On Human Dignity

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

On Human Dignity

Post by MaxPC »

I know some are interested in the doctrines of other fellowships (as am I). A declaration was made by the Vatican today. This Vatican document on human dignity condemns gender transition, surrogacy, abortion, human trafficking, euthanasia, violence against individuals, war, marginalization of people with disabilities, digital violence, etc.
Dignitas Infinita
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Re: On Human Dignity

Post by JayP »

Nobody can r talk out of both sides of his mouth like Francis.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

JayP wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:17 pm Nobody can r talk out of both sides of his mouth like Francis.
I've never accepted the doctrines papal supremacy or papal succession because I think spiritual authority flows from service and faithfulness, not position and power. For this reason I evaluate them like any other spiritual leader. What confuses me is Catholics who hold doctrines like papal succession and authority and evaluate popes like I do, by the metric of faithfulness and service. To my limited understanding it appears like they don't really believe in the authority of the Papal office any more than I do.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:32 am I know some are interested in the doctrines of other fellowships (as am I). A declaration was made by the Vatican today. This Vatican document on human dignity condemns gender transition, surrogacy, abortion, human trafficking, euthanasia, violence against individuals, war, marginalization of people with disabilities, digital violence, etc.
Dignitas Infinita
If we as followers of Jesus could just live by this, we would be much better off. We have lost the value of life in our culture.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:23 am
MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:32 am I know some are interested in the doctrines of other fellowships (as am I). A declaration was made by the Vatican today. This Vatican document on human dignity condemns gender transition, surrogacy, abortion, human trafficking, euthanasia, violence against individuals, war, marginalization of people with disabilities, digital violence, etc.
Dignitas Infinita
If we as followers of Jesus could just live by this, we would be much better off. We have lost the value of life in our culture.
Agreed and amen!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God