Anabaptist woman flees colony

General Christian Theology
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Anabaptist woman flees colony

Post by dontperish »

I thought this might be a God topic. ....

When a Anabaptist woman flees a group and seperates from a husband ....to do so for Christ...biblically.

We just helped a lady do it ..... Glory to God.

James
Dontperish.com
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Anabaptist woman flees colony

Post by Ken »

What did you do? kidnap her?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 pm I thought this might be a God topic. ....

When a Anabaptist woman flees a group and seperates from a husband ....to do so for Christ...biblically.

James
Dontperish.com
… I am not aware of where one needs to leave their husband or wife to serve God.

However, leaving an Anabaptist group is extremely easy to do and is quite simple. People do it all the time. I am not sure anyone needs “assistance” in this day and age to do so, nor does anyone need help leaving their spouse.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 pm I thought this might be a God topic. ....

James
Dontperish.com

I thought you had decided to shake off your tunic and leave us since you didn’t know who was female or not. What biblical reason are you defending for encouraging a woman to leave a husband? Or are you claiming it’s a biblical reason without saying what?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Here is the story for those interested and in it a article on a wife leaving a unbiblical husband who stops her from serving God ...

https://www.dontperish.com/bibleteachin ... erite-cult
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

The New Testament teaches against leaving your spouse.

In the early church, many Christian woman were converts who were married to pagan man. They didn’t leave their husbands but instead obeyed the scriptures: to win their husband over with their “chaste and silent conversation”.

A “gospel” which tells someone to leave their spouse sounds more like a dangerous cult to me.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Your link system is bizarre. Can you post what actual Biblical reasons for this woman to leave her group and husband are? Your website is a mess and not very easy to actually see anything useful for conversation.
I'm not defending the Hutterites modern problems here, but you made a post and either you are just simply attention seeking for more clicks to your website or you can't defend your reasonings.

From my perspective, you could easily argue any woman who is married to someone who doesn't believe like you should leave their spouse were as Scripture specifically teaches against leaving a spouse.
Game is in your court, will you continue to only play in your own sandbox? or will you discuss it here? if you won't discuss your website content here, then I see no reason you should even be allowed to post here.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I had the same question about his site, is it sincere or click inducing for profit.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

I suppose there is reason given in 1Corinthians 7 for a person to leave their spouse, depending on how you read the passage.
1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
There is no sin in separation, or even divorce, the sin is in re-marriage while the first spouse is still alive.
If a woman (or a man) is in a physically abusive relationship, I would encourage separation, even while still praying for the spouse. Which is better, to die from an abusive person (think children here too) or to live separately and protect the family?
There have been a number of cases where abusive husbands (usually) amongst Mennonites and Amish should have been put away long before they were "caught". If the law takes them away or if the spouse leaves, in either case there is a separation.
What do y'all think about those situations?
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Josh

Post by Josh »

gcdonner wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:32 am I suppose there is reason given in 1Corinthians 7 for a person to leave their spouse, depending on how you read the passage.
1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
There is no sin in separation, or even divorce, the sin is in re-marriage while the first spouse is still alive.
If a woman (or a man) is in a physically abusive relationship, I would encourage separation, even while still praying for the spouse. Which is better, to die from an abusive person (think children here too) or to live separately and protect the family?
There have been a number of cases where abusive husbands (usually) amongst Mennonites and Amish should have been put away long before they were "caught". If the law takes them away or if the spouse leaves, in either case there is a separation.
What do y'all think about those situations?
Well, Hutterites are believers, not unbelievers, so this scripture doesn’t apply to them.
0 x