Can Anabaptism be Catholic and vice versa?

General Christian Theology
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Re: Can Anabaptism be Catholic and vice versa?

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:55 pm
MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:10 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:48 pm

If you have no firm beliefs, you are fine anywhere. Just sit in a circle and sing Kim by ya. Everything will be ok until lunch, when the vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians and glatt kosher people get into a tussle. Sooner or later, you gotta make a choice.

I have made mine.
One can have a firm belief as I do, without the desire to bash others over the head with it. As Jesus said, present the faith and if met with stubborn violence walk away shaking the dust from one’s feet.
I am not the one presenting fringe views. He attacks our church, our history and our views on baptism. Remember, that this is a MENNONITE discussion forum.

This I will defend.

Are you trying to take this space over? Sure looks like it.

You’re doing a poor job defending it. What makes you think you have any spaces around here? I don’t see your name on this space anywhere. What the heck are you talking about?
Last edited by Falco Knotwise on Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:05 am

One can have a firm belief as I do, without the desire to bash others over the head with it. As Jesus said, present the faith and if met with stubborn violence walk away shaking the dust from one’s feet.
I am not the one presenting fringe views. He attacks our church, our history and our views on baptism. Remember, that this is a MENNONITE discussion forum.

This I will defend.

You’re doing a poor job defending it. Take this space over by from whom? You think this is your space? :laugh
Do you go into pizza restaurants and start blowing and bellowing to everyone in there, how it should really be a taco restaurant? :lol:
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

RZehr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 am

This I will defend.

You’re doing a poor job defending it. Take this space over by from whom? You think this is your space? :laugh
Do you go into pizza restaurants and start blowing and bellowing to everyone in there, how it should really be a taco restaurant? :lol:
This isn’t a private restaurant it’s a public space so far as I know. What the heck kinda talk is this? You guys claim spaces around here?

If so, I’ve got a bridge to sell you, too. Just to sweeten the deal I’ll even throw in some ocean front property right in Arizona!

:up:
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 am
This isn’t a private restaurant it’s a public space so far as I know. What the heck kinda talk is this? You guys claim spaces around here?

If so, I’ve got a bridge to sell you, too. Just to sweeten the deal I’ll even throw in some ocean front property right in Arizona!

It’s a public “pizza” restaurant. You just seem perpetually surprised and offended that “tacos” aren’t the main course here.

Who wants a taco pizza anyway?
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

RZehr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:23 am

It’s a public “pizza” restaurant. You just seem perpetually surprised and offended that “tacos” aren’t the main course here.
This place is weird.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:26 am

This place is weird.
I agree.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I'm more interested in learning more about this "alternative" history. I am not necessarily opposed to it (in particular, I am always looking for confirmation bias that early Anabaptism did indeed have a common purse and was modelled after monasteries).
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:34 am
Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:26 am This place is weird.
I agree.
I agree.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:48 pm

If you have no firm beliefs, you are fine anywhere. Just sit in a circle and sing Kim by ya. Everything will be ok until lunch, when the vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians and glatt kosher people get into a tussle. Sooner or later, you gotta make a choice.

I have made mine.

This I will defend.

No. Are you deliberately trying to drive a wedge and destroy Anabaptist and Catholic friendships? If so, your anger is having the opposite effect.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Who wants a taco pizza anyway?
Now you are making me hungry and I have already had my breakfast. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God