Debt to others

General Christian Theology
Verity
Affiliation: NFC

Debt to others

Post by Verity »

“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:35

“Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:16-21

“And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:” 1 Thess 3:12

“Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.” 1 Thess 5:14-15

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;” 2 Tim 2:24-25

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” Romans 13:8

What are your thoughts? Which Scriptures would you add to these?
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Debt to others

Post by Josh »

Many years ago, my dad was taking to a Rod & Staff salesman at a homeschool conference where they were selling books. He told my dad they didn’t take credit cards due to not wanting people to be in debt because of those Bible verses.

Imagine my surprise many years later when folks on MennoDiscuss informed me that Nationwide Mennonites do indeed take out loans…
0 x