The Nashville Statement

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

The Nashville Statement

Post by MaxPC »

The most recent declaration by the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood regarding sexuality.
The Nashville Statement
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Paul
Affiliation:

Re: The Nashville Statement

Post by Paul »

Just read it, I think it's a thoroughly Biblical declaration. Great reference point to answer hard questions people might have about dealing with the LBGT community in love, while keeping faithful to Gods Word.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Paul wrote:Just read it, I think it's a thoroughly Biblical declaration. Great reference point to answer hard questions people might have about dealing with the LBGT community in love, while keeping faithful to Gods Word.
Amen. I saw our Pastor signed it-

I was listening to Christian radio about this yesterday- and TWO former homosexuals that had given their life to Christ and spend their years speaking and helping others, writing, etc- were guests on the program to speak into this- I really liked what they had to say- one a former gay man, whom we have met, read his book gone to his family's seminar (they were ALL converted to Christ through this, in his family) and former lesbian- she is quite the woman of God-

If you care to listen to that hour of radio segment- here's the link

https://www.moodyradio.org/programs/chr ... nashville/
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

It's interesting how this one issue is separating the Biblically faithful churches from those who have devolved into a variation of a social club.

BTW: those who were formerly practicing homosexuals now want to eliminate the word "gay" from discussion of the topic. They say it misleads people as that life isn't a happy one.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:It's interesting how this one issue is separating the Biblically faithful churches from those who have devolved into a variation of a social club.
One of the things I like about the statement is that it discusses faithful discipleship in all of our sexuality, not just focusing on "them", and stresses God's grace. I think it's important for us to be loudly ready to walk with all who desire to live faithful lives, even if they face temptations that you or I do not. And the statement has that tone.

The reason gay marriage is such a big deal is that you pretty much cannot accept it and still hold on to biblical teaching about marriage and sexuality in any domain. If the Bible got this wrong, why should we trust it on other matters? And in practice, I don't see churches that manage to surgically change just this one aspect of their teaching on sexuality.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?