The Church of my Dreams

General Christian Theology
Peregrino
Affiliation:

The Church of my Dreams

Post by Peregrino »

Neto wrote:About 7 years ago, when we were involved in an outreach (branch) congregation, we were asked to write up some of our goals for the new congregation. I called my document "My Dream Church"
This quote reminded me of a very similar paper I had written a number of years ago in response to a questionnaire at our church. I suspect quite a few of us have documents like this lying around. Here is a thread where you can share them. (Neto, this is not aimed at you in any way. You can share or not share your paper as you like. But you did inspire me to post this.)

Request: I would like this thread to be a place where it is safe to be vulnerable. Post your thoughts even if it is more idealistic than realistic. And keep the debates out of this thread.

If you don't have a paper in the back corner of your Documents folder, here are some questions to get your writing primed. These are the questions I answered, but feel free to make your own paper reflecting your dream church. By "church" I am thinking along the lines of "the local body I am (or would like to be) involved with", not the broader, universal Church.
  • 1. What is the purpose of the church?
    2. How do you envision the brotherhood (sisterhood)?
    3. Where do you see yourself fitting into the church?
    4. What do you want to see the church doing?
1 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: The Church of my Dreams

Post by Neto »

Here it is, unedited, from 07-29-2011
Dream list for a new congregation

(I use the word ‘dream’ to be clear that I realize that some compromise is necessary for all of us, and I am of course willing to compromise as well, although less in some areas than in others.)

A Mission Oriented Congregation – Interest in reaching the lost - both here and in foreign cultures - is essential for a living congregation. A clear understanding of heaven & hell, of the eternal destiny of the lost, is a central doctrine for making missions make sense.

A Musical Congregation - (I do not use the term ‘music’ to distinguish use of instruments vs voice alone) I believe that two things commonly in practice today lead to a loss of musical ability in a congregation: use of words only projected on the wall or screen, and singly mostly simple choruses in unison only.
As to style of music, I personally prefer hymns, either old or modern, and the older choruses over ‘worship songs’, but the most important thing is that the words are theologically sound, and not overly repetitive. Instruments, if or when used, should not drown out the voice. In respect to music to which one might listen in other settings, I would like to see the distinction drawn between Christian and secular music based on the lyrics, not on the music style.

A Congregation where Community, or ‘body life’, is Evident – I don’t know how to implement this, because I believe it should happen without becoming institutionalized, but I feel that it is imperative that the members of a congregation have close associations with others in the congregation outside of the regularly scheduled meetings. Ideally the members ought to have some common interests or activities which result in ‘chance’, or unplanned, encounters. This gives opportunity for a sense of community to develop and grow without being mandated, or institutionalized by church programs like “small groups”.

A Congregation whose Members are Accountable to One Another – As important as it is to be accountable to one another, I do not believe that it should be necessary to talk about it a lot. This is something that will happen naturally if there is closeness between members of the congregation, and genuine spiritual concern, not only for one another, but concern for one’s own character as well.
Accountability should be seen as between equals, not having different standards for those in leadership in comparison to the ‘general membership’. Accountability is impossible unless there are clear congregational guidelines for conduct.

A Congregation Committed to Avoiding Super-Sizing itself – I would like to see agreement from the beginning that at some certain size (I would suggest around 175 members) plans are made to divide the group. (Maybe this should come naturally, too….)

A Congregation Actively Engaged in Church government – Having grown up in a congregation (and denomination) that was decidedly congregational in church governance, and now after some years in congregations which practice a more ‘top down’ sort of governance, I have concluded that while the congregational model does have some dangers (I saw a tract by George Brunk once which called it heretical), the other has some real dangers as well. The argument goes that if the congregation has a say in the direction of guidelines for conduct, for instance, then it is just a majority rule, and it will soon ‘go down the tubes’. This exposes a mistrust of the laity on the part of the ministers. More responsible choices need to be exercised on the part of the congregation, and more trust needs to be exercised on the part of the ministers. I believe that one of the benefits of the congregational governance model is that the burden of seeing guidelines for conduct carried out faithfully is not born by the minister(s) alone, but by all responsible members of the congregation. It is sometimes easier to sway one person than it is to sway an entire congregation.

A Congregation that Values Understanding the Scriptures - Openness to use of translations other than the KJV in public reading, etc. will encourage more people to read the scriptures in their own language. I realize that it is convenient to use a single translation for congregational readings, but words are already put on the screen for all sorts of other things, so this no longer seems to be a valid argument. The KJV was a modern translation 400 years ago, and the people of that time were able to hear the Scriptures in familiar language. Why should not the people of this era have the same privilege? I believe that insistence on the continued use of an archaic translation actually prevents people from understanding what is being read.

A Congregation that is Kingdom Oriented – While I do ascribe to a belief in non-resistance, I believe that this belief must be based upon a clear understanding of the two kingdoms that are at work in the world, the Kingdom of God, and the kingdom of the world. Non-resistance only makes sense when understood from the consciousness of the fact that no one can belong to both kingdoms. Spiritually there are no dual citizens.

A Congregation that is committed to a Life-style that is consistent with a non-manipulative understanding of the Scripture (ie, not twisting Scripture to fit one’s culture) – It would be my wish that clothing styles be modest and in keeping with clear standards based on Scripture. Extremes in men’s hair styles would be avoided. The Scriptural veiling would be used by the women, and children would be brought up to honor and respect this practice. Clarification to the effect that the veiling is a head-covering, not a hair-covering might aid in practice consistent with scripture. (I’ve heard that some girls are cutting their hair so as to reduce the size of the bun, and thus the size of the covering. This seems to have developed from the false assumption that it is the hair which should be covered.)

A Congregation that will avoid the Entrapment of Organized Sports – It seems to me that when sports are engaged in as fellowship activities it does not detract from spiritual pursuits, but when a congregation participates in a league, where teams are organized for competition with other congregations with play-offs, etc, the mood changes away from fellowship, and demands of time began to push out more important pursuits.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Hmm. This sent me on a trip down memory's lane. I have stashes of documents, including an unfinished one entitled "I have a Dream" which I never finished. Some of these essays show fairly clearly what part of my journey I was in at that point. Some I wouldn't want to put online.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I am on board, Neto. It would take me too long to come up with something similar but I think your dream encompasses most of what I go for. I have never wanted the opportunity to create my dream church - I see nothing but trouble when anyone sets out to create the ideal. However, i would be happy to buy into yours - at least until we begin to fill in the details of what that all will look like!
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It turns out the church of my dreams is the one God so ordained to place me in. It is not what I wanted but definitely is what I need.
1 x
Neto

Post by Neto »

Hats Off wrote:I am on board, Neto. It would take me too long to come up with something similar but I think your dream encompasses most of what I go for. I have never wanted the opportunity to create my dream church - I see nothing but trouble when anyone sets out to create the ideal. However, i would be happy to buy into yours - at least until we begin to fill in the details of what that all will look like!
We were a part of an outreach group, and were asked to write up something of our vision for the new congregation. So it was a wish list, I didn't expect to "get it all", so to speak. And there are some things I took for granted then, that would be on my list now, like Adult Sunday School classes. (I have learned a lot from others in the classes, even when I was the teacher, and had spent hours & hours preparing for the short time allowed for the class time.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

Thanks, Neto. That's a good list. I think you were a little more grounded in reality than I was when I wrote out my list. Here's mine. For some reason, I feel the need to point out that it was written at a different point in my journey than where I am today. :lol:
The Church I Dream Of

What is the purpose of the Church?
The church simply is. It is the assembly of those whose hearts have been opened to Jesus and are walking in His Way. It is the bride of Christ composed of people all over the world who love Him and look forward to His return in power and Kingship. The purpose of those who have been called out is to be the hands and feet of Jesus in this world. Wherever these called-out ones go His Kingdom comes and prepares the way for the return of the King in physical reality. When church becomes an institution and an end in itself, the Spirit of Jesus can no longer live there.

How do you envision the Brotherhood (Sisterhood)?
It is a place of healing and liberation. Healing from the spiritual diseases and wounds of the unholy diabolical trinity of power- political, economic and religious structures. Liberation from the mental, physical, and emotional chains that we choose all too willingly in a vain attempt to deny our woundedness. It is a place where people are free to finally reject the lie that they are unloved and accept the truth that they are unconditionally and forever passionately loved by the King of the universe. It is where we are free to walk as dearly beloved Sons and Daughters of the King and to share His love with each other and allow it to flow out to cover the entire earth.

Where would you see yourself fitting into the Church?
I see myself as a bridge-builder, building connections between those who are in my local assembly and those who are outside. It is my hope and goal that religious barriers that have been erected can be torn down and we can together relate to others as part of His Kingdom instead of an inward-focused religious institution.

What do you want to see the Church doing?
I would like to see the hierarchical, institutional model of church structure that we have accepted without question be destroyed and an awareness gained of its evil, destructive power. I envision us beginning to understand what a true brotherhood of equality looks like along with gaining a determination to follow the King in all things to become a part of the Kingdom that is breaking in upon us in these last days, regardless of the effect it has on our religious institutions. I would like for us to regularly and meaningfully observe the Lord’s Supper in its fullness and to open it to all who have a heart after Christ as a true reflection of His Kingdom. I would like for us to be pro-active in identifying where Christ is working in this world and align ourselves with all who are working for His peace and justice in this world, even if they are from different backgrounds and have different practices than ourselves. I would like for us to focus our efforts outward and send resources and people to places where God is working and to take His Light into places where it has become very dim. I believe we do not have much more time left in this country and I envision us planting little communities of peace, joy, and light throughout the world with the aim of preparing our people to fit into other cultures when the need comes upon us.
0 x
Neto

Post by Neto »

Peregrino,

Something in what you wrote brought to mind something I heard some time ago - That if you want to get to know God, you should go where he is, among the hurting, needy people of the world, the harvest field.
1 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Here is one I pieced together a bit ago... :roll: A lot is derived from post here on MN. :)
Vision Statement

We desire to serve God as part of a Christian fellowship of believer's that all see our need of a Saviour, and Jesus Christ being the fulfilment of that need. Therefore repenting from sin and turning to God, and loving our heavenly Father, radically commiting to follow Jesus' teaching and example in all areas of life, being faithfully prepared and committed to the possibility of suffering for the cause of Christ. Striving together cultivating a called out community where people inside and those with open hearts outside are continually encouraged into a closer walk with our Lord and a clearer view of His kingdom. Living out a vision that is consistent in Him extending beyond culture, time, and distance, therefore able to grow, support, and propagate sharing a common Way being united one with another, humbly as Children of God.

Seeing that the Kingdom of God that Jesus proclaimed is not just a future endeavor - but also includes a present life-transforming reality that believers are a part of. Through this new life local believers will be seperated unto God and joined in local fellowship together living in a real and practical community of love, accountability, and bearing one another's burdens.

Christ's kingdom does not advance through coercion, fear, carnal power, or political means but through the power of love and spiritual birth. Coming forth from that is a genuine love for the brotherhood shown in our relationship with each other, learning to set other's interest and wellbeing ahead of one's self. Therefore committing to financial simplicity that includes non-accumulation of wealth and generosity toward those in need with a special heart of compassion like Christ for the poor, the stranger, the widowed, the orphaned, the infirmed, the oppressed, like His example - resulting in practical acts of love and generosity in the body of Christ that also overflows into the community around us. Where nonresistance is truly practiced both as it relates to the kingdoms of this world or those that would harm us, especially so in our daily lives with each other, and that "sharing each other's burdens" truly be done out of a voluntary sense of love and care.

We desire no omission from scripture in practice but to partake in each of the Christian observances in a way that truly teaches, and reminds us of the spiritual principals involved and that the observance in no way becomes an end in itself. That we would emphasize having united spirits with Christ that would also show itself in sharing similar simple, modest, and humble lives, homes, clothes, plus other practical ways. A commitment to living consistent and holy lives that is often contrary to the norm, so that, as salt & light, people may see our good deeds and praise our Father in Heaven.

We all desire to commit ourselves to the example of Christ as servants in a fellowship that all members, men and women, old and young, married and single, while perhaps having different roles are all considered equal in their value to the body. Where those called to leadership would have servant hearts and truly act as servants that do not seek or wield power, and understand that true leadership is achieved through an attitude of humble and accountable service. Where the congregation seeks to show honour and works willingly to lighten the responsibilty given to those in leadership.

We are disciples of Christ and in a state of continued learning therefore we recognize that we will come short of such ideals at times but through His grace that we would confess our faults one to another, submit to Him, be longsuffering, continue to encourage one another to press toward the mark , while having a loving firmness with regards to unrepentant sin. Every circumstance that could arise cannot be forseen and will have to be worked out together as we seek His will and spirit-lead direction of the brotherhood while accepting the authority of scripture being God's Word.

Toward a Simple Biblical Congregation

Our Common Practice–How We Live

The Christian church not only believes sound doctrine, but also upholds sound practice. What we believe cannot be divorced from how we live. We do not really believe in our Lord Jesus unless we follow and obey Him.

Under the new covenant, God writes His laws in our hearts. With God's laws written in our hearts, we learn a healthy fear of Him and we want to obey Him. Indeed, we develop personal conviction to obey Him. Even so, our obedience to God is not just a personal matter. God has designed that we serve Him from the context of a brotherhood. The example, exhortation and admonition of others help us apply God's ways to our lives.

We believe that when a person is called out of God to cast his lot with a particular group of believers, he or she will also desire to embrace the practices of that group out of love for God and his people. Should members demonstrate an independent spirit or constantly find themselves on the edge of what is considered acceptable practice we see this as a different problem as compared with members who demonstrate a workable, teachable spirit, yet find themselves at odds with a particular aspect of our group practice.

We realize that it is common for those who profess the name of Christ to defend practices that are a spiritual detriment. This happens in both tolerant and legalistic church settings. To avoid this, a local assembly must constantly be yielding itself to Christ the head of the church, and be willing to change practices that are not pleasing to Him.

Because Christianity is so fragmented today, we believe it is helpful to identify specific practices that many Christian groups consider unnecessary for the Church of Jesus Christ. If a church adopts standards or practices that are not specifically commanded in the New Testament, it must be diligent in teaching the scriptural principles behind these standards as well as the limitations of such standards. We have tried to identify practices that were considered normal for various pilgrim churches through the centuries. While we consider the practices below important, we do not consider them to be the weightiest matters of the Gospel. Rather we believe these are applications of Biblical instructions that God wants us as his followers to practice today. We view these practices as pertinent issues in light of the times in which we are living. These are not written with the goal of undermining practices specifically commanded in the Bible but rather to encourage in practically following Him.

Jesus said that His laws can be summed up in two great commandments, or principles: loving God with all our hearts, and loving our neighbor as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-39). The following points of "common practice" all grow out of these two commandments. We live as we do because we love God and our neighbor. If we do any of these things for any other reason - apart from love in its deepest form – our practice becomes empty and meaningless. We intend to make the following statements a description of how we live.

1. Because we love Jehovah God, we worship Him and strive to maintain a living relationship with Him through the Lord Jesus. This relationship is built on the abhorrence of any division from Him which comes through all sin and continuing a daily pursuit of holiness through the crucifixion of our selfish desires by the power of the Spirit. It is nurtured by a meaningful devotional life: Scripture reading, praise, meditation, prayer and fasting.

2. Because we love one another and His kingdom, we purpose to share in close fellowship with each other. Following apostolic example and admonition, all of us participate as much as are able in our regular and special fellowship meetings. We work together in both spiritual and natural endeavors, for mutual help and encouragement. We also work to strengthen a fraternal relationship with all true brothers beyond our local fellowship.

3. Because we love our neighbor, we make it our business to go "everywhere preaching the word." All of us seek an active ministry to the lost and needy around us. We take personal responsibility to fulfill the great commission of our Lord.

4. Because we love God who planned the family unit, we take our marriage vows and family life seriously. We believe that marriage is a covenant intended for life and do not consider divorce and remarriage to be God’s will or design. We promote family unity and togetherness in worship, in service, in work, in daily routines. As fathers, we lead the family in worship and prayer, and teach sound doctrine and God's principles for holy living.

5. Because we love God, we accept our calling to love one another, to serve one another, to honor others before ourselves, to share with those in need, to do all things for edification. Knowing that some of the greatest tests of Christianity are found in our brotherhood relationships, we avoid gossip and make no place for sowing discord and evil speaking. Where conflicts occur, we commit ourselves to examine our own lives and to prayer. If the conflict continues after we have given God opportunity to work in our own hearts, we will go directly to the person involved in the spirit of meekness.

6. Because we love God's purity and His light, we renounce all the works of darkness and separate ourselves from all demonic practices. We avoid all forms of divination, of mystical meditation, and situations where mysterious powers seem to work apart from natural principles.

7. Because we love God and have made Jesus Lord of our lives, we reject anything that brings us under its power by enslaving the body or mind. This includes all habit-forming drugs. This principle also helps us avoid being dominated by even legitimate pleasures or business pursuits.

8. Because we love God and the brethren, we consciously dedicate all earthly possessions to the Lord. What we have is not our own, but a stewardship of the Lord. We freely share with those in need, especially with our brothers. We view the love of money and the accumulation of treasures on earth as dangerous to our souls. At the same time, God calls us to work with our hands that we may provide for our own (not just our immediate families, but our parents and others) and have to give to those in need. This implies careful management, with a view to living with less that we might share more generously (Acts 4:34-35; 1 Jn. 3:16-19).

9. Because we love God and His Kingdom, we choose vehicles, houses and other possessions for practicality, economy and service. We recognize that our vehicles and our homes reflect our values in life and reveal our sense of stewardship. We want them to show that our treasures are in heaven and our hearts are fixed on humility. We avoid luxury or sporty vehicles, or eye-catching colors. We choose simple homes, with simple furnishings chosen for utility. Because we purpose to invest as much time and money as possible in God's Kingdom, we seek to minimize our spending on what we consume and to avoid what serves no truly useful function.

10. Because we love God and know that He loves us, we purpose to learn to trust Him in every area of life. In the religious sphere, relying on man's institutions and traditions can undermine our focus on Christ and on following Him in simple faith. Similarly, in the economic sphere, an affluent life style and dependence on insurances or the social assistance programs of the government can undermine our faith in Christ. We choose a life style that encourages us to trust God and not man. Because we love our brothers, we commit ourselves to help meet each other's needs, so that no one suffers lack.

11. Because we love God and His ways, we strive to maintain an atmosphere of reverence and worship in our homes. We encourage influences that promote holiness and sobriety, and we purpose to shelter our families from the corruptions and perversions of society. We do not want the world's media–radio, television and such like–to shape our thinking. The media's entertainments, as well as the commercial announcements, are often designed to breed immorality and covetousness. Even the religious programs are often deceptive and entertainment-oriented. Their overall influence in our lives will not help us follow our Savior.

12. Because we love God and His Word, we guard our reading habits. Knowing that what we read molds our thinking, we promote, first of all, the reading of the Scriptures, as well as other wholesome, up building literature. We carefully guard against anything that is a detriment to our spiritual growth and our walk with God. Most of what the world produces has no place at all in our homes. And even much of today's "Christian" literature undercuts sound doctrine, godly morals and values, and sound church and family life.

13. Because we love God and want to keep our hearts in tune with Him, we choose our music carefully. Music communicates with our inner being and has a strong influence in shaping our thoughts and attitudes. It can pull us away from God, or toward God. In this light and in harmony with apostolic practice, we promote a capella singing when the church is gathered for worship, praise, and mutual encouragement. We want the whole church to participate in the singing for many generations to come, if the Lord tarries. Recorded music, if carefully chosen and discreetly used, can promote godly singing and edification. So these goals are not jeopardized, we promote music that rings with a clear Scriptural message welded to a prominent melody, a supportive harmony, and a subdued rhythm.

14. Because we love God and His righteousness, we choose modest, simple, serviceable dress, as the Scriptures teach. Because we love our neighbor and seek to not defraud any person, we reject anything designed to foster lustful looks or thoughts. In view of these principles, we reject the display and ornamentation of the world's fashions and fads. We seek to glorify God in our bodies as well as in our spirits, for both belong to God. We choose dress that reflects humility and godly virtues. Specifically, we avoid formfitting clothing, loud colors, sheer clothing, and eye-catching styles. We brothers choose loose-fitting trousers and modest shirts. Our sisters wear simple, unadorned dresses with long skirts, modest sleeves, a double-layered bodice, and concealing necklines. We expect both brothers and sisters to choose fabrics and patterns that deliberately conceal body forms and promote modesty.

15. Because we love God who made us as men and women, we uphold gender distinction in dress and grooming. In harmony with the Scriptures, we brothers keep our hair trimmed and avoid the world's styles and fashions. The sisters have long hair, simply combed and faithfully veiled with an opaque(non-transparent) covering. The veiling not only serves as a testimony to the sisters' submission, it also promotes modesty by covering what the Scriptures call a woman's glory: her hair. And, "because of the angels."

16. Because we love the God who loves humility, we avoid attention drawing display and ostentation, whether in our possessions or on our bodies. To avoid pride and to literally obey the Scriptures, we do not wear jewelry of any kind including rings, watches and eye glasses that do not reflect humility and simplicity. Since cosmetics are often designed to foster pride, personal display, and to incite lust, we avoid them or use them in a way that is basically unnoticeable.

17. Because we love God and serving, we avoid the pursuits of a pleasure driven society. As followers of our Lord Jesus, we want to live as He did: serving God and others, not pleasing ourselves - for this is true joy. We reject the world's entertainment: amusement parks, professional sports events, movie theaters, and such like. The world’s entertainment diminishes a hunger and thirst for righteousness. We find godly recreation in family-oriented activities and in Christian service and fellowship.

18. Because we love God and accept the demands of full allegiance to His Kingdom, we do not vote, serve in the military, serve on trial juries, or take any part in political matters. Rather, as called on in scripture we are to pray for earthly governments, live quiet and peacable lives, following the example of Jesus, knowing that we are not of this world. We are not called to be judges or rulers over others, but lights in a world of darkness.

19. Because we love God and belong to Jesus Christ, we do not enter into unequal yokes with unbelievers, that is, into any contract or union that compromises our freedom to act in harmony with Christian principles.

20. Because we love God and His people, we commit ourselves to work in harmony for the edification of this brotherhood. If a time should come that we persist in failure to do so, we recognize that we forfeit the benefits of the full fraternal relationship of the brotherhood. If we leave this congregation to find fellowship elsewhere with committed believers, we will leave peacefully and continue to work to build God's Kingdom, in truth and righteousness.

We have not tried to address every area of faith and practice in this writing. Others will need to be addressed as we face the questions that come up in congregational life. In every question, we will prefer others above ourselves and submit ourselves to one another in humility (Ro. 12:10; 1 P. 5:5). We will respect the congregation we are a part of, submitting to those who watch for our souls that they may give account with joy (He. 13:17). We will promote "the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph. 4:3). We will work for the "edifying of the church," not for self glory (1 Co.¬14:12, 26). We will resist being conformed to this world; by the transformation of our minds we will seek to know the will of God (Ro. 12:2).
Scriptures like these show us plainly that "none of us liveth to himself" (Romans 14:7). We live as members of Christ and thus members one of another (Romans 12:5). May our Lord Jesus Christ be exalted over every area of our lives.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

A church I dream of is where unbelievers hear the gospel preached and see it lived and obeyed, and who are convicted, repent, and become believers who obey the gospel too.

My old church pretty much fits this bill. Yet more young people from the world joining the already swelling ranks of seekers and new converts there, and yes, this is a conservative Anabaptist Church. It’s hard to believe my eyes sometimes.

I must find contentment in my own church where God seems to want me, and also support and be faithful for all the seekers in our ranks. Seems every issue of the Messenger of Truth has a name or two of someone baptised or reaccepted with a last name I don’t recognise - and often a first name that is not Mennonite either. That’s pretty much the church of my dreams.

And my dream is to see healthy schools teaching the children of needy families where they will hear the gospel message consistently and be around teachers and staff who care. That’s another church of my dreams that doesn’t just exist in Pennsylvania but also in big cities in Manitoba and Maryland.

I dream of believers who share a community of goods with each other and also like to bless each other and reach out. And two nights from now some of those very giving people of my dreams will be blessing me a bit with fellowship and family atmosphere and material needs met, when I am far away from home and need it badly. The original poster of this thread might know a thing or two about that...

And I dream of a place with retired ministers who have some spare time for people like me when I have a rare break in my otherwise overstressed, overstuffed work schedule. Sometimes, like tonight, dreams come true.
0 x