Affiliation: Christian other

Zuckerberg's church

Post by temporal1 »

If this is true, i believe we all need-to-know. :cry:
i will weep.

Zuckerberg offers church
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/faceb ... ign=buffer
CHICAGO, Illinois, June 27, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) –
Facebook communities can fill the void left by decreasing religious participation, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg suggested last week.

Zuckerberg wants groups formed on his social media platform to fill the role in people’s lives once held by churches and groups such as little league teams.
honestly, in the prior 8 years, "i sensed" many in government have been attempting to "squeeze out" Christian sensibilities, i.e., squeeze Jesus out of the "formula," while attempting to harness what they "feel" is the good, or worthwhile, in attempt to altogether replace church+faith with government+human reasoning.

this piece solidifies this sense i've had. :-|
and it is horrifying.
this has the potential to reach untold numbers of young people.

ignorance married to arrogance. :cry:

God have mercy, if He is able. Will God have mercy?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Zuckerberg's church

Post by Josh »

Replacing human interaction with electronic device interaction, mediated by an unaccountable third party, is truly horrifying.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Josh wrote:Replacing human interaction with electronic device interaction, mediated by an unaccountable third party, is truly horrifying.
And not really sustainable.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:Replacing human interaction with electronic device interaction, mediated by an unaccountable third party, is truly horrifying.
as i've adjusted to the shock, i realize this is what has been in process, reading the words articulated like that were a bit much.

i remembered an earlier post or two from Robert regarding FB -
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... t=Facebook
You should be able to easily create a new account. I think it would be very humorous to tell them that you feel opressed by having to provide a government ID since you do not have to when voting. FB CEO is a very progressive person and strongly supports the democratic side of things.

They also have high schoolers and some very young people making these decisions.
:arrow: You might ask their age as a verification for you.

They will not respond, but it might get them to back off.
They do not want the publicity of having them making decisions like that.

:arrow: Tell them you want to (talk) to a real adult. :lol:
This corresponds with some insights i got from a young man who was raised in a radio-tv family, and who knows the local broadcasting folks personally. he was/is early 30's.

he told me i would be shocked to see who is working behind the scenes. very young, very inexperienced, recent college grads with pressure of big student loans, no life or work experience.
i recently asked if newsrooms still employ EDITORS, there are so many spelling-punctuation-grammar-word usage errors?! .. on a 4th grade level, nothing fancy. i was told, no. no editors.
(this is elementary school English, it doesn't begin to address content.)

so, i'm with Robert. where are the grown-ups?!

looking at zuckerberg, gates, buffet, bezos, oprah, others, these are not promising examples.
billionaires who worship self-as-god are not comforting.

strangely, when i was young, the big titans of money were criticized for lovng power+money.
at this moment, my gut is saying i wish the titans would stick with money+profits, leave it to churches take care of spiritual matters.

it's very strange to witness them assess Christianity as "a good idea" that they are tweaking, to distill Jesus out of, their vision is to have this secular human creation remaining, to build a well-oiled machine of the entire earth .. running like a Swiss clock!

they are using the same logistics for faith that they used for building great fortunes.
people "do what they know."

another chilling part is how many people seem to already be well on board with this thinking, to them, the most logical+natural thing they could imagine.

i see it in lots of places. i see signs of it in some of my family.
next week, i'll be in the land of amazon+microsoft, etc. they employ a LOT of people.
it can feel overwhelming.

but, still, i see encouraging people and outcomes, too. :)
good things are happening. it's important to not be overwhelmed.
it's not greater than God.

i agree with Robert, no matter outward appearances, it's not sustainable.
billionaires are deceived.
they are tempted to see themselves as gods. the temptation would be great!

i grieve for all those who will be hurt by being so misled in the process.
the certain emptiness of false gods and idolatry.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Here is one example of a recent positive.
i want to start keeping notes on these sorts of encouraging things, they've been happening with some frequency.

https://illinoisfamily.org/religious/ch ... c.facebook
(i added bold+underline:)
More Americans — even those on the political left — are learning the truth about the discredited Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Christian Post’s Anugrah Kumar reports the latest:

GuideStar USA, which is one of the nation’s leading sources of information about nonprofit organizations, has announced it will remove from its list of “hate groups” dozens of conservative advocacy organizations, many of which advocate for traditional marriage .. ..
This retraction happened quickly, i think within the same week it was first reported.
The initial report was disturbing, to say the least.

i don't belong to or contribute to any of these groups, either/any side, but, i am happy to see BALANCE return, so that all people are not completely over run with lib ideology+agenda.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Someone beat Zuckerberg to the punch....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... t-10523678

Would our spiritual forbearers have thrown this into the river, where it would nevermore be found?

J.M.
0 x
:hug: