dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Truth Matters

Post by dontperish »

Jesus is the Truth .
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of Truth
The Father is truth

Psalm 100:5 KJVS
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

The word truth is used about 224 times in the Bible ...it matters even as most claimed Christians do not seek it or they compromise on it to have fellowship with others. Lack of truth or going against truth is SIN.

Some key truth verses:

Exodus 18:21 KJVS
Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:

1 Samuel 12:24 KJVS
Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

It is one of the fruits of the spirit ....

Ephesians 5:9 KJVS
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

You can't even worship God lest you be in truth.

John 4:24 KJVS
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Truth would be sound doctrine of the word that saves you 1 Tim 4:16 and no man made false or added ways put in or on your life for Christ lest it be wilful sin.

It's why I say I don't know of any bodies in buildings that are fully biblical as they all ...that I can see lack various truth and do not seem to care to get it.

I love this verse in truth ...

Proverbs 23:23 KJVS
Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

I hope you rest and seek all truth and repent of all false man made ways linked to Christ or you worship in vain. Mark 7;6-9

The opposite of truth is a lie that puts you out of the kingdom. Rev 22:14-15

This is very serious ...

Faith without all truth... is not the fruit of a saving faith!

God be praised
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Truth Matters

Post by Josh »

In order to know if I’m in truth or falsehood, I need to rely on my brethren to help keep me from falling into darkness. “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and lean not on your own understanding.”

I am grateful God gave us the church to rely on, and that faithful brethren can be found in many churches and many places all over the world.
1 x
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Actually the Bible teachers it's the spirit that really teaches us all truth ...

John 16:13 KJVS
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The church is a pillar of the truth ...it supports it... but we get the truth from the Word and spirit not uninspired men and denominations.

Biblical men can teach but it's the spirit that puts it in us ...not denominations like your church of God Mennnoite started by a guy Holdeman with dreams n visions that he was the keeper of the one true church and he didn't even believe Jesus was related to Mary by genetics. The guy was a rank heretic ....and he started your so called truth church.

Try again ...
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

My church rests on the pillar of both the scriptures in the Bible and the work of the Spirit in each of our lives, but then both of those things point us to Jesus. Only through a personal relationship with Jesus, realising our lost condition and that Jesus wants to rescue us, can we truly be saved.

When we accept Christ, we then long for fellowship, which we find in body of Christ. We long to study the scriptures. We read Psalms for comfort. We read the New Testament and find a blind area in our life reproved. And then throughout the day, we feel the gentle prodding of the Spirit:

“That resentful, hurt feeling you have? Let it go and let Jesus heal it.”

“Take a moment to calm down and relax and stop worrying.”

“That angry word you just spoke wasn’t okay. Talk to Jesus about it and tell him you’re sorry and he will help you not speak it next time.”

We need the Bible, the church, the Spirit, and Jesus in our life, and those things help us to someday meet God our Father. May everyone feel the touch of these things in their lives.
2 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

dontperish wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:46 pm Actually the Bible teachers it's the spirit that really teaches us all truth ...

John 16:13 KJVS
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The church is a pillar of the truth ...it supports it... but we get the truth from the Word and spirit not uninspired men and denominations.

Biblical men can teach but it's the spirit that puts it in us ...not denominations like your church of God Mennnoite started by a guy Holdeman with dreams n visions that he was the keeper of the one true church and he didn't even believe Jesus was related to Mary by genetics. The guy was a rank heretic ....and he started your so called truth church.

Try again ...
In that case the protestant reformation was started by a man who called the Gospel of James "The Gospel of Straw". Martin Luther fully threw out Carthage voted canonized scripture and lived a very imperfect life. He practiced infant baptism too.

Not all men who do great works (Paul - a murderer, Peter a thrice denier) were sin free, or even heresy free. Men can be repentant sinners and do good things.
0 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

By the way I've asked on several threads to donotperish.

I understand there is a critical nature all churches must observe.

But please do tell me where I can go to church that is correct to you. I know the gates of hell will never prevail against the church. I'd really like for you to tell me which church is real, accurate, and truthful.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Chris wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 am By the way I've asked on several threads to donotperish.

I understand there is a critical nature all churches must observe.

But please do tell me where I can go to church that is correct to you. I know the gates of hell will never prevail against the church. I'd really like for you to tell me which church is real, accurate, and truthful.
He may not be able to do so.

He states “I hate FOTW”, etc. “I hate…” is a visceral, personal declaration. This in turn leads me to wonder if all of these churches and fellowships have personally spurned him, even excommunicated him for some reason. We have seen in him libel Josh on his webpage. Any attempts to reason with him have been met with an unreasonable aggression driven by dnp’s personal issues.

I would advise that we pray for his soul and ask God to heal him; and leave him alone. No one in a healthy state of mind or soul will believe his webpage.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God