Clarifying on behalf of God

General Christian Theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Clarifying on behalf of God

Post by Soloist »

NedFlanders wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:05 am
The most important message is that Jesus, the Son of God, died for our sins and that we accept Him as our Savior. And live a life of obedience to the Lord after being saved. There should be no dispute about that.
This is Protestant theology.

Christ called the Gospel the kingdom of God which has a much deeper impact, vision, and meaning than salvation as most important. If what you say were true Christ would have said what you did instead his main focus and mention was toward the kingdom of God.

The accept part is Protestant, the life of obedience isn't. Given how the Apostles marveled at the mercy of God to die for us, I think its true that it is a very important part that Christ died for us.
The follow on though, is a choice to serve our risen King.
We are saved, we are being saved and we will be saved.

Protestants teach that nothing can separate you from God, not even yourself.
Anabaptists teach that nothing anyone else can do will separate you from God, but you can deny God and turn away either though little choices leading to defilement or bold defiance.
When talking Protestant theology versus Anabaptist theology, it gets sticky as the Anabaptists taught quite a variety of things... so did the Protestants.
Generally we are referring to one of the 5 points of Calvinism as being Protestant theology.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:55 am
Grace wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:05 am
The most important message is that Jesus, the Son of God, died for our sins and that we accept Him as our Savior. And live a life of obedience to the Lord after being saved. There should be no dispute about that.

Christ called the Gospel the kingdom of God which has a much deeper impact, vision, and meaning than salvation as most important. If what you say were true Christ would have said what you did instead his main focus and mention was toward the kingdom of God.

The accept part is Protestant, the life of obedience isn't. Given how the Apostles marveled at the mercy of God to die for us, I think its true that it is a very important part that Christ died for us.

Anabaptists teach that nothing anyone else can do will separate you from God, but you can deny God and turn away either though little choices leading to defilement or bold defiance.
When talking Protestant theology versus Anabaptist theology, it gets sticky as the Anabaptists taught quite a variety of things... so did the Protestants.
Generally we are referring to one of the 5 points of Calvinism as being Protestant theology.
The Protestant or Evangelical people I know do say they live in obedience to Christ. But they almost always look at me confused when I bring up the kingdom of God and then often refuse to accept it as the Gospel.
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

NedFlanders wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:39 am

The Protestant or Evangelical people I know do say they live in obedience to Christ. But they almost always look at me confused when I bring up the kingdom of God and then often refuse to accept it as the Gospel.
It seems from my observation, Anaabaptists focus on the Ki gdom especially since David Bercot came along with his books. He came from Jehovah Witness whose churches are called Kingdom Hall. The focus on Jesus teachings during His 3 year ministry to the Jews was to expound on the Kingdom of God.

It seems Protestants of course appreciate Jesus teachings and then realize He started His Church with His Apostles and focus on the Cross. The Gospel (Good news) seemed to be the main teaching of the Apustles, including a heavy reliance on the Holy Spirit.

Protestants do not all believe like Calvinists and many like myself believe you have free will to leave the faith "by choice"

Oh there's so much more but what really hurts is to stumble on an Anabaptist & Protestant of another denominations. (Anabaptists ARE Protestants) arguing with each other about what the Gospel is to the point passers by are hurt by their witness of arguing (which I have seen) This is carnal behavior, neither are infallible
Last edited by Valerie on Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Valerie wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:52 am
NedFlanders wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:39 am

It seems from my observation, Anaabaptists focus on the Ki gdom especially since David Bercot came along with his books. He came from Jehovah Witness whose churches are called Kingdom Hall. The focus on Jesus teachings during His 3 year ministry to the Jews was to expound on the Kingdom of God.

It seems Protestants of course appreciate Jesus teachings and then realize He started His Church with His Apostles and focus on the Cross. The Gospel (Good news) seemed to be the main teaching of the Apustles, including a heavy reliance on the Holy Spirit.

Protestants do not all believe like Calvinists and many like myself believe you have free will to leave the faith "by choice"

Oh there's so much more but what really hurts is to stumble on an Anabaptist & Protestant of another denominations. (Anabaptists ARE Protestants) arguing g with each other about what the Gospel is to the point passers by are hurt by their witness of arguing (which I have seen) This is carnal behavior, neither are infallible
It is amazing how a truthful observation can be so offensive. And if someone is sharing the Gospel that Jesus shared that isn’t automatically arguing. Of course I disagree with you but I don’t bother with arguing with professing believers who don’t see the kingdom I walk away. If you see the Apostles main focus as the cross then I appreciate your honesty and admission but that doesn’t mean your right, nor does it mean that that was Christ’s focus.
Is not the point of this thread not to point to our own understanding but to point to what God actually said?
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.