Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Who do you think is going to win?

1. Trump
52%
2. Biden
48%

Total votes: 25

mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Poll: Who will win 2024 Presidency?

Post by mike »

Another reason I think that Trump amazingly has a shot at winning is just how badly Biden repeatedly shows his age. It is embarrassing that the most prominent nation on earth has a president that reads out loud what are supposed to be cues from the teleprompter with a blank stare that makes it appear he doesn't have all his faculties.

What on earth will he be like in another four years?

That of course is not to say that Trump is not also a national embarrassment. What a mess.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

mike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 pmWhat on earth will he be like in another four years?

That of course is not to say that Trump is not also a national embarrassment. What a mess.
No matter who wins this fall, Biden or Trump, they will almost certainly be a lame duck president from day one. Not much ever gets done in any president's second term and this will be the second term of whoever wins. I expect within a week of inauguration (or even before) we will start getting media coverage about the 2028 race and politicians from both parties will start lining up to be first out of the gate with the momentum and money for 2028.

That means the next four years will mostly be a caretaker government run by either Biden's executive branch appointments (and we already know who they are) or Trump's executive branch appointments (who we do not yet know). Most everything else will just be for show. Congress will mostly be in charge of budgets and big policy questions and we are likely to see a gridlocked Congress again no matter who wins. Which basically means rolling the existing budgets forward mostly unchanged.

And since not much of permanent consequence is likely to happen over the next 4 years, that sets up the losing party for victory in 2028 for a likely 8-year run. If Biden wins then the GOP will have the inside track in 2028 for potentially an 8-year run. And if Trump wins the Dems will have the inside track to win in 2028 for a potentially 8-year run. so 2028 is really going to be the consequential election for the future of the country.

At least that is how I see it.

I think those who are placing a lot of weight on either Trump or Biden are going to be disappointed. Not much ever happens in 2nd terms for a lot of understandable reasons.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
mike

Post by mike »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:11 pmThat means the next four years will mostly be a caretaker government run by either Biden's executive branch appointments (and we already know who they are) or Trump's executive branch appointments (who we do not yet know). Most everything else will just be for show. Congress will mostly be in charge of budgets and big policy questions and we are likely to see a gridlocked Congress again no matter who wins.
Sure, but usually even a lame duck president is somewhat alive and doesn't need literal caretakers due to their geriatric condition. Looking at Biden I feel like this is truly unprecedented.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

mike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 pm Another reason I think that Trump amazingly has a shot at winning is just how badly Biden repeatedly shows his age. It is embarrassing that the most prominent nation on earth has a president that reads out loud what are supposed to be cues from the teleprompter with a blank stare that makes it appear he doesn't have all his faculties.

It seems every time he opens his mouth, he either lies or has gaffs. A few days ago, he said his uncle was ate by cannibals.

But the other day he spoke the truth, He asked the question, “How many times must he prove WE can’t be trusted”.
Later in the video he said He always wanted a Bible just to see what the H--- is in it.

0 x
mike

Post by mike »

Grace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm
mike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 pm Another reason I think that Trump amazingly has a shot at winning is just how badly Biden repeatedly shows his age. It is embarrassing that the most prominent nation on earth has a president that reads out loud what are supposed to be cues from the teleprompter with a blank stare that makes it appear he doesn't have all his faculties.

It seems every time he opens his mouth, he either lies or has gaffs. A few days ago, he said his uncle was ate by cannibals.
He has always been prone to gaffs or saying things like his son died in Iraq which is also not true. Trump is probably on par with Biden on making stupid and false statements. I'm not talking about those sorts of things as much as the President's sheer mental debilitation due to age. That is something that is undeniable at this point and is beyond just the garden-variety gaffes and untruths you expect from any politician.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pmIt seems every time he opens his mouth, he either lies or has gaffs. A few days ago, he said his uncle was ate by cannibals.
This seemed bizarre so I looked it up. What Biden actually said about his uncle was this:

“He got shot down in an area where there were a lot of cannibals in New Guinea at the time. They never recovered his body,” he said of his uncle.

What the historical record says is that Biden's uncle (Ambrose Finnegan) was a pilot flying an A-20 Havoc headed to New Guinea on a courier flight and that his plane was forced down along the coast of New Guinea. One man was rescued and the other three are unaccounted for.

So what Biden said is actually true. Although talking about cannibals was probably not the most politically correct thing to do. Even if there were cannibalistic tribes in New Guinea at that time. It sounds more likely that he drowned at sea.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

The Pennsylvania primary seems to be a good sign for Biden.

In the Democratic primary, Biden got 88.2% or 928,081 votes.

In the Republican primary, Trump got 82.8% or 790,326 votes.

My take on this is that the Republicans are less interested in supporting Trump than the Democrats are in supporting Biden. I expect others have other explanations.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm The Pennsylvania primary seems to be a good sign for Biden.

In the Democratic primary, Biden got 88.2% or 928,081 votes.

In the Republican primary, Trump got 82.8% or 790,326 votes.

My take on this is that the Republicans are less interested in supporting Trump than the Democrats are in supporting Biden. I expect others have other explanations.
Or you can just directly poll the voters and ask them how they will vote. The last two polls had Trump 1 or 2 points ahead of Biden.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

barnhart wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 pm I don't see that President Trump will spend a single day in prison.
Confinement to the White House instead of the big house, maybe. August in DC might be punishment enough, from what I'm told. Keeping him away from both the golf course and McDonald's would balance out health-wise.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited