Modern Martyrs

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Modern Martyrs

Post by MaxPC »

A friend has asked me to help him compile a pan-global, pan-denominational list of Christian martyrs killed since 1995. I wonder if you would be willing to help with this list since I do not have access to Anabaptist martyrs' lists. No politics, no debates please; just lists of those martyred are needed.

Thus far I have found the following:

2023 Nigeria: priest burned alive in his home

2022 - 39 priests kidnapped and martyred in Nigeria; since 2009 there have been more than 32,000 Christians martyred in Nigeria

2015 - 21 Egyptian Coptic Martyrs in Libya (one from Ghana) beheaded when they refused to renounce Jesus. They died with Jesus’ name on their lips.

1996 - 7 Trappist Monks at Tibhirine, Algeria kidnapped and killed.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Re: Modern Martyrs

Post by MaxPC »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am A friend has asked me to help him compile a pan-global, pan-denominational list of Christian martyrs killed since 1995. I wonder if you would be willing to help with this list since I do not have access to Anabaptist martyrs' lists. No politics, no debates please; just lists of those martyred are needed.

Thus far I have found the following:

2023 Nigeria: priest burned alive in his home

2022 - 39 priests kidnapped and martyred in Nigeria; since 2009 there have been more than 32,000 Christians martyred in Nigeria

2015 - 21 Egyptian Coptic Martyrs in Libya (one from Ghana) beheaded when they refused to renounce Jesus. They died with Jesus’ name on their lips.

1996 - 7 Trappist Monks at Tibhirine, Algeria kidnapped and killed.
Any others for the list? I only have the above and my friend is simply wanting numbers of Christians of any denomination or fellowship, no names.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

2007 - 3 employees of a Bible publishing house tortured and murdered in Turkey
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Often those killed are not biblical born from above obedient saints ....

Example Coptic Christians killed by ISIS had a different Jesus and a different gospel.

Roman Catholics and other false demonizations are killed for a false faith that can't save them ....

How terribly sad .. ..

All truth matters..

John 16:13 KJVS
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:02 pm Often those killed are not biblical born from above obedient saints ....

Example Coptic Christians killed by ISIS had a different Jesus and a different gospel.

Roman Catholics and other false demonizations are killed for a false faith that can't save them ....

How terribly sad .. ..

All truth matters..

John 16:13 KJVS
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
2Ti 3:12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Feel free to post your martyrs you know as is the topic.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:28 pm 2007 - 3 employees of a Bible publishing house tortured and murdered in Turkey
I have added them to the list. It seems there are quite a few in the Middle East. What of other parts of the world? Any all counts since 1995 will be appreciated.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)