Poll: Palestine

General Christian Theology

Choose one (from 1-7) that mostly closely aligns with your thinking... You can also choose #8

1. With the coming of Jesus, the descendants of Abraham no longer have any God-ordained right to Palestine.
44%
2. The Jewish descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to live in Palestine.
7%
3. The Jewish descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to have a nation in Palestine.
12%
4. The Jewish descendants of Abraham still have a God-ordained right to Palestine, but they should not fight to obtain it or keep it.
7%
5. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to live in Palestine.
No votes
6. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to have a nation in Palestine.
No votes
7. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham still have a God-ordained right to Palestine, but they should not fight to obtain it or keep it.
5%
8. Other
26%

Total votes: 43

AndersonD
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Poll: Palestine

Post by AndersonD »

Nomad wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:46 am
AndersonD wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:37 am
Nomad wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:54 pm I see a future for Israel. Meaning, they will see the Messiah one day and repent when He returns to rule and reign on the earth. And Jesus will reign from Jerusalem over the 12 Tribes of Israel. I believe it as Biblically prophetic and I have no apologies with my view. The New Covenant has a place for Israel, just as it's indicated by the OT prophets and this will be accomplished. I'm even sympathetic to the Zionist movement since it was fostered out of persecution from so-called Christians AND Muslims.

But, I dont believe everything Israel does currently is to be applauded. When they kill innocent life or perform evil acts to the citizens of their country, whether Jew or Arab, we shouldn't be supporting it.
If I shared your views on Israel, I would have married a Jew. Did you marry a Jew?
No I didn't. We are both full Gentile. But I kind of feel like I'm missing your point somehow...
If I am interpreting your post correctly, the Jews will "see the Messiah and repent", meaning they will be saved on account that God has a special place in his heart for them. Will all Jews be saved?
0 x
Nomad
Affiliation: Alien

Post by Nomad »

AndersonD wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:44 pm
AndersonD wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:37 am

If I shared your views on Israel, I would have married a Jew. Did you marry a Jew?
No I didn't. We are both full Gentile. But I kind of feel like I'm missing your point somehow...
If I am interpreting your post correctly, the Jews will "see the Messiah and repent", meaning they will be saved on account that God has a special place in his heart for them. Will all Jews be saved?
Yes and no. I don't believe that every Jew or Israelite of all time will be saved. Paul tells them a Jew is one inward not outward. He also tells them in Ro 9 that not all Israel is of Israel. In otherwards, their sovereign election by God doesn't equate to salvation. They must believe on Jesus and be born again by His Spirit dwelling within them to be saved.

I do believe a future nation of Israel who will look on Him whom they have pierced as foretold by the prophet Zechariah and believes in Jesus the Messiah whom they rejected will all be saved. That's when the New Covenant that we participate in as Gentiles will be applied to Israel as Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and other prophets prophesied.
0 x
AndersonD
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by AndersonD »

Nomad wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Yes and no. I don't believe that every Jew or Israelite of all time will be saved. Paul tells them a Jew is one inward not outward. He also tells them in Ro 9 that not all Israel is of Israel. In otherwards, their sovereign election by God doesn't equate to salvation. They must believe on Jesus and be born again by His Spirit dwelling within them to be saved.

I do believe a future nation of Israel who will look on Him whom they have pierced as foretold by the prophet Zechariah and believes in Jesus the Messiah whom they rejected will all be saved. That's when the New Covenant that we participate in as Gentiles will be applied to Israel as Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and other prophets prophesied.
Ok, our beliefs diverge.
0 x
Nomad
Affiliation: Alien

Post by Nomad »

AndersonD wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:57 pm
Nomad wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Ok, our beliefs diverge.
Just to clear up my stance. I dont agree with guys like John Hagee who claim there is no reason to evangelize to Jews today since in his eyes they are all saved. How can we lead them to God via jealousy as Paul says if we are glorifying them in their rejection and sin? I agree with one Jewish Christian (who is ironically a dispensationalist) that said that what Hagee is doing spiritually to Jews is worse than what others have done physically to the Jews...because while he isn't slaying their bodies by his choice not to evangelize...but rather to glorify the Israel nation in their unbelief...he is slaying their souls.

If you read the references in the OT of the New Covenant...they are always directed toward the nation Israel and is linked to their destruction and repentance. This doesn't discount a promise to the Church but it also shows a direct connection of Gods future promises to Israel. If it hasn't been fulfilled yet then I believe it will one day.
3 x