Feminism was part of man's first Sin

General Christian Theology
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Feminism was part of man's first Sin

Post by dontperish »

Not many people realize this but the very first sin of man was Eve going out from under her husband to listen to and be decieved by Satan .... then she influenced her husband to sin. His fault too but....it went thru her that is how it went down. It was feminism ....

Genesis 3:6 KJVS
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Paul even mentions this;
1 Timothy 2:14 KJVS
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

This is relevant as we see massive feminism in the culture and inside most all religions denominations of man including anabaptists. It's rampant in anabaptists in fact ...

If people would read Paul he settles the matter so men and woman know what God desires for each of us to know our places. Satan is still working and using feminism to people's demise.

It's best when we keep His order not mans ...or woman's.

Hold fast to the truth ....
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Feminism was part of man's first Sin

Post by Soloist »

It’s interesting that it was a failure of a man to stop that and equally it was men who deserted Jesus. Again it was a woman who first saw our risen Lord.
Mar 16:9  Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
Mar 16:10  And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
Mar 16:11  And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
They didn’t even believe the truth yet they became our apostles and teachers of truth. Timothy was led to the truth by his mother.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Feminism is a movement that didn’t start until the 19th century. I think Adam and Eve were about 600 centuries prior to that.
1 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:17 pm Feminism is a movement that didn’t start until the 19th century. I think Adam and Eve were about 600 centuries prior to that.
In a way, I agree. But Paul proclaims the basic feminist belief, "Because all of you are one in the Messiah Jesus, a person is no longer ... a male or a female."
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:17 pm Feminism is a movement that didn’t start until the 19th century. I think Adam and Eve were about 600 centuries prior to that.
i prefer to ignore political constructs/language that, at core, exist to be not only extra-biblical, but to remove+replace Truth.
it’s disturbing to witness contemporary activists look back on history with prideful determination to redefine it through their own limited+biased lenses. it’s common and undignified. intellectually lazy, too.

i don’t care to have feminists speaking for me in any way. that’s just what results from organized political blocs.
they attempt to sweep up everyone in their nets for purposes of power and profit.

i’m not a fan.
organizing for political power and profit is not something Jesus ever suggested.
not to mention it often promotes idol worship. which is ghastly.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

The last 150 years or so has brought feminism in full swing.
The roles God ordained have been cast off as has head covering in most places...biblical dress ...authority roles and today you even have lady pastors to all the men's shame!

Reminds me of this verse:
Isaiah 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

On we go preaching Christ crucified in van dwelling life
Tupos
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Unfortunately, following recent decades of “well-intended” political decisions, much damage has been done to (almost universal) patriarchal-led family units, resulting in fatherless homes. Fatherlessness is now widely recognized as a societal problem.

When gov stepped up to help women and children, men found themselves pushed out.
Gov is ace at tampering with God’s design. Ever hoping to be smarter than God.

Fatherlessnes ..
viewtopic.php?t=2510
Patriarchies
viewtopic.php?t=4378

God is so smart. :wave:
He designed us with FLEXIBILITY so that, in the event one spouse died or could not be present, the other could step up, that is, the entire family did not have to die. Perfect? - No! God provides what is NEEDED, not always all that is wanted.

This is palpable to me.
Death has taken most of our family’s men, we manage, God provides, but, we know this is not desirable!
When my husband became terminally ill, i learned practical lessons of how God designs spouses to “fill in.”
It’s not ideal. God provides. It’s manageable due to His perfect design.

Government has gone too far.
The all-important God-designed familial codependency is damaged. To an alarming degree.

If this is true, then, no surprise women (and men, too) believe women can+should do everything; men, step aside.

i believe, matriarchies were not uncommon in African nations, where necessity of hunting caused men to be absent for extended periods of time (?) .. To repeat, not ideal, but necessary for conditions.

My mother empathized with the awful plight of women+children in Russia, having lost so many men in wars - when i was young, reports of women FORCED to be providers, including in men’s roles of medical doctors, factory workers, etc., babies/children FORCED into daycare institutions! - It was horrifying sacrifice of their homes, something to mourn, not to be confused with being a life goal!!

i recall this in my mother, it was during Cold War days when fear+hatred of Russia were the norm.
somehow, my quiet, stoic mother saw past this to think of the plight of women+children paying the human price of wars.

MN member Josh regularly questions every proposal/change with returning to scriptural guidance. Just because we CAN do a thing, does that make it desirable in God’s plan? “i can do this.” “should i do this?”

It’s odd (for me) to witness the U.S. mimic situations that were unwanted, even forced, in other cultures, while touting it as though it’s some desirable societal movement forward, even idolizing secular profiteering leaders of it. Very strange, indeed.

As i’ve witnessed in my lifetime. Lots of changes, i’m not convinced of a net gain, no matter how many bronze statues presented.
Sacred cows
viewtopic.php?t=2017
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

When you study it ...feminism is a woman acting out of God's order and her place and when the men , churches and culture allow it ....Eve did it . .satan used it.... Adam fell for it.

Then they are all feminized.

Look at Gaia and much of paganism ....it is rooted in feminist ways.. mother earth ... going way way back.

But God's Word is what His saints live by ...

Matthew 4:4 KJVS
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
0 x