Vatican Shakeup

General Christian Theology
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Vatican Shakeup

Post by temporal1 »

an aside.
i have only very recently decided to "follow" The Blaze page. on this forum, i believe i have only ONCE referred to it. wow. got jumped for that right away.
however, Robert has referenced The Blaze "ever since i can remember," for years.
i have not noticed him being "schooled" for doing so.

interesting how things work. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

temporal1 wrote:an aside.
i have only very recently decided to "follow" The Blaze page. on this forum, i believe i have only ONCE referred to it. wow. got jumped for that right away.
however, Robert has referenced The Blaze "ever since i can remember," for years.

I have used many different news outlets as reference, including LifeliteNews, or whatever the name was. Even a broken (analog) clock is right twice a day. :lol:

Closing our eyes to what the world thinks and says does little except to hide in our little deluded bubble. Anabaptists have a history of that.

https://youtu.be/BdWEbweX1rQ
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:

I have used many different news outlets as reference, including LifeliteNews, or whatever the name was. Even a broken (analog) clock is right twice a day. :lol:

Closing our eyes to what the world thinks and says does little except to hide in our little deluded bubble. Anabaptists have a history of that.

https://youtu.be/BdWEbweX1rQ
o.my.goodness.
my mother liked Eddy Arnold, this takes me back. :D
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

My remark was as much directed at Robert as it was to you - basically, to anyone who posts a lot of The Blaze links. It's certainly directed at just you, temp1.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Correction: NOT just directed at tempy.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:Correction: NOT just directed at tempy.
thanks. :)
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

2021 / Well. i haven’t found the thread i was searching for, but this older one will do. :)

AP NEWS / Abortion policies / “ US Catholic bishops may press Biden to stop taking Communion”
https://apnews.com/article/health-coron ... 6e3cc85c81
.. In accordance with existing USCCB policy, it would still leave decisions on withholding Communion up to individual bishops.
In Biden’s case, the top prelates of the jurisdictions where he frequently worships — Bishop W. Francis Malooly of Wilmington, Delaware, and Cardinal Wilton Gregory of Washington, D.C. — have made clear that Biden is welcome to receive Communion at churches they oversee. .. ..

.. A two-thirds majority would be needed for work to proceed, Naumann said.
But even critics of the initiative, such as Bishop John Stowe of Lexington, Kentucky, predict the endeavor will win overwhelming approval. .. ..

.. “There’s a growing sense of urgency,” said San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone.
“Abortion is not just one among many important issues. ... It’s a direct attack on human life.”

Cordileone envisions a statement from the USCCB to Biden and others “that would move them in their conscience.”

“They need to understand the scandal that is caused when they say they are faithfully Catholic and yet oppose the church on such a basic concept,” he said.

American Cardinal Raymond Burke has broached the possibility of Catholicism’s ultimate sanction.
He says politicians who “publicly and obstinately” support abortion are “apostates” who not only should be barred from receiving Communion but deserve excommunication.

Bishops already troubled by Biden’s stance on abortion grew more dismayed by three measures from his administration in mid-April.

It lifted restrictions on federal funding for research involving human fetal tissue. :-|
It rescinded a Trump administration policy barring organizations such as Planned Parenthood from receiving federal family planning grants if they also refer women for abortions. :-|
And it said women seeking an abortion pill will not be required to visit a doctor’s office or clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic, enabling women to get a prescription via telemedicine and receive the pill by mail. :-|

Naumann, who issued strongly worded denunciations after each action, told AP he was frustrated that Biden could authorize those while identifying as a devout Catholic.

“He doesn’t have the authority to teach what it means to be Catholic — that’s our responsibility as bishops,” Naumann said,
“Whether intentional or not, he’s trying to usurp our authority.” .. ..
.. “If a politician is targeted as a negative example by his own church, that sets a sad context in which the church can deal with this Catholic president,” Stowe said. .. ..

:arrow: “It contributes to the polarization of the church and of society.” :shock:

“go along to get along” .. ?? be careful, church leaders. the price is high.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

Josh wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:56 pm Like it or not, capitalism, "free markets", libertarianism, and "competition" aren't exactly the kingdom of heaven, and it baffles me how so many sincere Christian people have confused a capitalist political agenda with Christianity.

Jesus did not come to Institute an economic and political system to make everybody as wealthy as possible. Instead, he said the rich will have a very difficult time to enter the kingdom of heaven.
However, it has been historically true that classically liberal societies were the most accommodating of Christian society (and congregation) than even nominally Christian institutions to rule the lands.
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 pm 2021 / Well. i haven’t found the thread i was searching for, but this older one will do. :)

AP NEWS / Abortion policies / “ US Catholic bishops may press Biden to stop taking Communion”
https://apnews.com/article/health-coron ... 6e3cc85c81
.. In accordance with existing USCCB policy, it would still leave decisions on withholding Communion up to individual bishops.
In Biden’s case, the top prelates of the jurisdictions where he frequently worships — Bishop W. Francis Malooly of Wilmington, Delaware, and Cardinal Wilton Gregory of Washington, D.C. — have made clear that Biden is welcome to receive Communion at churches they oversee. .. ..

.. A two-thirds majority would be needed for work to proceed, Naumann said.
But even critics of the initiative, such as Bishop John Stowe of Lexington, Kentucky, predict the endeavor will win overwhelming approval. .. ..

.. “There’s a growing sense of urgency,” said San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone.
“Abortion is not just one among many important issues. ... It’s a direct attack on human life.”

Cordileone envisions a statement from the USCCB to Biden and others “that would move them in their conscience.”

“They need to understand the scandal that is caused when they say they are faithfully Catholic and yet oppose the church on such a basic concept,” he said.

American Cardinal Raymond Burke has broached the possibility of Catholicism’s ultimate sanction.
He says politicians who “publicly and obstinately” support abortion are “apostates” who not only should be barred from receiving Communion but deserve excommunication.

Bishops already troubled by Biden’s stance on abortion grew more dismayed by three measures from his administration in mid-April.

It lifted restrictions on federal funding for research involving human fetal tissue. :-|
It rescinded a Trump administration policy barring organizations such as Planned Parenthood from receiving federal family planning grants if they also refer women for abortions. :-|
And it said women seeking an abortion pill will not be required to visit a doctor’s office or clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic, enabling women to get a prescription via telemedicine and receive the pill by mail. :-|

Naumann, who issued strongly worded denunciations after each action, told AP he was frustrated that Biden could authorize those while identifying as a devout Catholic.

“He doesn’t have the authority to teach what it means to be Catholic — that’s our responsibility as bishops,” Naumann said,
“Whether intentional or not, he’s trying to usurp our authority.” .. ..
.. “If a politician is targeted as a negative example by his own church, that sets a sad context in which the church can deal with this Catholic president,” Stowe said. .. ..

:arrow: “It contributes to the polarization of the church and of society.” :shock:

“go along to get along” .. ?? be careful, church leaders. the price is high.
The implication of what these bishops are saying is that conservative Catholics should be considered ineligible to hold Federal office in the United States. Since, according to them, no conservative Catholic can legitimately take the oath of office which states: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will... to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Whether you agree or disagree, Abortion is still a constitutional right under Roe v. Wade.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

In my view, the bishops need to do what they need to do, just as CMs ans cMs must decide about politics, oaths, etc.
Each believer has responsibility of conscience. Tough decisions and sacrifices are made everyday. Rarely making headlines.

My view of RvW is, it’s overdue for a USSC revisit, due to incredible hard science, including real time medical photography, not available at the time of RvW. It’s now available to anyone with access to a television, a public library, or any sort of tech device. Children routinely view these remarkable images and films.

None of this was needed before RvW.
Every primitive culture on every continent in the world knew that pregnant human females give birth to human infants.
Medical science and real time photography now remove all doubt. For advanced cultures.

The sticky wicket is big corporate profits.
0 x

UNKNOWN