Good Friday/ Easter Lies

General Christian Theology
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Good Friday/ Easter Lies

Post by ken_sylvania »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:27 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:20 am By the way, you know who else hates Good Friday, Easter (or pasta as the Orthodox refer to it as), and Christmas?
Satan, for obvious reasons
I remember George complaining about people who served ham for Easter dinner; apparently there are people who have that practice, though it's not common among Mennos that I know of. So it's interesting to know the Orthodox have a different menu tradition.
Somehow Easter Noodles would seem more like an Italian tradition....
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:11 pm
MaxPC wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:45 pm
I remember George complaining about people who served ham for Easter dinner; apparently there are people who have that practice, though it's not common among Mennos that I know of. So it's interesting to know the Orthodox have a different menu tradition.
Different cultures, different traditions and perspectives I suppose. We usually had lamb for Easter. Some years ham had to be served because of lamb prices.
And this year it's ham (alone) because of the price of green eggs.
I stand corrected, Pascha
And Lamb & Ham is served & possibly pasta
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:20 am By the way, you know who else hates Good Friday, Easter (or pasta as the Orthodox refer to it as), and Christmas?
Satan, for obvious reasons
Amongst Holdemans (at least of the Polsch variety), Easter and Christmas hams are quite common. I should probably begin mentally preparing myself for the Easter spread I will face in a few months; perhaps we could start a tradition of observance of Lent to help us cope with the size and scope of such a feast.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:11 pm
MaxPC wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:45 pm
Different cultures, different traditions and perspectives I suppose. We usually had lamb for Easter. Some years ham had to be served because of lamb prices.
And this year it's ham (alone) because of the price of green eggs.

The egg aisle at the store.

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

dontperish wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:59 pm It's coming to that time of year ....

Good Friday and Easter Sunday both days are not ordained of God and are lies.

1) God makes days holy and He never ordained Easter celebrations. Romans Catholics did and many evangelicals and anabaptists kept the false day to this day.
2 Thess 2:15 says keep Paul's traditions ...He didn't do Easter or Good Friday nor did any NT saints. Christ didn't rise on Sunday ...

2) Good Friday makes Jesus a liar. He said He would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights. ...72 hours. You can't get close to that Friday night to Sunday am. It's a lie ...
Jesus died Wed the day before the high Sabbath Thursday and He rose Sat as He is the Sabbath rest. Heb 4
Good Friday is a Roman Catholic lie so many keep but Jesus warned man made traditions void your worship of God! Mark 7:6-9

It's another reason to reject churchianity and denominations as they can't even get something so obvious right ...

We must be in spirit and truth. John 4:24

I have a article on this here:
http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogsp ... d.html?m=1

Tupos
Dontperish.com
Actually he did. This is just speaking talking points.

God ordained "Easter". In the Greek text it translates to "Pascha" or "Passover". Original date was Nisan 14.
Basically you are arguing an old controversy call the Quartodecimanism controversy. KJV has a translation to "Easter" as it was commonly celebrated pagan holiday that he was squashing... That said, in just about every other language it reads "Pascha".

Nisan 14 vs. the Sunday after Nisan 14 is a controversy from Polycarp days.
You are plain, flat wrong donotperish.

Also, the festival of lights was something Jesus himself attended, but was not in original Torah ordained by God.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Chris wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:36 pm Actually he did. This is just speaking talking points.

God ordained "Easter". In the Greek text it translates to "Pascha" or "Passover". Original date was Nisan 14.
Basically you are arguing an old controversy call the Quartodecimanism controversy. KJV has a translation to "Easter" as it was commonly celebrated pagan holiday that he was squashing... That said, in just about every other language it reads "Pascha".

Nisan 14 vs. the Sunday after Nisan 14 is a controversy from Polycarp days.
You are plain, flat wrong donotperish.

Also, the festival of lights was something Jesus himself attended, but was not in original Torah ordained by God.
Well… he will call you a heretic then and if you talk to him on the phone you will gain a personal website page.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

In Latin it’s called pascha and in Eastern Orthodoxy it’s also called pascha. Calling it “Easter” is a King James Version thing.

It is not easy to explain this to someone who is both KJV-only and anti-Easter.
1 x