Poll: Palestine

General Christian Theology

Choose one (from 1-7) that mostly closely aligns with your thinking... You can also choose #8

1. With the coming of Jesus, the descendants of Abraham no longer have any God-ordained right to Palestine.
44%
2. The Jewish descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to live in Palestine.
7%
3. The Jewish descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to have a nation in Palestine.
12%
4. The Jewish descendants of Abraham still have a God-ordained right to Palestine, but they should not fight to obtain it or keep it.
7%
5. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to live in Palestine.
No votes
6. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham have a God-ordained right to have a nation in Palestine.
No votes
7. The non-Jewish or Arab descendants or Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham still have a God-ordained right to Palestine, but they should not fight to obtain it or keep it.
5%
8. Other
26%

Total votes: 43

Nomad
Affiliation: Alien

Re: Poll: Palestine

Post by Nomad »

I see a future for Israel. Meaning, they will see the Messiah one day and repent when He returns to rule and reign on the earth. And Jesus will reign from Jerusalem over the 12 Tribes of Israel. I believe it as Biblically prophetic and I have no apologies with my view. The New Covenant has a place for Israel, just as it's indicated by the OT prophets and this will be accomplished. I'm even sympathetic to the Zionist movement since it was fostered out of persecution from so-called Christians AND Muslims.

But, I dont believe everything Israel does currently is to be applauded. When they kill innocent life or perform evil acts to the citizens of their country, whether Jew or Arab, we shouldn't be supporting it.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:37 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:23 pm
Ernie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 pm I'm glad to see how many people voted for #1.

It looks like we have a few people who support the Zionist movement. And one who does not.

Interestingly, it is many Orthodox Jews who are not for Zionism. They believe the regaining of Palestine should happen miraculously. https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/an ... among-jews
How do you reconcile that with Galatians 3:
Reconcile what?
Religious Zionism with Paul's teaching in the New Testament.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ken, I think the people Ernie references are opposed to Zionism.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:19 am Ken, I think the people Ernie references are opposed to Zionism.
correct
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:52 am
barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:19 am Ken, I think the people Ernie references are opposed to Zionism.
correct
My mistake. I read your first two sentences together. That you were saying you were glad we had people here who supported Zionism.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 pm I'm glad to see how many people voted for #1.

It looks like we have a few people who support the Zionist movement. And one who does not.
Premillennial Zionism is brand new in the history of the church. I wonder how long Anabaptists can hold those doctrines as escatological truths without ideas like divine right, manifest destiny and "recovering" America for God creeping back to inform Kingdom life currently. What value is obedience to Jesus' difficult teaching if the real battle to hold on to or recapture Zion (literal and figurative) is lost before our eyes.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

This is a fascinating video of the Son of a Hamas leader who became a Christian- he REALLY lays out the whole situation well. This is 11 yrs old & somehow came across it but VERY interesting- his story

0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Replacement theology or Expansion theology?

Read and discuss.

https://pastorjoev.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... -theology/
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:13 pm Premillennial Zionism is brand new in the history of the church. I wonder how long Anabaptists can hold those doctrines as escatological truths without ideas like divine right, manifest destiny and "recovering" America for God creeping back to inform Kingdom life currently. What value is obedience to Jesus' difficult teaching if the real battle to hold on to or recapture Zion (literal and figurative) is lost before our eyes.
The answer seems to be "a few generations". Already I am hearing from multiple local sources that many Anabaptists (who have already bought into dispensational or premil views) that they really should be voting and that it's totally fine to go and volunteer in Israel to help support the war effort. It doesn't seem a very long trip from helping recapture Zion to deciding one needs to recapture America for God as well.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

barnhart wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:13 pmWhat value is obedience to Jesus' difficult teaching if the real battle to hold on to or recapture Zion (literal and figurative) is lost before our eyes.
Barnhart, could you perhaps elaborate on what you are asking here? I'm not clear on what you mean by the real battle to hold onto/recapture Zion being lost...
0 x