,” said Wilbert van der Klaauw, a Fed economic research adviser, the Associated Press reported. ..
Credit cards were never meant to be used for basic necessities. That was a NO-NO.

When the COL is more than 100%, “overextended” follows.

Many look at reports on homelessness and wonder, “Am i next?” i do.

As hard as things are with economics -
(for me) it pales in comparison to moral decay primarily aimed at the unborn, children, teens, AND outrageous military spending, AND knowng many are foregoing marriage+families while borders are over run with evidently unlimited numbers of great people with big expectations of what the U.S. will do for them.

It’s the 21st Century version of The Gold Rush. Lots of disappointments.
Much of the “found gold” is forwarded to cartels and families in countries of origin. Billions.

2016-2020:
lots of positive surprises. most surprised how quickly things could be improved. i was.

2020-present:
“predictable” career politician “politics as usual” / the more they spend, the worse life gets. no surprises.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am
Grace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am With Biden policies, we can predict higher prices from inflation.
Yes, I am really feeling that. I am drawing Social Security and working full time. My income is capped until I reach 66. This means I can not make more and inflation is really cutting deep into our income. In two months, I will be forced to pay for Medicare, which will take another $170 a month, after paying for Medicare for over 40 years in my pay deductions.

Yes, we are better off than most the world, but some of the world is catching up and passing me. It greatly limits how much I can help others since it is taking more than 100% to maintain right now. Summer is coming with massive electric bills too.

Most the US, 70% say it is on the wrong track, is feeling the Bidenomics also. Then they pass $100 billion more for wars and just print the money to cover it which is drive even more inflation.

It is easy to be at peace when you are not struggling to pay bills and taxes.
I am sorry you are struggling, Robert. Not only are they passing bills to fund wars, don’t forget the money taken from you and every other taxpayer by Biden, to pay off 1.2 billion in student loan debt.
1 x