The biblical gospel

General Christian Theology
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: The biblical gospel

Post by Sudsy »

dontperish wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:50 pm To make it to the kingdom ....

You need Christs perfect righteousness and the fruit you are born of him is you must have righteousness of your own by obeying Him in all things. Matt 25
Matthew 25:46 KJVS
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
And Romans 6;16
Romans 6:16 KJVS
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

... The righteous who do good works ... make it... the goats that sin in and don't obey ... don't make it...that's most of the world and churchianity.

The few (puny) who make it matches the few ... 8 in the ark...3 out of Sodom and 2 of 600000 who made it into the promised land. That word multitude in Revelation is the same word in the gospels that was for 5000 people. It will be few in heaven vs all who lived but a multitude over all of mans history will be there.
I have a teaching on that multitude here:
http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogsp ... e.html?m=1

God be praised
Tupos
I'm curious regarding the fruit of your presentation of the Gospel. Roughly speaking how many have accepted the gospel that you present and have become followers preaching as you do ? Numbers please.

Also do you really think you are 'obeying Him in all things' ? Remember all liars will not make heaven Rev 21:8

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast - Eph 2 :9

I'm counting on the gift of the righteousness of Christ and not my perfect obedience for my righteousness. If you think you are living in perfect obedience and that is required to be saved, then to me, you are preaching another gospel.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Another thought on this topic...

Modern theology and churchianity says believe and you make it into the kingdom as a wilful sinner because of Jesus but scripture says no .....

God killed a couple for one lie ... Acts 5

Rev 22:14-15 says one lie keeps you out of the kingdom

Paul says we are saved by keeping sound doctrine / truth
1 Tim 4:16

And Heb 1o,:26-27 says wilful on going sin is not covered by Christ but for it God's judge will come.

You need Christs perfect work ....but;
The fruit you have Christ in you is ....your desire is to stop all wilful sin...you repent when you do sin to be cleansed...1 John 1:7

Or you will face death and judgement

Read James 5:19-20 ...how else do you save a brothers soul from death ....when you pull him out of sin?

God's word is true ....

Tupos
Dontperish.com
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:08 pm Another thought on this topic...

It seems you have dodged my question on how many are being saved through your presentation of the gospel. Is not the fruit of preaching the true Gospel to result in converts to Christ ?

Modern theology and churchianity says believe and you make it into the kingdom as a wilful sinner because of Jesus but scripture says no .....

What do you mean by 'churchianity' ? There are many people that attend church that are born again and don't believe one goes on wilfully (no intent in turning from sins that the Holy Spirit convicts them of) sinning once born again. They do not agree with being in a state of perfectism (never sinning and sometimes wilfully) as they mature in their Christian walk. Scripture says we should not continue in sin but the Christian life is one of learning where we are sinning and how to overcome it. I agree that there is considerable 'easy beliefism' preached that does not represent what it means to be born again.

God killed a couple for one lie ... Acts 5

Yes but God is not killing everyone that tells a lie. He made an example of these two and it caused a Godly fear of what God could do if He choses to. We are to repent if we lie but it doesn't say that an outstanding lie will keep one from the kingdom.

Note it says all those who love and practises lying. These would be habitual liars and not one lie keeping you out of the kingdom is the way I read this.

Paul says we are saved by keeping sound doctrine / truth
1 Tim 4:16

And Heb 1o,:26-27 says wilful on going sin is not covered by Christ but for it God's judge will come.

You need Christs perfect work ....but;
The fruit you have Christ in you is ....your desire is to stop all wilful sin...you repent when you do sin to be cleansed...1 John 1:7

I agree but I also believe if I die with some outstanding sin that I haven't yet repented over, this will not forfeit my salvation.

Or you will face death and judgement

Read James 5:19-20 ...how else do you save a brothers soul from death ....when you pull him out of sin?

God's word is true ....

Yes, but how we understand His Truth can be distorted as we now see through a glass darkly and only know in part.

Tupos
Dontperish.com
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:08 pmGod killed a couple for one lie ... Acts 5

In that case, would you be open to removing some of the lies you have about me on your website?
3 x
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

I would like to comment ....

Rev 21:14-15 says

Revelation 22:14-15 KJVS
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

A lie ...that's one!

And look at this ...another verse that says a lie. That's one...

Revelation 21:27 KJVS
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

So things like Christmas and Easter and good Friday are lies ...
You best repent and stop them. God hates lies ...see Prov 6

His word is true
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:20 pm I would like to comment ....

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

A lie ...that's one!

Ok. So can you remove the lies about me on your website?

For example you claimed that I said “I admit to being a Mennonite in the past”. I made no such claim and have been a Mennonite for quite some number of years. So that is a lie.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

His word is true
I’m not sure what Christmas and Easter have to do with anything. My church doesn’t observe them as religious holidays. I do give my workers and partner the day off on those days to do as they please.
2 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:20 pm I would like to comment ....

A lie ...that's one!

His word is true
If you look at commentaries and other versions of these texts it indicates that the lying is not a single lie but rather as Barnes Notes puts it 'that is, who delight in lies, or what is false.' A common version reads 'one who practises'(plural).

If you care to believe any lie (which I believe is any deception of the truth) will keep a born again believer out of heaven if they have not truly repented and happen to die first, then we do not understand God the same.

It would not surprise me to know you are a KJV only proponent on what is the true scriptures so I will refer to this verse to see how literal you take it - Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Do you hate your family and your own life ? If not, you can't be a disciple of Christ. But here is another verse using hate that says if you hate your brother and you also say you love God, then you are a liar.
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
So, which is it. One verse says you must hate while the other says you can't hate.

I'm just interested in how you approach texts like these.
0 x
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

Hebrews 10:26 is clear ..no wilful sin is covered by the blood of Christ ...

That would include one wilful lie you keep doing knowing it's a lie. Rev 21and 22 says a lie ....

One sin put Adam out of the garden ....Jesus said to the rich man you lack one thing and God killed a couple in Acts 5 for one sin ...

Not sure why people don't see one wilful sin will damn your soul...I think it's because people like to keep sin. Read your bible folks? Repent and obey the gospel ...

God be praised
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Luk 18:10  Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh

Post by Josh »

dontperish wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:49 pm Hebrews 10:26 is clear ..no wilful sin is covered by the blood of Christ ...

That would include one wilful lie you keep doing knowing it's a lie. Rev 21and 22 says a lie ....

One sin put Adam out of the garden ....Jesus said to the rich man you lack one thing and God killed a couple in Acts 5 for one sin ...

Not sure why people don't see one wilful sin will damn your soul...I think it's because people like to keep sin. Read your bible folks? Repent and obey the gospel ...

God be praised
Then by your own admission, you are condemned, as you continue to promote lies about me.
1 x