Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Israel is Babylon the Great

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Lex wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:06 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:01 pm
Lex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:04 am
Israel is NOT Babylon. If the capital represents the entire nation:

Rev 11:8. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

So by your definition, Israel is Sodom and Egypt.
Do you know what "figuratively" means? It doesnt mean that Israel is literally Sodom and Egypt, but that Israel is spiritually like Sodom and Egypt. Israel is like Sodom full of fornication and Israel is like Egypt full of idolatry.
So if it is spiritually Sodom and Egypt, it therefore means it has the spirit of Sodom and Egypt. Spirit is reality, therefore it has the soul of Sodom and Egypt, and is Sodom and Egypt. Right.

You actually need my secret prophecy decoder ring. Send a mere 20 dollars to my radio program and I will send you one.
0 x
:hug:
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:47 pm You actually need my secret prophecy decoder ring. Send a mere 20 dollars to my radio program and I will send you one.
That sounds like a real steal! Does it come in a box of cereal?
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:39 pm
Lex wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:06 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:01 pm
Israel is NOT Babylon. If the capital represents the entire nation:

Rev 11:8. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

So by your definition, Israel is Sodom and Egypt.
Do you know what "figuratively" means? It doesnt mean that Israel is literally Sodom and Egypt, but that Israel is spiritually like Sodom and Egypt. Israel is like Sodom full of fornication and Israel is like Egypt full of idolatry.
So where does it actually say that Israel is Babylon?

I could just as easily say Rome is Babylon:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rome has seven hills, and the “mystery Babylon” harlot sits upon her.
Sounds like Rome might be the beast, and the "mystery Babylon" might be an organization located there "drunken with the blood of the saints and the martyrs of Jesus."
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I realise this will disappoint a lot of people, but the State of Israel has about as much meaning in biblical prophecy as the Regional Municipality of Peel, Ontario or the Free and Sovereign State of Colima.
2 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

It’s Sealand!
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:44 pm
Lex wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:40 pm I have impressively shown who Babylon is. Very impressively. All praise is due to God.
Everybody thinks their own baby is cute.
What's impressive is the level of hubris in your lectures (and not in a good way).
Wife: Soloist is possibly the only person who would dare say otherwise, but he did admit to me the other day that ours got to the cute stage earlier than usual for a baby.

I remember listening to that section of Revelation being read, and being sure that the Internet was going to be Babylon. not 100% positive, but I think it’s a pretty cute theory.
1 x
Coifi
Affiliation: Orthodox (OCA)

Post by Coifi »

YOLO: Rome was the Babylon of Jesus's time; the USA is the Babylon of our time.
1 x
"I publicly confess that this teaching clearly reveals truths that will afford us the blessings of life and I submit that the temples and altars that we have dedicated to no advantage be immediately desecrated and burned." [A.D. 627]
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

That's really very funny. I have proven in detail that Israel is Babylon. I have provided incredible evidence that although Jews make up only 0.3 percent of the world's population, they are at the top everywhere. But then some guys come here and just drop one sentence like "Rome was Babylon and now it's the USA" and think they've proven me wrong.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Lex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:16 pm That's really very funny. I have proven in detail that Israel is Babylon. I have provided incredible evidence that although Jews make up only 0.3 percent of the world's population, they are at the top everywhere. But then some guys come here and just drop one sentence like "Rome was Babylon and now it's the USA" and think they've proven me wrong.
You see, your evidence is thin and you dismiss out of hand anyone’s evidence they present to counter yours.

Perhaps try to consider your view is a possibility but not fact.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Lex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:16 pm That's really very funny. I have proven in detail that Israel is Babylon. I have provided incredible evidence that although Jews make up only 0.3 percent of the world's population, they are at the top everywhere. But then some guys come here and just drop one sentence like "Rome was Babylon and now it's the USA" and think they've proven me wrong.
Nearly as funny as some guy coming here and dropping one post and thinking they've proven something.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited