Atheists

General Christian Theology
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Atheists

Post by Joy »

AndersonD wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:39 pm
Your dad had a profound effect on your life. Anyway, I didn't grow up in a home that believed in "witnessing to the lost" verbally. So passing out tracts or putting up signs is taboo and something I don't envision myself doing. Instead, my context is inviting the marginalized including those in the church for dinners or supporting monetarily. I also am uncomfortable using the term "soul winner". If a person chooses Christianity that is the work of the Spirit.
The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim good news are a great army: [Psa 68:11 NASB20]

I like that Scripture! It is my privilege to be part of that army, to reach many, many people with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Joy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:43 am
AndersonD wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:39 pm Your dad had a profound effect on your life. Anyway, I didn't grow up in a home that believed in "witnessing to the lost" verbally. So passing out tracts or putting up signs is taboo and something I don't envision myself doing. Instead, my context is inviting the marginalized including those in the church for dinners or supporting monetarily. I also am uncomfortable using the term "soul winner".

If a person chooses Christianity that is the work of the Spirit.
The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim good news are a great army: [Psa 68:11 NASB20]

I like that Scripture! It is my privilege to be part of that army, to reach many, many people with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Joy, you are a work of the Spirit. The Spirit cannot be limited or held captive, He transcends.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
AndersonD
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by AndersonD »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:27 pm P.2:
barnhart wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:31 pm
AndersonD wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 am My colleague at work is an atheist. Anyone have suggestions how to converse about God? I feel like I am casting my pearls before swine. He's stunned that I am a creationist, believe in an afterlife, don't swear, etc.. and anyone who believes in God is using him as their crutch. To believe in God is to be lazy and simple minded.
Pray .. .. Ask God for questions to share with him. Wait expectantly.
P.2:
AndersonD:
.. If a person chooses Christianity that is the work of the Spirit.
^^This is it.
No matter words or actions, no matter “careful” dedicated study (these things can be marvelous) .. realize, the Holy Spirit determines timing, and outcomes.

Pray for the HS to touch your friend, you might even share this Truth, that, no matter how profound+thorough his human reasoning is, unless+until he is touched by the HS, he will not see. It’s not possible.

He may not immediately pray for the HS, he’ll probably scoff and dismiss, however, life “has a way” of presenting reality that makes “every knee bow,” at that time he might remember your wise advice and reach out for real answers. That’s the work of the Spirit.

We are impatient, we want to see tangible results in the moment. Now!
The HS determines timing and outcomes. We are to plant the seeds, the Lord determines the harvest. Isaiah 55:11 https://biblehub.com/isaiah/55-11.htm

What believers do+say is very important. Believers have to forget are wise to forget about instant gratification.
Thank you Temp for sharing these thoughts. Very true that I like to see tangible results. My desire for every naturalist is to start asking some deep questions about the many incorrect assumptions made in evolutionary theory. Thankfully, one of my co-workers has started on that path. Many of my coworkers who are ardent evolutionists are GenZ and are very smart. However, for them, there is no God and life has no meaning. I hope to open their minds to the possibility of a Creator and desire that they think critically.
1 x