Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

Post by MaxPC »

Joy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:45 pm
Just seeing the similarities.

My dogs would've certainly dived in to retrieve the stick and gotten clobbered while they fought over it. I would have had to tell them, "Don't blame me--I didn't ax you to do that." :lol: [Pardon my Southern accent.]
:lol: Context is essential. :hi5
Memory: Many years ago we had a dog who did not "fetch". If you threw a stick or other object, he gave us a look that seemed to say "that was a dumb thing to do." He may have been part cat.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Experts Confirm Genesis 19, Biblical City Destroyed by Explosion 1,000 Times Larger Than Atomic Bomb

Post by silentreader »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:35 am

My dogs would've certainly dived in to retrieve the stick and gotten clobbered while they fought over it. I would have had to tell them, "Don't blame me--I didn't ax you to do that." :lol: [Pardon my Southern accent.]
Memory: Many years ago we had a dog who did not "fetch". If you threw a stick or other object, he gave us a look that seemed to say "that was a dumb thing to do." He may have been part cat.
Evolution? :? :shock:
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Soloist wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 am
Joy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:08 am What about throwing a stick into water and making an iron axe head float to the top? Was that of the devil?

But it happened that as one of them was cutting down a beam, the axe head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, "Oh, my master! It was borrowed! Then the man of God said, "Where did it fall?" And when he showed him the place, he cut off a stick and threw it in there, and made the iron float. [2Ki 6:5,6 NASB20]
Wife: Oh, that was pretty nifty, but I don’t think Elisha was having the guy use the stick holding the two prongs on the forked side and having it point in front of him while he was walking through the water till it pointed down. I would be rather impressed if someone could throw a stick and make metal float on water nowadays. They would have a pretty awesome TV show about it I’m sure, and many lost keys would be found. I’d hate to be a dog trying to fetch that stick though when the ax head pops up.

Supernatural, yes. Witchcraft, no.
I wish that I could have made my glasses float to the top of the Banawa River, when a vine caught them as we passed under them....
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Maybe he just thought, "OK, If you don't want the stick, fine with me. I'm not going after it. Get it yourself if you want it back."
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife: Fake News: Dogs and cats do not mate. ;)

Our dog's either a dingbat or uninterested in sticks/balls/ect. Given that snacks bounce off his nose, probably a dingbat. Very clever escape artist though, so while we are all waiting to see if the ax floats or not, he'd probably be stealthily either chewing or backing his way out of his harness so he could do something more interesting or chew the servant's borrowed weedwacker charger.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Soloist wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:41 pm Wife: Fake News: Dogs and cats do not mate. ;)
I grew up on a farm, and I can assure you that dogs and cats do mate. In fact, very noisily at times.
not saying dogs with cats or vice versa though....
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:45 pm
Soloist wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:41 pm Wife: Fake News: Dogs and cats do not mate. ;)
I grew up on a farm, and I can assure you that dogs and cats do mate. In fact, very noisily at times.
not saying dogs with cats or vice versa though....
:lol: That dog of ours may have been a genetic experiment. Or mentally challenged. Certainly he was the strangest looking dog we ever had and lived for 16 years with us. We never knew his true age as he just showed up at our house one day as an adult. His name was Harry (for Henry VIII); if he had been 1 inch longer he would have been round plus he had reddish fur. Sweet dog, just would not fetch.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God