Christians Judging Non-Christians

General Christian Theology
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Christians Judging Non-Christians

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:29 pm I think the Amish also spend virtually no time and energy obsessing about and being judgmental about the happenings in the outside world whether they are pride parades or 4th of July parades. Or whether they involve other Christians or non-Christians. And they also spend no time or energy trying to influence public policy in the secular sphere.
Some Amish are very eager to share their political opinions. I can tell you, for example, that some don’t have a high opinion of Joe Biden. Others think that there is unbelievable wickedness in the world in terms of drag shows etc and consider this yet another reason they should continue to live the way the Amish do.
You don't see Amish showing up at school board meetings, for example.
Amish are regularly involved in school board meetings where they live if they use public schools (often due to the school board inviting them and asking them to share their thoughts).
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Christians Judging Non-Christians

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:01 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:29 pm I think the Amish also spend virtually no time and energy obsessing about and being judgmental about the happenings in the outside world whether they are pride parades or 4th of July parades. Or whether they involve other Christians or non-Christians. And they also spend no time or energy trying to influence public policy in the secular sphere.
Some Amish are very eager to share their political opinions. I can tell you, for example, that some don’t have a high opinion of Joe Biden. Others think that there is unbelievable wickedness in the world in terms of drag shows etc and consider this yet another reason they should continue to live the way the Amish do.
You don't see Amish showing up at school board meetings, for example.
Amish are regularly involved in school board meetings where they live if they use public schools (often due to the school board inviting them and asking them to share their thoughts).
When we chat with the Amish in Holmes county we've really been taking a back at how much they are aware of going on in our country. The fact that all the ones we talked to supported president Trump (even had a buggy parade before the election two times in Fredericksburg to support president Trump)and knowing how they feel about pride and being rich etc we knew that what they really were supporting is what his policies regarding things like pro-life. And they turned out to vote when the marriage amendment was on the ballot in Ohio. These people read a lot they don't need a TV. I talked to one Amish man that shared what he was reading in the epoch news publication that kind of surprised me. During the covid pandemic I met an Amish man that told me he serves on the hospital board in Holmes county. They will be involved and what they see is important
0 x