Calling people evil or demonic

General Christian Theology
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Calling people evil or demonic

Post by Sudsy »

Grace wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:24 am
A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.
Do others here see this differently ?
So if a person (current president) is producing and promoting evil things, such as murder of the unborn and mutilating children, is it not from an evil heart? When people promote evil, does it or doesn't it come from their hearts? And is it wrong for Christians to point that evil out?
In my previous post I was trying to say that I thought Jesus was pointing out that how I speak about others doing evil can make me guilty of doing evil myself as the way Jesus looks at murder, for instance, I can murder someone in my thoughts and accompanying words. I don't see where pointing out what is evil to be a problem but when I associate that evil with the sinner who does that evil, then I believe I am stepping into a new realm of passing judgment on a person and Jesus warns me not to do that.

I can be correct according to scripture that, for instance, killing the unborn is murder but can I talk about it in a condemning way on those who actually do it or promote it and not be guilty of murder myself by thinking and calling that person a murderer ? I think Jesus is saying, no, I should not and I gave some scripture text about how Jesus says how this makes me guilty of murder.

I welcome other ways of understanding this. Provide scripture where possible.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am
Grace wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 am Five pages, wow !
Astounding that a thread targeting me has garnered that many pages, even after I apologized for saying what I did, about the current president.
5+ pages, and counting. funny how that works, eh? :lol: :blah:
defending the indefensible brings all manner distractions.
Speak for yourselves and do not project what you think others are saying.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Sudsy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:57 pm ... I was trying to say that I thought Jesus was pointing out that how I speak about others doing evil can make me guilty of doing evil myself as the way Jesus looks at murder, for instance, I can murder someone in my thoughts and accompanying words.
Very well said.
Sudsy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:57 pmI don't see where pointing out what is evil to be a problem but when I associate that evil with the sinner who does that evil, then I believe I am stepping into a new realm of passing judgment on a person and Jesus warns me not to do that.
I don't think Jesus shied away from pointing out people's sin. He took sin seriously. But he didn't talk to sinners with murderous words. His harshest words were reserved for those who did, the Pharisees.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?