Dogs and vomit

General Christian Theology
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Dogs and vomit

Post by dontperish »

Doesn't the scriptures warn in the last days men will turn away from the truth ..leave sound doctrine to believe fables and thus go back to vomit?

2 Timothy 4:3-5 KJVS
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. [5] But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Looks like the Holy spirit nailed that one with the 40,000 denoms and cults groups all over today....

I love that verse ...well, I love them all!
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

dontperish wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:16 pm KJVS
KJV I know, and NKJV I know, but who is this KJVS of which thou speakest?
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

dontperish wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:16 pm Doesn't the scriptures warn in the last days men will turn away from the truth ..leave sound doctrine to believe fables and thus go back to vomit?

2 Timothy 4:3-5 KJVS
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. [5] But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Looks like the Holy spirit nailed that one with the 40,000 denoms and cults groups all over today....

I love that verse ...well, I love them all!
I see nothing in these verses that talks about vomit. If you want to be literal, be consistent.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

It is relevant as when you leave sound doctrine you go back to a life of lies and false ways ....

That's your vomit.

Most all of churchianity approves of that today ...

Repent and obey the gospel
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

dontperish wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:28 am Repent and obey the gospel
What part do you not see me obeying?
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

dontperish wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:28 am Repent and obey the gospel
What is the Gospel? Can you answer that by pointing to what Jesus taught when he answered that question?

I'm not convinced that the Gospel is about wearing tunics. You keep talking about lies and false ways, but I think only Jesus can point us to the true ways. And the best way to find the Gospel is to focus on the words of Jesus.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?