Baptism in the Catholic Church

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Baptism in the Catholic Church

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:58 am Francis either needs to reverse his decision, or allow a lot of bishops to ignore him, or else the Eastern Orthodox are going to suddenly have a lot of new dioceses.
If he and his Cardinal do not rescind this document, it will be allowed to die a quiet death in the archives. I am not worried as God is in control of all.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Pope Francis may as well as declared open hot war wrt how the “lavender mafia” will respond (to blessings).
Esp along with his uncompromising stance on surrogacy.

It may appear “quiet” in lib news media. Reality is, “no rest for the wicked.” Isaiah 48:22
https://biblehub.com/isaiah/48-22.htm

P.6 / Prayers for the C Church
viewtopic.php?t=1519&start=50

God will have His final say. So much misery in the process.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Makes me wonder if Jorge Mario Bergoglio is a homosexual.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:28 pm Makes me wonder if Jorge Mario Bergoglio is a homosexual.
I doubt we will ever know in his lifetime. I prefer to trust the Lord and lean not unto my own understanding.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:28 pm Makes me wonder if Jorge Mario Bergoglio is a homosexual.
i don’t wonder about that, i try not to wonder about anyone’s sexuality .. esp when celibate, or in marriage. ‘cause, being celibate, or taking vows of faithfulness, are not conditional. (not in my understanding.)

i admit,
in recent years, esp since the 1980’s, when HIV-AIDS put homosexuals front+center in news reporting .. a weird thing arose.
there seemed a shift toward lifting homosexuality above vows. for instance, “it’s ok for me to divorce, i’m homosexual, so, that makes it ok, if not desireable.” for many, “foresaking all others” became conditional, not applicable to ss. :-|
i believe this is misguided.

JMB can be confusing, i don’t think anyone disagrees.

his stance on surrogacy reflects he isn’t always confusing.
it reflects he’s not unwilling to get crossways with the powerful homosexual bloc.

homosexuals, in general, have more discretionary time+money to dedicate to education, politics, travel, surrogacy, or whatever piques their interest. they are clever with human law. they often have 2 “head of household” incomes, without obligation of traditional dependents, wife+children. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_money

if all one has is human reasoning and earthly ambitions, it makes a lot of sense/cents.

- - - - - - -

For Christians, whether Pope, Bishop, Priest/priest, Protestant/protestant, Anabaptist/anabaptist, all are called to forsake sin.
no matter how great the temptation. temptation doesn’t rest. it can’t. Only Jesus provides, no other.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Post by JayP »

Excuse me, someone actually questions Pope Francis’ orientation?

Are you kidding? There is a reason he will not return to Argentina. They hate him
Francis is not opposed to the lavender Mafia, he is a made man!

Look at his appointment of Fernandez to head the Doctrine do the Faith.
It is like putting the head weasel in charge if the henhouse. LOL

Neo con Catholics really have to twist their logic to find ways of defending this historic bad Papacy.
Amazingly, had Radzinger not resigned/abdicated, we would have skipped Francis’ papacy completely
Does. Really are you wonder what strings they pulled and threats were made to get Benedict to resign.

Killing Pope John Paul I was at least cleaner.
1 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Cardinal Ratzinger and Pope John Paul II were both trying to reform the Jesuit order from within. The Jesuits are the spearhead of the modernist movement within the RCC. (Though all the major orders are now polluted by it.)

Jesuits take special vows not to seek any office of prelature within the Church. They have to receive a special dispensation from their vows to legally accept an office.

Think about it. Francis is the first Jesuit Pope in history following on the heels of two popes who were trying to reform it.

Somehow, they got their man in to prevent the reform and to keep pushing their modernist agenda.

It appears at this point they are losing control. A whole continent of African bishops are opposed to what he’s doing now. Some of them are Cardinals (some even put there by PF himself) and they will be voting in the next conclave. They will most likely be looking for someone more conservative than PF to put in that office this time around.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:31 pmIt appears at this point they are losing control. A whole continent of African bishops are opposed to what he’s doing now. Some of them are Cardinals (some even put there by PF himself) and they will be voting in the next conclave. They will most likely be looking for someone more conservative than PF this time around.
I suspect you are wrong about that. 73% of of the current College of Cardinals have been appointed by Francis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinals ... by_Francis

Following the 2023 consistory, 99 of the cardinal electors had been appointed by Francis, 29 by Pope Benedict XVI, and 9 by Pope John Paul II. Each of Francis' consistories has increased the number of cardinal electors from less than the set limit of 120 to a number higher than 120, as high as 137 in 2023, surpassing the record 135 set by Pope John Paul II in 2001 and 2003. Since 2 June 2023, two-thirds of the cardinal electors have been cardinals created by Francis. The September 2023 consistory increased that to about 73%.

And of those Cardinals eligible to vote in a papal conclave (under age 80) only 14 are from Africa, the bulk of them appointed by Francis, and several who are about to age out which will reduce their numbers even more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_cardinals

So at this point in time, 14 or roughly 10% of the current Papal Conclave are from Africa, Of those 14, only 4 were appointed by John Paul or Benedict and those four are ages 79, 76, 78, and 79 years old, respectively, meaning that they are all on the cusp of aging out of the Papal Conclave that will elect the next pope. Within a year, only one African Cardinal not appointed by Francis will remain on the Papal Conclave and within 4 years, every African Cardinal in the Papal Conclave will be a Francis appointee.
Last edited by Ken on Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

As a Catholic intellectual once said… pray for a new pope.
1 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:03 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:31 pmIt appears at this point they are losing control. A whole continent of African bishops are opposed to what he’s doing now. Some of them are Cardinals (some even put there by PF himself) and they will be voting in the next conclave. They will most likely be looking for someone more conservative than PF this time around.
I suspect you are wrong about that. 73% of of the current College of Cardinals have been appointed by Francis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinals ... by_Francis

Following the 2023 consistory, 99 of the cardinal electors had been appointed by Francis, 29 by Pope Benedict XVI, and 9 by Pope John Paul II. Each of Francis' consistories has increased the number of cardinal electors from less than the set limit of 120 to a number higher than 120, as high as 137 in 2023, surpassing the record 135 set by Pope John Paul II in 2001 and 2003. Since 2 June 2023, two-thirds of the cardinal electors have been cardinals created by Francis. The September 2023 consistory increased that to about 73%.

And of those Cardinals eligible to vote in a papal conclave (under age 80) only 14 are from Africa, the bulk of them appointed by Francis, and several who are about to age out which will reduce their numbers even more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_cardinals

So at this point in time, 14 or roughly 10% of the current Papal Conclave are from Africa, Of those 14, only 4 were appointed by John Paul or Benedict and those four are ages 79, 76, 78, and 79 years old, respectively, meaning that they are all on the cusp of aging out of the Papal Conclave that will elect the next pope. Within a year, only one African Cardinal not appointed by Francis will remain on the Papal Conclave and within 4 years, every African Cardinal in the Papal Conclave will be a Francis appointee.
Yikes! I don’t have access to all that data, Quite honestly, I just wanted to try to end that on a positive note. Oh, well.

God really is in control . . . Like Josh said, we can pray!
0 x