Dr Ben Carson - Post 2016 Election

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Dr Ben Carson - Post 2016 Election

Post by KingdomBuilder »

temporal1 wrote:it seems voters are catching onto media manipulation.
What makes you think that?
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
A lot of them voted for the candidate the media told them was Hitler and Putin rolled into one.
1 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Josh wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:
A lot of them voted for the candidate the media told them was Hitler and Putin rolled into one.
"the media" seems a bit broad. Some painted Clinton in a similar light. I wouldn't necessarily equate the votes with a mass-awakening.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

ohio jones wrote: Speaking of that email, it is distributed by an entity called Ben Carson News but copyrighted by Newsmax. Is Ben Carson News affiliated in any with with Dr. Ben Carson the real person, as the name seems to imply, or is it simply a Newsmax subsidiary? The suite at the address listed is currently available for lease, for what it's worth.
The text of the email is a copy-paste of this Newsmax article.
The "Ben Carson News" emails seem to come from reaganreports.com, which is a domain associated with Newsmax Media, Inc. If I get around to it maybe I can use temporal1's soapbox to give my opinion of Newsmax Media. I'll just say probably needs to go on temp's media thread rather than on signtist's media thread.

Edit: That doesn't mean the Ben Carson updates aren't worth anything. Thanks for sharing them, temporal1.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote:
ohio jones wrote: Speaking of that email, it is distributed by an entity called Ben Carson News but copyrighted by Newsmax. Is Ben Carson News affiliated in any with with Dr. Ben Carson the real person, as the name seems to imply, or is it simply a Newsmax subsidiary? The suite at the address listed is currently available for lease, for what it's worth.
The text of the email is a copy-paste of this Newsmax article.
The "Ben Carson News" emails seem to come from reaganreports.com, which is a domain associated with Newsmax Media, Inc. If I get around to it maybe I can use temporal1's soapbox to give my opinion of Newsmax Media. I'll just say probably needs to go on temp's media thread rather than on signtist's media thread.

Edit: That doesn't mean the Ben Carson updates aren't worth anything. Thanks for sharing them, temporal1.
i'd like to add one point about email mailing lists:
just because you are added to one, does NOT mean you requested to be added!
some include disclaimers such as: "you are receiving this communication because you OR ANOTHER requested you be added," :blah:
sometimes, i immediately "unsubscribe," some, i read for awhile before deciding.

i am not endorsing Newsmax.
sharing a communication (to me) is not a personal endorsement of the source, or statement of personal worship.

i really appreciate Signtist' thread on Credible News Sources.
i have not listed one single name in his thread, or in my Soap Box thread.
i'm interested in others' choices in both.
a few members have kindly listed specific names in those threads. helpful.

one more thing.
during election campaigns (i believe) various campaign offices are set up for temporary campaign use, but are not meant to be permanent addresses, post elections. i have observed in my lifetime.
also not an endorsement or dismissal of anyone or any source.

for better or worse, i did not contribute one cent to any campaign, nor do i suggest anyone else do so. some emails include requests for donations.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
Josh wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:What makes you think that?
"the media" seems a bit broad. Some painted Clinton in a similar light. I wouldn't necessarily equate the votes with a mass-awakening.
(for me) when the huge mainstream media industry, inclusive of both claimed news reporting AND entertainment, "cross over" to the biased dark side of biased propaganda, when these entities are owned by a very few ultra-wealthy controlling interests, these are not fairly compared with other sources, perhaps a David and Goliath comparison? actually, these comparisons are frequent, but comical.

no contest, the extremes on each side are more alike than different!
but, their size and funding limits are not comparable. therein lies the David and Goliath analogy.

it's a result of internet access; appearances are deceiving, and, much to the consternation of the ultra-wealthy few controlling, their monopoly-like control is seriously threatened. NPR is part of this, presumably, their reference to dark forces referred specifically to Trump supporters (?)

radio folks hated the advent of television.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Most of the media was far more biased against Trump than Clinton this election. This coincided with public trust in the media being at an all time low.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:
Most of the media was far more biased against Trump than Clinton this election.
This coincided with public trust in the media being at an all time low.
i believe this to be a more succinct way of saying what i was trying to say, just above.

i also believe the 2014 Mid Term elections were "notice served" this was underway.
2016 made it undeniable. (do you see this (pattern?)

of course, mainstream media wanted to ignore 2014, definitely, they wanted to defeat it!
thus, the 2016 campaign was a "news/not-news" blood-bath.

the ultra-rich guys are fighting for their very existence .. which, for them, is far more important than candidates, citizens, facts, et al. they are fighting for their livelihoods.
Matthew 6:20 / Treasures in Heaven
19Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.…
since the election, the little "news" i see, which, gratefully, has become very little (thank you, FB) i see "desperate," more than any other one thing.

sad. no need to be desperate, when investments are made in heaven. :D

"in a perfect world" ..
i would LOVE to have "a bunch of honourable jobs" to offer these desperate ones, whose lives are threatened (so they fear.) many of us know what it is to be put out of work, to not have work.

these folks ignored (all of us) - and, many more. i have no desire to ignore them.
2 wrongs never did make 1 right.

that's where i'd like to focus.
these people need worthwhile occupations; and, they need God's Truth.

not just in "news" reporting.
ex.: i'd LOVE to see Cecil Richards retrained and transferred to respectable employment.
not necessarily paid $1 million/annually for her talents. but, however that would fairly work out for her.

many prior to these, who lost work, also had to downscale overall. longer hours, less pay, etc.

my fantasies.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Martin
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Martin »

Carson gave a talk at Shippensburg University several years ago. He quoted from the Bible many times during his speech. Carson also spoke about Joseph in Potiphar's house and the importance of moral integrity. Today, Carson supports a 'Potiphar's wife'.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Another email -
i receive a few emails i have not subscribed to, this is one.
it's a form letter.
i have not contributed to any campaign or special interest (as might be suggested in this form letter.)
i did not know Dr Carson was chairman of the American Legacy Center's Fight for the Court, neither have i followed their work or purpose.

i am not "engaged," or, "completely engaged" (their words below.) :P

The letter contains a link to Trump's official announcement, i have not read it, i intend to.

career politicians have "fixed" nothing, it will be interesting to see if others may do better.
Dear ...,
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

Today, I wanted to follow up with you on my last email when I told you I would not be serving in President-elect Trump's Cabinet.

As you may have seen in the news, things have changed.

Today, President-elect Donald Trump officially nominated me to serve as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, or HUD.

As a citizen with a duty to serve my country, and as someone who cares deeply about strengthening America's inner cities, I said yes -- and you can read the official announcement from the Trump Transition Team here.

The unfortunate part of this news is that I have to resign from my role as Chairman of American Legacy Center's Fight for the Court project. I am very proud of the work we did together over the last year and I feel we made a profound difference.

According to exit polling from ABC News, 21 percent of voters said appointments to the Supreme Court were "the most important factor" in their decision. I believe that Fight for the Court, and your incredible support and participation, played a large role.

When President-elect Trump is sworn into office next year and he nominates a replacement for Justice Scalia, this issue will once again be front and center, and it will be just as important that you make your voice heard.

Ultimately, to implement lasting, conservative reforms in Washington, D.C., we will need organizations like American Legacy Center, and citizens like you, completely engaged.

From their radical Islam-focused Leading from the Front project with Benghazi hero Kris "Tanto" Paronto to other projects being announced soon, I know American Legacy Center will continue to lead powerful issue campaigns focused on what really matters, and I hope you will continue to participate.

On a personal note, I must tell you that I've been completely overwhelmed over the last few weeks with feedback via email, social media and even letters in the mail. I appreciate everyone who took the time to share their thoughts.

I've tried to be fully transparent in my thinking as it relates to my future -- and I hope you respect my decision.

I have been blessed to count you as a supporter, and as I begin this next chapter, I will work every single day not only to make America great again, but to make you proud.

Thank you, and God bless you.

Sincerely,

Ben Carson
Former Chairman, Fight for the Court

Paid for by American Legacy Center.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. American Legacy Center.
i believe Dr Carson has a heart for this work, for work he does.
when a person chooses service over self, it leaves an impression.
i'm praying for these new leaders, they have their hands full.
0 x

UNKNOWN