Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

Post by MaxPC »

2 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Re: Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

Post by JohnHurt »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:11 pm
The evidence points to a sudden, high-temperature destructive event that occurred. Smithsonian Magazine reported that pottery pieces from the site showed melting on the outside, but were left untouched on the inside.

In addition, pottery shards found at the Tall el-Hammam site were also covered in Trinitite. It is the glassy residue that was left on the desert floor after the plutonium-based Trinity nuclear bomb test on July 16, 1945, near Alamogordo, New Mexico. The glass is primarily comprised of arkosic sand including quartz grains and feldspar that has been melted by an atomic blast.

The presence of Trinitite adds weight to the theory that a high-energy event, like an asteroid explosion/impact, occurred in the area, according to Relevant.

Bergsma also told the outlet about the unique grotesque condition of the human remains at the dig site.

"Human skeletons are complete up until about halfway up the backbone, and then there's just a scorch mark, and there's nothing on the top of the body," he described. "They found massive evidence that a huge heat blast from the sky...incinerated these twin cities on the Jordanian side of the river."
This location for Sodom can be found on Google Earth with this search term:

Tall el-Hammam Sodom, Ar-Rawda, Jordan

This location is at the north east end of the Dead Sea.

Ron Wyatt believed that Sodom was near the southwestern part of the Dead Sea, but I don't have any coordinates.
https://www.ronwyatt.com/sodom_and_gomorrah

Ron found balls of nearly pure sulphur at the site, that when cracked open, could burn.

Any "proof" of Sodom, or any evidence that the Bible is a historical document is being ruthlessly suppressed in the mainstream media and academia for political reasons. "He who controls the present, controls the past". Eric Blair / George Orwell.

So everything Ron Wyatt did, some good, some bad, all of it is rejected as lunacy because it validates the Bible. I am sure the same will be said of finding Sodom at Tall el-Hamman.

I understand there is Trinitite at Mohenjo-Daro in Pakistan. There is a story in the Vedas that Mohenjo-Daro was destroyed with fire as bright as 10,000 suns.

Adam's Bridge, which appears to be a causeway built by humans 4,000 years ago to connect India with Sri Lanka - is "just a geologic formation" according to "scientists" because it does not fit the modern interpretation of history, although the building of it is clearly documented in the Vedas.

That the Vikings discovered America before Columbus was rejected until the archeological finds in Nova Scotia meant that it could no longer be ignored:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows

There are Runic and Paleo-Hebrew inscription all over the United States, yet they are ignored. The 10 Commandments, written in Paleo Hebrew, are inscribed on a rock in Las Lunnas New Mexico. The Bat Creek Inscription, excavated by the TN State Archeologist, has an inscription written in Paleo Hebrew on a rock placed under the head of one of the skeletons. Dr. Barry Fell and others have documented these findings of Paleo Hebrew scripts in North America, and been called crazy for doing so.

There are many, many small copper mines around the Great Lakes that were worked thousands of years ago, with many tons of copper taken from them, yet not a lot of copper artifacts in the New World. Modern "science" has no answer for this, and ignores it.

The navies of Solomon and Hiram took 3 years to go to Tarshish, which in that length of time, could have been North America. They brought back copper "without measure". There was an ancient smelter built in Solomon's time at Eliat with ducted jets of air to aid in combustion and the smelting of ore that appears to be an early example of the Bessemer process. But it is ignored, as it doesn't fit the modern narrative.

And how did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob know where to dig their wells in the desert and find water? Jacob's well that Christ drank from is still with us today, and it is very deep. How did they know where to dig?

When we had our well drilled, we hired an old man who was a dowser, or "switcher". He used a willow tree branch to find the water, and a small flower head to tell us how deep we would have to dig to find the water. And he was right, both the location and the depth.

My great grandfather was also a dowser. I never believed in any of it, until a friend got me to try it. He had two straightened metal coat hangers, with a single 90 degree bend in them, and held one in each hand. When he walked over a water pipe buried in the ground, they would turn slightly in his hand. When I tried it, they would turn completely around in my hands. I could not believe it.

Some people have this gift, and some don't. Even with my lack of faith, I still have this gift. God gave me something that science does not understand, nor do I. I don't have a clue how dowsing for water works, but it just does. I experienced it, and felt the metal move in my own hands.

But dowsing for water doesn't fit modern science or the mainstream narrative, so it cannot possibly be true.

Thanks for posting the article.

John Hurt
1 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:52 am And how did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob know where to dig their wells in the desert and find water? Jacob's well that Christ drank from is still with us today, and it is very deep. How did they know where to dig?

When we had our well drilled, we hired an old man who was a dowser, or "switcher". He used a willow tree branch to find the water, and a small flower head to tell us how deep we would have to dig to find the water. And he was right, both the location and the depth.

My great grandfather was also a dowser. I never believed in any of it, until a friend got me to try it. He had two straightened metal coat hangers, with a single 90 degree bend in them, and held one in each hand. When he walked over a water pipe buried in the ground, they would turn slightly in his hand. When I tried it, they would turn completely around in my hands. I could not believe it.

Some people have this gift, and some don't. Even with my lack of faith, I still have this gift. God gave me something that science does not understand, nor do I. I don't have a clue how dowsing for water works, but it just does. I experienced it, and felt the metal move in my own hands.

But dowsing for water doesn't fit modern science or the mainstream narrative, so it cannot possibly be true.

Thanks for posting the article.

John Hurt
My wife’s father is a water well driller, his grandfather was a water well driller. Both of them have used dowsing but the grandfather more so. My wife (I think) tried it once but at this point completely rejects it as witchcraft.
This method was tested in scientific field settings and the dowsing couldn’t find a metal pipe with water in it.
Dowsing is advertised to be able to find anything even using a map if you are skilled enough.

Geology, which water well drillers study, is more predictive of water especially if you are already familiar with the water table.
There was a story about some island missionary who was working with some villagers and I don’t remember the details but the missionary prayed and dug the well and struck water while the dowser failed.

God commands us to flee witchcraft.

If it’s not occult related, prayer is all that is necessary. Occult channels spirits through objects and there are testimonies of spiritual warfare against these demons giving secrets to their followers. Satan doesn’t care if you believe it’s witchcraft or not, he just wants you to use it.
Prayer will cause these things to fail.
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I agree with Soloist on water witching.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

John Hurt, I actually agree with your underlying point, that people have always been very smart, capable and had the ability to move around the globe. But I feel like you dial it up to eleven and that is where you loose me.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

The excavation of Tall el-Hammam has been going on for many years. And Steven Collins, the self-appointed "lead archaeologist" of the operation is a fraud who gave himself his own PhD through the unaccredited mail-order diploma mill that he himself operates called "Trinity Southwest University". If you google map the place you find that it is just a storefront in an Albuquerque strip mall next to nail salons and takeout restaurants.

This is the google street view of this so-called university. That's it squeezed between a nail salon and a chicken takeout joint: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y8NxwgEFVArLWUWw8

According to their web site, Steven Collins is the "Executive Dean" of the operation and gave himself his own PhD

As for his findings, he has been accused of publishing photoshopped doctoring images and making fraudulent claims in his publications. And the Journal that published the finding cited above is now investigating the article for academic fraud: https://retractionwatch.com/2023/02/21/ ... -problems/

The other journal article making these claims was co-authored by Collins and Phillip Silva, another Trinity University archeology PhD product: https://trinitysouthwest.academia.edu/P ... culumVitae

I would suggest the notion that Steven Collins has discovered Sodom and has archaeologically proven the narrative from Genesis 19 should be taken with a pillar of salt.
3 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:04 am My wife’s father is a water well driller, his grandfather was a water well driller. Both of them have used dowsing but the grandfather more so. My wife (I think) tried it once but at this point completely rejects it as witchcraft.
This method was tested in scientific field settings and the dowsing couldn’t find a metal pipe with water in it.
Dowsing is advertised to be able to find anything even using a map if you are skilled enough.

Geology, which water well drillers study, is more predictive of water especially if you are already familiar with the water table.
There was a story about some island missionary who was working with some villagers and I don’t remember the details but the missionary prayed and dug the well and struck water while the dowser failed.

God commands us to flee witchcraft.

If it’s not occult related, prayer is all that is necessary. Occult channels spirits through objects and there are testimonies of spiritual warfare against these demons giving secrets to their followers. Satan doesn’t care if you believe it’s witchcraft or not, he just wants you to use it.
Prayer will cause these things to fail.
RZehr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:19 am I agree with Soloist on water witching.
The questions that can't be answered are:

Jacob's well is 135' deep. How did the Patriarchs know that there was water 135' below where to dug a well in the desert? Do you really think it was "geology"? Can you find water 135' deep on your property based on what you see at the surface?

I am also a sceptic about water dowsing. How did the coat hangers turn in my hand? I could not believe it. I repeated the test over and over, and closed my eyes long before I got to the buried water pipe - walked with my eyes closed holding the coat hangers, and when they moved in my hands, I would open my eyes and see that I was back over the water pipe. How did that happen, as I don't believe in water dowsing?

How did the old man, who refused to take money for his services but shared his water dowsing ability as a "gift" to the community, tell me exactly where to find water and how deep?

I have 3 categories of information: What is true, what is false, and what cannot be explained. I cannot explain dowsing, so to me, it is neither true or false.

I have asked for the prayers of the church and had men pray over my illness that it be removed, and it was. I cannot explain that, and it won't hold up to scientific investigation. I just know it exists, even though I cannot explain it.

If you were to go back to the 1600's and describe the radio, television, smart phones, jet airplanes, computers, and internet to the people of that era, they would accuse you of witchcraft, or say that you had lost your mind.

Like our ancestors, anything we don't understand and cannot be explained by "science", we attribute to witches or the devil, or that it does not exist, when it most definitely does.

Some men, like Napoleon or Hitler, have a charisma, or "gift" to make men follow them to do terrible things. This "gift" cannot be investigated by scientific methods, yet it exists just the same.

Dr. Franz Mesmer was a physician who studied what he termed "animal magnetism", which led to the discovery of hypnosis. The scientists that investigated Mesmer used "blind trials" and discovered that Mesmer's "animal magnetism" only worked when the subject was aware of it. Mesmer was driven into exile as a fraud, and only later did the "scientists" realize that Mesmer had discovered hypnotism.

If we lack a "scientific answer" for water dowsing, it could be that we do not understand our true human potential. I saw the willow branch in the old man's hand turn by itself and point to where the water was. He held it so tightly that when the branch turned, the bark peeled off in his hands. I have never seen anything like it, and I don't have a good explanation. But I saw it, just the same.

I suggest we put this water dowsing information in the "unexplained" category, and consider it neither true or false. Just because you or I cannot understand something does not make it false.
barnhart wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:16 pm John Hurt, I actually agree with your underlying point, that people have always been very smart, capable and had the ability to move around the globe. But I feel like you dial it up to eleven and that is where you loose me.
Yes, but isn't "going to eleven" the fun part?

Iron sharpens Iron (Prov 27:17), and talking to people with different viewpoints is how we learn new things, or how we learn to give a good answer to refute these "new things".

I learn a lot from Ken, even though I agree with Ken on very little. So I appreciate Ken's comments, even when I think they may be wrong. I still have to consider what Ken says, and sometimes I have to find that I am the one that is wrong, and so gain knowledge. But I always have to come up with an answer for what someone else says, which is not always easy. Water dowsing does not have an easy answer.

Take care,

John
1 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:14 pm The excavation of Tall el-Hammam has been going on for many years. And Steven Collins, the self-appointed "lead archaeologist" of the operation is a fraud who gave himself his own PhD through the unaccredited mail-order diploma mill that he himself operates called "Trinity Southwest University". If you google map the place you find that it is just a storefront in an Albuquerque strip mall next to nail salons and takeout restaurants.

This is the google street view of this so-called university. That's it squeezed between a nail salon and a chicken takeout joint: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y8NxwgEFVArLWUWw8

According to their web site, Steven Collins is the "Executive Dean" of the operation and gave himself his own PhD

As for his findings, he has been accused of publishing photoshopped doctoring images and making fraudulent claims in his publications. And the Journal that published the finding cited above is now investigating the article for academic fraud: https://retractionwatch.com/2023/02/21/ ... -problems/

The other journal article making these claims was co-authored by Collins and Phillip Silva, another Trinity University archeology PhD product: https://trinitysouthwest.academia.edu/P ... culumVitae

I would suggest the notion that Steven Collins has discovered Sodom and has archaeologically proven the narrative from Genesis 19 should be taken with a pillar of salt.
So where do you think Sodom is located? Did Sodom exist?

What do you think about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt? Gen 19:26
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:23 am The questions that can't be answered are:

Jacob's well is 135' deep. How did the Patriarchs know that there was water 135' below where to dug a well in the desert? Do you really think it was "geology"? Can you find water 135' deep on your property based on what you see at the surface?
all the wells which his father's servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.
Gen 26:16  And Abimelech said unto Isaac, Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.
Gen 26:17  And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.
Gen 26:18  And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them.
Gen 26:19  And Isaac's servants digged in the valley, and found there a well of springing water.
Gen 26:20  And the herdmen of Gerar did strive with Isaac's herdmen, saying, The water is ours: and he called the name of the well Esek; because they strove with him.
Gen 26:21  And they digged another well, and strove for that also: and he called the name of it Sitnah.
Gen 26:22  And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.
Doesn’t say how deep the well was or if later it was dug deeper. Doesn’t say if all the wells dug were successful or not nor does it say if they simply dug the same spots as Abraham dug.

In Oregon there was springs at the surface but the good ground water was about 300 feet deep. I’m not a geologist so no, I can’t look at the land and know. If I have data I could or even if I had dug wells before I might have a better idea. Generally though there is more likely water found in valleys.
I am also a sceptic about water dowsing. How did the coat hangers turn in my hand? I could not believe it. I repeated the test over and over, and closed my eyes long before I got to the buried water pipe - walked with my eyes closed holding the coat hangers, and when they moved in my hands, I would open my eyes and see that I was back over the water pipe. How did that happen, as I don't believe in water dowsing?
I did not say it didn’t work, just stated it was of the devil.
How did the old man, who refused to take money for his services but shared his water dowsing ability as a "gift" to the community, tell me exactly where to find water and how deep?
Freely given witchcraft is still witchcraft.
I have 3 categories of information: What is true, what is false, and what cannot be explained. I cannot explain dowsing, so to me, it is neither true or false.
One could ask you a question and I think this is the key point that you need to clarify. What is witchcraft that God commands us to flee? How can you know what is and what isn’t?
I have asked for the prayers of the church and had men pray over my illness that it be removed, and it was. I cannot explain that, and it won't hold up to scientific investigation. I just know it exists, even though I cannot explain it.
God though the apostles tells us to call for the elders to pray over us. If you went to a doctor and he prayed to a tree and healed you, that is from the evil one.
Natural doesn’t mean its wrong, this calls for discernment though. If it works is not the litmus test for good or evil.
Where does the power come from?
If you were to go back to the 1600's and describe the radio, television, smart phones, jet airplanes, computers, and internet to the people of that era, they would accuse you of witchcraft, or say that you had lost your mind.
Perhaps, but there was no one around flying or using computers. There was dowsing going on and some Christians still stood against the witchcraft then too.
Like our ancestors, anything we don't understand and cannot be explained by "science", we attribute to witches or the devil, or that it does not exist, when it most definitely does.
I can’t explain prayer outside of the Bible yet I know it works.
If we lack a "scientific answer" for water dowsing, it could be that we do not understand our true human potential. I saw the willow branch in the old man's hand turn by itself and point to where the water was. He held it so tightly that when the branch turned, the bark peeled off in his hands. I have never seen anything like it, and I don't have a good explanation. But I saw it, just the same.
I am sure we could go speak to practitioners of spiritual art’s and find some that actually had powers. That doesn’t make it from God.
I suggest we put this water dowsing information in the "unexplained" category, and consider it neither true or false. Just because you or I cannot understand something does not make it false.
You can believe its unexplained and I never said it was explained. It is however from the devil. If it was from God, we would need nothing other then prayer or if it had an explanation it would be testable.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

RZehr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:19 am I agree with Soloist on water witching.
My take as well. I kinda think we had a thread about this some years back....
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!