What will happen soon

General Christian Theology
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: What will happen soon

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm The USA and Israel are totally destroyed (at the same time the nazis on the dark side of the moon return in 1-500 years)
And don't forget that the subterranean lizard people overlords will finally reveal themselves.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Mazel Tov! ;)
2 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Post by JayP »

Those of you who think the house of Saud is making major cultural changes are simply wrong.
I know many Saudis. My Arabic is poor, my wife and one son’s are fluent
If you talk to people you realize the religious extremists do not need t9 be the majority, just a sufficient number to keep the nation locked down. Remember the government has no concern about represent their people….only balancing the various factors that keep them rich and in power.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JayP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:42 pm Those of you who think the house of Saud is making major cultural changes are simply wrong.
I know many Saudis. My Arabic is poor, my wife and one son’s are fluent
If you talk to people you realize the religious extremists do not need t9 be the majority, just a sufficient number to keep the nation locked down. Remember the government has no concern about represent their people….only balancing the various factors that keep them rich and in power.
Well I’m basing what I said off an acquaintance who just took a trip there. (He likes to spend his days wandering around different countries.)

He was surprised to see the public immodesty and the fact the religious police have a lot less influence now. They have “zones” where things like niqab aren’t enforced. And the plan to allow alcohol sales in Riyadh is real too.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Szdfan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:10 pm
Soloist wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm The USA and Israel are totally destroyed (at the same time the nazis on the dark side of the moon return in 1-500 years)
And don't forget that the subterranean lizard people overlords will finally reveal themselves.
I've been referencing them a lot at work lately. Makes total sense.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
JayP

Post by JayP »

I understand the other points of view. We have seen moves like this before
Remember being told MBS was a breath of fresh air….until he had a journalist killed in an embassy, cut up and smuggled out?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

JayP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:49 pm I understand the other points of view. We have seen moves like this before
Remember being told MBS was a breath of fresh air….until he had a journalist killed in an embassy, cut up and smuggled out?
Politics.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JayP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:49 pm I understand the other points of view. We have seen moves like this before
I don’t think for a second it’s become less authoritarian.

I just think the clerics are gradually losing power. Which is probably a bad thing, as they were a check on the kingdom’s near absolute power. I also suspect MBS wants to eventually wet his beak with a lot more international investment and that means behaving more to Western norms and expectations. I suspect he is moving in the Dubai direction.
0 x
JayP

Post by JayP »

I would never want to defend the house of Saud. But Dubai and Emirates might be the most value less, morally bankrupt place on earth. I do not like Iran. I think their leaders are wrong, but they are sincere.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

JayP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:54 pm I would never want to defend the house of Saud. But Dubai and Emirates might be the most value less, morally bankrupt place on earth. I do not like Iran. I think their leaders are wrong, but they are sincere.
I find that most countries leaders are sincere if you know what their goals are.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat