Where Did Moses Get his Staff?

General Christian Theology
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Where Did Moses Get his Staff?

Post by steve-in-kville »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:38 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 am Where did Moses get his staff?

Perhaps a temp agency.... :lol:

(I'll be here all day)
I had the exact same notion when I first saw the thread title. :lol:
Neto wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:47 am
barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:19 am If their belief is in the power of inanimate objects, a more pressing question might be where is it now? Surely this is the key to cleansing the promised land of non Jews and ushering in a messianic age of peace and prosperity.
The location theory I recall is that it, the Ark of the Covenant, and some other things are buried deep below the temple location.
Perhaps we can telephone Indiana Jones and get his thoughts? Is he not related to Ohio Jones?
:mrgreen:
I thought the Knights Templar have the Ark?
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:40 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 am Where did Moses get his staff?

Perhaps a temp agency.... :lol:

(I'll be here all day)
Neto wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:47 am

The location theory I recall is that it, the Ark of the Covenant, and some other things are buried deep below the temple location.
Perhaps we can telephone Indiana Jones and get his thoughts? Is he not related to Ohio Jones?
Well that simplifies things. It seems the treasure of the knights has been located in tunnels under an English manor house.
https://www.thebrighterside.news/post/2 ... lish-house
0 x
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 am

Well that simplifies things. It seems the treasure of the knights has been located in tunnels under an English manor house.
Well, here is very entertaining story:

Ron Wyatt states that he has actually seen and examined the Ark of the Covenant (I suppose with Moses' staff inside), in a labyrinth that starts under under the Temple of Jerusalem and ends up outside the city underneath where Christ was crucified. The Ark was placed there by the prophet Jeremiah when Jerusalem fell in 586 BC, and it just so happens that the Ark was placed directly underneath the hill of Golgotha where Christ was crucified. After Christ's death, the Roman soldier pierced his side with a lance, and blood and water flowed out of the wound. An earthquake cracked the ground beneath the Cross, and the Blood of Christ then fell through the crack and onto the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant, per Ron Wyatt's testimony. Ron has collected a sample of the dried blood, and it only contains half the normal number of chromosomes, due to the Virgin Birth.

Yes, this does sound "far out", but...
(Uh, excuse me, yes, it is very far out.) But...

Mr. Wyatt has also found what he believes is Noah's Ark (with good pictorial evidence - and metal rivets from the Ark).

He has also found the location of Sodom and Gomorrah, I think he was the first on this location, and brought back evidence of the balls of Sulphur that he has had tested and that can still burn very well.

He also, I believe he was the first, to find the true location of Mt. Sinai in Arabia, called Jebel El Laws or Jebel Musa (Mountain of the Laws, or Mountain of Moses), with the entire top of the mountain burned off by some high temperature fire. At the base of this mountain, there is an altar with 12 stones, and a petroglyph of an Eqyptian calf. There is also a 3 story rock that has been split in two, with a small gorge where water apparently came out of the crack in the rock. Mr. Wyatt has pictures of all of this, and these sites have been well documented by others, and it is a fascinating location that fits Gal 4:25 that says the real Sinai is in Arabia. Ron was the first, but there are more modern documentaries that back up this site as the true location of Mount Sinai very well.

What Mr. Wyatt does not have, is any real proof or evidence that the Ark of the Covenant is below the location of Cross of Christ. He said it was too dark and dusty to take pictures in the cave. I think he has pictures of the holes where the crosses were inserted into the bedrock, and one of these has been cracked by an earthquake. But that is it. No other proof but his word for it, and a very good story to boot.

I understand that the Israeli Antiquities Dept will not let any near this underground site.

Here is Mr. Wyatt on video, starting about 5:00 he talks about discovering the Ark of the Covenant:

Here is a link to his museum:

https://wyattmuseum.com/

It would be easier to dismiss Mr. Wyatt if he had never found his other archeological finds. And I don't have to believe everything he said to have a good time in looking at this information, as I try to keep an open mind. But that Mr. Wyatt somehow got the Blood of Christ under a microscope, my mind just won't open that far. But I do enjoy a good story.

Have a great day.

John
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:38 am Perhaps we can telephone Indiana Jones and get his thoughts? Ohio Jones may have his number?
His number is the same as mine, but with a 574 area code.
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Neto wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:47 pmRegarding at least this particular group of Jews: They mostly think Adam made it, having wacked off a piece of the tree of life before leaving the garden. (Then the tricky part is how Moses got ahold of it, before he left Egypt as a 40 year old man. I don't want to be making fun, but I admit to being rather amused. :angel)
It might be a pretty old idea. Did they say where it comes from? There’s a long Jewish tradition of coming up with explanations and backstories for every object in the Bible. In 1 Corinthians 10:4, there’s the “rock that followed them,” for example.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Pelerin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 pm
Neto wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:47 pmRegarding at least this particular group of Jews: They mostly think Adam made it, having wacked off a piece of the tree of life before leaving the garden. (Then the tricky part is how Moses got ahold of it, before he left Egypt as a 40 year old man. I don't want to be making fun, but I admit to being rather amused. :angel)
It might be a pretty old idea. Did they say where it comes from? There’s a long Jewish tradition of coming up with explanations and backstories for every object in the Bible. In 1 Corinthians 10:4, there’s the “rock that followed them,” for example.
Here's the link to the article I read.

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... nt=content
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

JohnHurt wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:32 pm
barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 am

Well, here is very entertaining story:

Ron Wyatt states that he has actually seen and examined the Ark of the Covenant (I suppose with Moses' staff inside), in a labyrinth that starts under under the Temple of Jerusalem and ends up outside the city underneath where Christ was crucified. The Ark was placed there by the prophet Jeremiah when Jerusalem fell in 586 BC, and it just so happens that the Ark was placed directly underneath the hill of Golgotha where Christ was crucified. After Christ's death, the Roman soldier pierced his side with a lance, and blood and water flowed out of the wound. An earthquake cracked the ground beneath the Cross, and the Blood of Christ then fell through the crack and onto the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant, per Ron Wyatt's testimony. Ron has collected a sample of the dried blood, and it only contains half the normal number of chromosomes, due to the Virgin Birth.

Yes, this does sound "far out", but...
(Uh, excuse me, yes, it is very far out.) But...

Mr. Wyatt has also found what he believes is Noah's Ark (with good pictorial evidence - and metal rivets from the Ark).

He has also found the location of Sodom and Gomorrah, I think he was the first on this location, and brought back evidence of the balls of Sulphur that he has had tested and that can still burn very well.

He also, I believe he was the first, to find the true location of Mt. Sinai in Arabia, called Jebel El Laws or Jebel Musa (Mountain of the Laws, or Mountain of Moses), with the entire top of the mountain burned off by some high temperature fire. At the base of this mountain, there is an altar with 12 stones, and a petroglyph of an Eqyptian calf. There is also a 3 story rock that has been split in two, with a small gorge where water apparently came out of the crack in the rock. Mr. Wyatt has pictures of all of this, and these sites have been well documented by others, and it is a fascinating location that fits Gal 4:25 that says the real Sinai is in Arabia. Ron was the first, but there are more modern documentaries that back up this site as the true location of Mount Sinai very well.

What Mr. Wyatt does not have, is any real proof or evidence that the Ark of the Covenant is below the location of Cross of Christ. He said it was too dark and dusty to take pictures in the cave. I think he has pictures of the holes where the crosses were inserted into the bedrock, and one of these has been cracked by an earthquake. But that is it. No other proof but his word for it, and a very good story to boot.

I understand that the Israeli Antiquities Dept will not let any near this underground site.

Here is Mr. Wyatt on video, starting about 5:00 he talks about discovering the Ark of the Covenant:

Here is a link to his museum:

https://wyattmuseum.com/

It would be easier to dismiss Mr. Wyatt if he had never found his other archeological finds. And I don't have to believe everything he said to have a good time in looking at this information, as I try to keep an open mind. But that Mr. Wyatt somehow got the Blood of Christ under a microscope, my mind just won't open that far. But I do enjoy a good story.

Have a great day.

John
Yes, Mr. Wyatt was quite the story teller. Whatever he lacked in the truth-telling department he more than made up for in the imagination department.
2 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:03 pm
Yes, Mr. Wyatt was quite the story teller. Whatever he lacked in the truth-telling department he more than made up for in the imagination department.
Never heard of him. But the Knights Templar is a mild fascination of mine. They were forerunners in many things we value today, like the modern banking system. It's also an example of church politics gone awry.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:57 am
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:03 pm
Never heard of him. But the Knights Templar is a mild fascination of mine. They were forerunners in many things we value today, like the modern banking system. It's also an example of church politics gone awry.
Quite and I do believe that ALL church politics, regardless of denomination, goes "awry". Political agendas serve men, not God. There is quite a bit that can be learned from the failures of the past ... that is if the past is not rewritten for political agendas, which sadly, it almost always is.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God