Do Plain Catholics exist?

General Christian Theology
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Do Plain Catholics exist?

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:51 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Heresy is a work of the flesh according to Galatians. When it threatens the Church it "kills". The Anabaptist don't fight with the sword but they do fight. They do spew. They did trample in their history and there are those I really do look up to, but not in these types of witch hunts.
You do remember the history of Michael Sattler right? It was posted pretty recently… the spewing curses and violence was from those killing him.
I never justified killing other than when God commanded it.

By the way how about naming the good work the Catholics do instead of bringing up the bad they did? Wouldn't that be kind?

I served at the Cleveland Right to Life many years ago- Catholics were the most present for the work of saving the unborn. Probably worked to save more lives than those they killed which I will not justify.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm
Valerie:
Can people please let it go????
Valerie,
i have to take responsibility for this latest round. i made a judgement call to post to you on forum rather than privately.
i usually (NOT ALWAYS) stay on open forum. i’m taking responsibility, but not apologizing this time. i realize some seem to have gone after Max from the start, it bothered me, too, i spoke back about it. i was speaking honestly then, and now. as honestly as i’m able.

you were idealizing Max. i wanted to share a minor warning. i didn’t idealize Max, but i encouraged him and defended him when others were .. being aggressive. in my view.

- - - - - - -

Regarding letting things go.
One of your fav topics is EO, i’ve never met EOs, to my knowledge, i’m impressed with your depth of understanding.
i’m not offended. i appreciate your interest in detail in all tooics. You’re willing to study things through.

Not to be critical, you’ve been asked by several to let EO go for all these years. ???

i don’t object to reading about your views. i don’t object to others asking you to refrain.

i mostly ignore these plain Catholic topics, thus, when i posted, it wasn’t a current topic.
i made a judgment call, it renewed unanswered questions. sometimed that happens, not always.

i always look forward to your posts. regardless of spellcheck. :lol:
That's okay Temp.
I don't think the Lord wants to shut others up who speak for His Church because hopefully the hatred for others or assumptions they are not Christians because they are not Anabaptist will go away before spending eternity together.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:05 pm
Heresy is a work of the flesh according to Galatians. When it threatens the Church it "kills". The Anabaptist don't fight with the sword but they do fight. They do spew. They did trample in their history and there are those I really do look up to, but not in these types of witch hunts.
You do remember the history of Michael Sattler right? It was posted pretty recently… the spewing curses and violence was from those killing him.

By the way how about naming the good work the Catholics do instead of bringing up the bad they did? Wouldn't that be kind?

I served at the Cleveland Right to Life many years ago- Catholics were the most present for the work of saving the unborn. Probably worked to save more lives than those they killed which I will not justify.
My parents attended the Cleveland right to life organsiation’s conference and fundraiser a few weeks ago.

One of the speakers did a poll talking about Ohio issue 1 (Constitutional amendment allowing abortion)… Catholic voters voted for it 60%. Evangelicals 30%.

That’s a big problem.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

You do realize that you accused Anabaptists of
but they do fight. They do spew
And turned around and said I need to say nice things when I pointed out who really spewed and fought?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 pm

You do realize that you accused Anabaptists of
but they do fight. They do spew
And turned around and said I need to say nice things when I pointed out who really spewed and fought?
Did I tell a lie??
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:12 pm

My parents attended the Cleveland right to life organsiation’s conference and fundraiser a few weeks ago.

One of the speakers did a poll talking about Ohio issue 1 (Constitutional amendment allowing abortion)… Catholic voters voted for it 60%. Evangelicals 30%.

That’s a big problem.
That is a problem. Abortion has affected the plain community as well. Which is why my friend was asked to do a booth at a Church years ago, during their missionary weekend ( I actually think it was Netos church) She asked me to help her out at it. We were so surprised at what the man who contacted her shared about abortion in the plain communities.

These debates are carnal and not good for the soul. Sudsy is grieved at this and wants the thread closed. So does Max. I vote for that as well.
Last edited by Valerie on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:15 pm Did I tell a lie??
I’m calling you a hypocrite. I disagree with your version of history but I doubt you believe it’s lie, it’s just how you see it.

You are calling for me to say nice things about Catholics right after saying mean things I believe are not true about Anabaptists and me responding by disagreeing who killed and spewed hate.
I’m calling you a hypocrite for saying you wanted me to do what you didn’t do.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:48 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:05 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am
I wonder why it wasn't well accepted for your Orthodox friend to try to teach EO teachings on a Mennonite forum... :roll:
Teach=Proselytize.

Enough said.
Because like other Protestants, you assume wrongly by misunderstanding or blaming Constantine for this & that when things were from those taught by Apostles. A wise person will try to understand things they clearly don't.
Best to stick with milk.
There is nothing to be regarded as scripture other than that which God breathed through those who had seen Jesus. Those other things are an allusion that could be taken many ways. So you claim an infallible church? Which church? Which version of which church? You have no idea how much the Catholic Church has changed. I grew up pre Vatican II. Nothing is the same. So who is infallible? Which version? Will they change it in the future?

Various orthodox and Catholic Churches have different “traditions “ that differ from each other.

I can point to you places where that “tradition “ changed, all on the word of one patriarch. Split the Russian church wide open.

Matthew 15:9. Matthew 15:9 KJV
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

I will stick to God’s word, the Bible
0 x
:hug:
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:21 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:15 pm Did I tell a lie??
I’m calling you a hypocrite. I disagree with your version of history but I doubt you believe it’s lie, it’s just how you see it.

You are calling for me to say nice things about Catholics right after saying mean things I believe are not true about Anabaptists and me responding by disagreeing who killed and spewed hate.
I’m calling you a hypocrite for saying you wanted me to do what you didn’t do.
I have said numerous compliments of Anabaptists through the years. I'm just asking you to try to say some good things about Catholics instead of all negative.
I am sorry, I shouldn't have used the words fighting and spewing but that's how it "feels" to me.

I'm sorry too, to Max and Sudsy as they are hurt by this thread and I should have abstained.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Valerie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:21 pm
Josh wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:12 pm

That’s a big problem.
That is a problem. Abortion has affected the pain community as well. Which is why my friend was asked to do a booth at a Church years ago, during their missionary weekend. She asked me to help her out at it. We were so surprised at what the man who contacted her shared about abortion in the plain communities.

These debates are carnal and not good for the soul. Sudsy is grieved at this and wants the thread closed. So does Max. I vote for that as well.
I seeing that all Mennonites and Amish are sinners, that have fallen short of God’s glory, that does not shock me. What does shock me is that you would drop that here.

I would be utterly shocked if the rate was anywhere close to either the EO or Catholic community. In fact, the SBC ERLC report says most women who have an abortion already have children. I cannot fathom a Mennonite family not willing to welcome another child. It just does not fit.
0 x
:hug: