John Hagee?

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

John Hagee?

Post by MaxPC »

In what category of theology would John Hagee seem to belong?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: John Hagee?

Post by mike »

The wrong one
4 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

His own category. He is aggressively Christian Zionist (to the point one could be forgiven for thinking he started the movement). He also routinely rails against other denominations, particularly Catholics.

I'm guessing his background was Reformed or Baptist.
1 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:42 am In what category of theology would John Hagee seem to belong?
I'm not sure there is a category of theology one can give to John Hagee's beliefs. He is big on supporting Israel and very much into politics from what I know about him. His church is a non-denominational evangelical church and it seems to me some of his teachings are quite unique. His church is reported to have 14,000 members with a 5,400 seating capacity for the sanctuary.

From what I know of him, he would be closest to a Pentecostal belief and was ordained by the Assemblies of God (Pentecostal). A premillennial dispensationalist. However, he has some beliefs other Pentecostals do not support.

He is not a preacher that I prefer to listen to. Too much into politics and end time views that I have little interest in.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit